logging bad days

Options
when you are having a day...and I mean not a great one, do you log your food? If so, does it make it better or worse?

Replies

• mel5989
    mel5989 Posts: 80
    Options
    For me, logging the bad days just makes me hold myself accountable and try harder the next day.
  • cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    on nights i go out, i often will fail to log dinner and drinks. but, i always wish i had when i look back, so i try my best to remember to do so.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I log every day. I logged on paper before I joined here. I don't look back at past entries, am not obsessed, but entering makes me accountable. I also don't have that thing that flashes up how many days I've been on because I don't really care. It's not have I been doing it, it's am I going to keep doing it. And I am. I like the new, improved model :bigsmile: .
  • sandhillgirl
    sandhillgirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For me, logging the bad days just makes me hold myself accountable and try harder the next day.
    This! I just like to know where I'm at. Not be obsessive, just to keep honest with myself.
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Not to sound holier-than-thou, but I find that I don't really have many bad days since I log all through the day, which keeps me accountable and on track. Not to say I haven't gone over a bit on a few days, but I made the choice to do so knowing exactly how many calories over it would take me and was willing to do so knowing I was at or under goal most days. If I didn't log on "bad" days, or EVERY day, I think I could easily slide back into very mindless eating habits. HTH and good luck!
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I haven't in the past and have been unsuccessful in the past.

This time, I am - I've hit day 15 (my longest span ever). The last couple of days, it has been BAD! And I have kept logging!

When I COMPLETE my journal, and it says in 5 WEEKS, I will be 3 lbs HEAVIER - It helps me keep my eye on the prize!
  • jaciofthedead
    Options

I AGREE 100%
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Yep I log them all. But I'm very lucky and do not have bad days because I refuse to eat over my limits because I hate losing lbs over again....Today is a rough day for me. After not feeling hungry yesterday, today that's all I feel. Oh well I will get thru it with the help of Zumba and the gym today. :happy:
  • Michelle81285
    Options
    I had ice cream last night and a cookie today and I logged it... I don't even feel bad about it either!
  • krismonaco
    krismonaco Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Do it--even if you know you're going to be bad log it and move on--admiting it makes it better than denying it =)
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options

This. I go ahead and log it.
  • jessababy22
    Options
    I always try to log everything. The bad days make me feel bad of course, but I just forgive myself and move on to try better the next day. By logging the bad days, I feel better about the good days!

Right now I'm in a rut because I usually go for walks on my lunch breaks but because its been so hot this week, I haven't been able to. I personally need to get it together to work out in the morning or night in order to get back on track.

We all have our weak points, just don't give up!
  • biznoche
    biznoche Posts: 43
    Options
    No, I don't. :blushing: And it's not a good thing. It means I don't have to hold myself accountable for what I've eaten.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    If I eat it, I log it. It helps keep me honest.
  • NaomiDollar
    NaomiDollar Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I log everything....good bad or indifferent

as for the better or worse I would have to say neither.
  • 1RBelle512
    1RBelle512 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    When I lost 50 lbs I logged 99% of the time, even when it was bad, and I found that I actually had less bad the more I logged.

Now that I'm trying to lose 15 lbs of regained weight, I've discovered that I'm really bad on the weekends. I say "discovered" because at first I wasn't logging them, kind of giving myself a break, and then when I finally did I realized WOW that is bad enough to erase all the good I did this week!

So, yes, log your bad days. Don't beat yourself up about them, but learn the lesson, and you'll start to have less bad days.
  • Montegue42
    Montegue42 Posts: 98
    Options
    I had ice cream last night and a cookie today and I logged it... I don't even feel bad about it either!

Yes! I log everything! Its a little disheartening if I go over, but I find if I'm always logging, then I start to think that things just aren't worth it.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    If I eat it I log it!! I'll tell ya what though...knowing people can "see" my bad days I definitely think twice about what I put in my mouth!! :) So it actually helps! :)
  • marilyngrant18
    marilyngrant18 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I log my good days and not-so-good days (and there are, unfortunately, quite a few) and I make my diary viewable to friends. I also log as I go and sometimes I will check ahead to see the nutrition information for something I'm considering eating and knowing it up front helps me make an informed decision as to whether I eat the food or not.

It hurts to be truthful sometimes, but it helps to be truthful all the time.
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Log it all girlfriend! That's why we are here. If we could have eaten and lost on our own, we wouldn't need this community and accountability!