lose 10 pounds by Christmas

Options

Replies

• FitShark
    Options
    Finished up a beautiful weekend with 6 hrs of yard work...needless to say didnt take the long walk/jog (I'm a bit slow, but guessing that is what people are calling a "wog" these day?...if thats the latest term, I've been wogging for years : P !!!)

My husband and I were raking, blowing dragging and burning leaves for hours! and still, have some major piles to move in one particularly previously neglected area :( But its healthy work and so I shouldnt complain)

Monday: KenpoX+ done and off to wog...I have 2 dogs that require a lot of exercise, so at least I have them to get me walking even if I dont do anything else somedays...

time to record my food...I like the idea of entering the basics that I know, that I have planned out and then going back for the extras: I take lunch to work, mostly soups and salads, so it should be very easy to save my basic meals and go from there, THX for the tip!!

Be your best, everyone and have a great day!
    Carolyn
  • teahsmama
    teahsmama Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am with all of you. Lets do this together. Great motivation.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I will assume they meant 1200 calories + 300 being their excercise calories earned. you should eat at least some if not all of your excercise cals since mfp already has us at a deficit.

the water idea from a recent post - :smile: that was me, skinny water from t he belly fat diet... lemon, lime, cucs and ginger.... i never did the ginger, and did less then the half cuc they cal for cuz surpisingly the cucs over power the lemony stuff (i find) so i just made it to my own taste, it's pretty good OOOOH i forgot one ingredient :noway: fresh mint leaves too!!! oops :flowerforyou:

water is one of my biggest problems, just getting it in, not cuz i drink other sturff

I read on one of the posts 1,200 cal intake with +300 cal, what does that mean?

My biggest problem: Intake of water. I did read another group that is chatting it up regarding water and got some interesting ideas. The best - lemon, ginger and cucumber pitcher. I will make it and see if it helps. I think that along with the slow metabolism water is my biggest issue. I need to drink.:drinker:

• Magenta15
    Options
    joa827: yep the soup will be for lunches (or suppers) i tend to cook multiple meals on the weekend measure it and pack it up into the fridge and or freezer so that i have a variety of stuff to grab from during the week, i still have some chili in the freezer and brown rice already cookes, another kind of soup, and lasagna, and now the beef barley, and taco meat ... so i won't get bored this week and even if im too lazy to prep lunch in the morning, or to tired to do supper at night there's something healthy for me to grab at. :smile:

back to the grind today, m-w.f i generally do 30 min cardio before i leave work, and then go take the dog for a walk. t+th i have zumba but sometimes i still do my 30 min cardio before i leave work those days too....depends how i am feeling lol

since i do not feel quite ready to attempt p90x in its entirety, but do have the dvds, would it be worth it for me to at least incorporate some of the stuff like kenpo, or plyo or yoga on the days i dont get my other stuff in? :smile:

everyone you're all doing GREAT :bigsmile: WE CAN do this!

teahsmama: welcome :flowerforyou:

R_u: welcome! :flowerforyou:

and anyone else i may have missed i apologize! welcome :flowerforyou:

fitshark: I also input as much as i can in the morning of what i know im going to eat that day, and then make any adjustments, that way i know where i stand all day, as well as know if i do have room for maybe that special treat someone brought in, or that extra piece of cheese :wink: mmm i love cheese lol
  • amcmamcm
    Options
    r_u_learn - I have the same problem with water. I really have to try hard to drink 8 glasses a day. I can eat a whole meal without a sip of water! Now, I try to drink most of my water before 5pm, or I have to get up and go to the bathroom all night long... I try to have a sip between bites every time that I eat.
    I also do not have much support from my family. I am trying to get my husband involved, but he is always too tired. After walking by myself for a few weeks, I stopped to talk with one of my neighbors and now we walk together for one hour every day, after the kids get on the school bus. Maybe you can do the same thing. I have lost 5 lb since joining in October and the only exercise that I do is my daily walk, about 3 miles a day and by back stretching and core strengthening exercises.
    I also agree with you that 1200 calories is not much. So far I found that air popped popcorn, rice cakes, carrots, celery and apples are what fills me up most. Let me know what works best for you.
    Have a great week!
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Sorry I didn't get on yesterday. I will try to catch up on posts!

Smiley ~ thanks! you too are an inspiration! Keep up the great work!

Pollie ~ wow, snow?! Where do you live? Yesterday my husband and I went to the Chicago Bears game and had beautiful weather (73 degrees) unfortunately that was all that was nice. The Bears looked horrible! I am sure we will be seeing some snow soon.

Today is my "rest day," and day 43 for me, however it has been hectic here. Construction has started on the new room and my new tile is being installed in the kitchen and laundry area over the next three days.

Oh, also had my offical weigh in yesterday. I was 141.4 so up from my 2 day fast (which I expected) but down 1.6 lbs from last Sunday. So I will take it. So I have lost 3 lbs in two weeks. But slow and steady wins the race!

You all are doing terrific and I appreciate the support and motivation you all have to offer! Keep up the great work everyone!

Bethe
  • Magenta15
    Options
    I live in Ontario, Canada :laugh: it was just a dusting, gone already we have nice sunny weather for a couple days, but the real stay on the ground stuff isn't far!
  • sheilajane
    sheilajane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work ladies. I'm still in awe of those who workout so much !! Still getting in my daily walk and doing very well with the calorie intake now that the red velvet cake is gone.
  • iris6466
    Options
    Good evening everyone,

Everyone is so movtivated! Love it.
    I'm checking in on Mondays because I see a nutrition nurse on Mondays. To answer your question on hcg shots. I'm okay in health. The hcg shots is part of a weight loss program for 8 weeks. the shots help you lose the bad fat in your body and restructure your body. Most people lose weight fast by mainly water weight and muscle in which makes your skin sag. but with these shots, i'm losing weight in the right places (the bad fat). My skin is not sagging. I actually have a waist line. I have not seen that since i had my last baby who is 15 years old now.

So I lost 2 lbs pounds this past week. I could lose more if I exercise more often. I only exercise 3 times a week. I need motivation! My family loves to eat and watch tv. LOL. Trust me I have will power not eating what they eat for snacks.

Well have a great week everyone.
  • joa827
    joa827 Posts: 49
    Options
    Everyone seems like they are doing great! Keep up the good work!

I had a wonderful weekend. So many fun events! Back to the grind now! Today was my "rest day". I actually don't like rest days but know they are necessary so I take them. I was way over on calories today (600!!!) I cannot just eat 1200 calories and I didn't have any exercise calories today. Anyway, some of it was unavoidable (like I said cannot only eat 1200) and some of it wasn't- "snacked" a bit and picked at several things which added up. Anyway, better luck tomorrow! I know it will be better since I have my exercise calories to use!

My p90x schedule says yoga tomorrow but I really cannot stand yoga so I may cheat and do a 4-5 mile run! We'll see what I feel like in the morning. Yoga is just so boring to me!

Today was weigh in day for me... I am down 1 pound to 164 so that is great! was hoping for 1.5-2 but I will take the 1 for now! Can't complain when the scale is moving the right direction! I need to be better about not picking at food and hopefully I will have a bigger number next week.

Smiley- Sounds like you are doing great! Congrats on the workouts you are a machine! Also congrats on the loss of inches! Yippie! Keep it up!

r-u-learn- Welcome! Of course you can join the more the merrier! 1200+300 probably meant their calories for the day should have been 1200 but they added 300 due to exercise. That is my guess anyway. I would say go out and run around with your kids from time to time instead of staying in and cleaning- they are only little once and running around with them is so much exercise! Make it a priority even if it is only a 15 minute walk in the morning before your husband leaves for work or right when he gets home. I cannot only eat 1200. I just can’t that is why I exercise and eat most if not all of those calories.

Carolyn- Yardwork is some serious exercise! I can see why you didn’t want to “exercise” after that! Hope recording your meals went well today!

Teahsmama- welcome!

Polliesgirl- I do the same thing with making large meals and saving them. I am way too tired after work to even attempt a healthy dinner! Glad you are getting workouts in in the morning. I love working out in the morning always makes my day better. I would say incorporate some of the p90x stuff if you want some cross training or strength training, it can’t hurt. Be careful with plyo it is harder than it seems! I would do some of the weight dvds too if you are interested in weight training. Just use no weights for the leg stuff and do lighter weights for the other. The hardest one to modify (as in not buy a pull up bar and/or bands) is the chest and back dvd. Good luck! Let us know what you decide!

Bethe- Congrats of the weight loss. I had a rest day today too. I hate rest days but couldn’t do a 7 day workout week, 6 is plenty!

Sheilajane- Great job on your walks! Keep those up! Maybe add a few running breaks to them to up the intensity if you are looking to do so. Good job!

Iris- Great job. Congrats on the 2 pounds that is wonderful!
  • r_u_learn
    Options
    joa827 - Thank you for letting me join. The 1200+300 makes sense, thans. Good excuse for working out, I would get to eat more. I'm not going to post the work outs though. Today I did a 10 min. walk. Nothing compared to six hours of yard work. But I will not record it, my rule.
    You are right about going out to run around with the kids but they are at the driveway and down the street on their bikes & other wheels, not far and it wouldn't make a big difference. I do stay close, gosh I love them. If I can get my hubby to take them to the park, I let them go by themselves. He needs to move more than I.

Iris6466 CONGRATS!!! 2 lbs. I gained four before I lost and ended up where I was starting. Your family sounds like my hubby. I don't do any junk either. It doesnt come in the shopping cart much less my home. Even when someone brings a treat I immediatly toss it because I know I am weak and I will have to watch others eat it. Besides usually it is just empty calories that will harm them anyway.

Amcmamcm, arrg, water. I know it is so good and I need, my liver needs it, but I never got used to drinking the stuff. We always had other things to drink at home and as a kid and teen metabolism is working so great we don't notice. I have trained my kids to love water. I don't know how I didn't catch on. I wouldn't mind having to get up at night to use the bathroom.
    Sounds like finding someone is helpful. I got a dog a couple of years ago and I walked our soles off. Then I trained him to go in the yard and don't walk him any longer. He's tiny so he walks himself in the yard. I should be ashamed, I sort of am. I don't know about my neighbors here. I have had some squabbles with a few because they usually walk with their dogs and I can't stand seeng dogs poop on my lawn and have told them to clean up. I worry that my kids will get it all over themselves, it did happen on Saturday:mad:
    Support at home, blah. The kids enjoy going out for fun and I used to walk a lot but since my hubby is so relaxed and not interested I have picked up on that. I do stay busy at home even if I don't get out. But I should just leave him at home and go to a nice park for a walk. I think I am going to get a step counter.

PolliesGirl: Thanks for the receipe for "Water" :drinker: and thank you for the welcome:flowerforyou:

Keep up the good work everyone. I hope that you and I, all reach the goal.
  • amcmamcm
    Options
    r_u_learn - You should definitively go to the park. You will probably meet someone there that wants to walk with you. Hey, if someone is walking, just ask them if you can join them!
    I feel the same way about people that do not clean up after their dogs :explode:

I hope everyone is having a great week!
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Well today is day 44 for me! I would love to be down working out now but I have to wait for the construction people to come. I am waiting on two different groups so who knows when I will get to it.

Is anyone else limiting their calorie intake and NOT including exercise calories? I am trying to consume between 1200 - 1350. So I have my calorie goal set to 800 and that way when I get my 500 + calories burned it adds up to the top amount of calories I want to consume for the day. My coach is helping me quite a bit on BeachBody. Not only do I limit my calories I am also trying to balance my carbs/fat/protein, 40% carbs / 30% fat /30% protein. And now with all that said I FAILED SOMETHING AWFUL yesterday. I am unable to get into my kitchen with the tile being laid. So I had two slimfasts yesterday (fridge is in the family room :ohwell: ) and for lunch I ended up eating a small mcdonalds fries and a freaking burger king hamburger. Then for dinner just to stick a knife in the day I ate a piece of pizza. I am not happy with myself at all. :sad:

Oh well, here is to a brand new day!

Thanks for the motivation you all offer!

Bethe
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Ah, I managed to squeeze in my workout. After a few stops and starts I have completed day 44! Calories burned ~ 616 (50% fat), max HR 175 (95%) and avg HR 127 (69%). I did P90 sculpt 3-4 and 2 miles on the treadmill.

See you all tomorrow!
  • smileydays
    smileydays Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

Sorry I didn’t check in yesterday. I was too tired at night. I didn’t sleep well on Sunday night so I woke up on Monday and pushed myself super hard for my workout with my friend. We did a 50-minute workout and burned 300 calories. Go us! Then, after that we made veggie omelets with 2 egg whites and one whole egg. They were super yummy. He ate his with rice and I had one small potatoes’ worth of hash browns. Yum! After that, I was on the run all day, damn near. I felt terrible on my way home so my boyfriend and I picked up In-N-Out for dinner and I skipped the double-double and had a cheeseburger and fries. I felt really bad, but I only went over my calories yesterday by 60. I wanted to work off 100 when I got home, but I was too tired. I took a shower and clocked out to sleep at about 10.

This morning though, I started brand new. I tried to forget yesterday and start new today. I got up and did my 15 minute workout before work. I burned 38 calories doing calisthenics and like 5 minutes of cardio. I ate ¾ cup of honey nut cheerios for breakfast with one cup 2% milk (about 250 calories). For lunch, I’m having a turkey sandwich and veggies that equals just over 300 calories. I am also hoping to go for a leisurely walk at lunch, at least a mile (although I only have 30 minutes, so we will see), as well as one after work. For dinner, we were talking about homemade chicken sausage and rice. It sounds really yummy and I’ll check in with you guys tonight and let you know how I did. I am also hoping to do a workout tonight for at least 15 minutes.

To catch up with you guys--

R_u_learn- Welcome to the group! For me, it is easy to get water in when it is cold. I don’t know, after a workout and during dinner I love to drink water! I don’t drink any other kind of beverage (for I had to give up caffeine for my mental and physical health) except for milk every morning for breakfast and sometime the occasional glass of fruit juice. Do you drink something else and have problems getting water in or are you just not thirsty? When I was drinking Diet Coke, I would have like 4 liter of it a day and completely skip over water. I felt so low energy. Now, with drinking water, I sleep better and have better energy throughout the day! Maybe, you should try just to sip more water during the day. I hope it helps a little.
    I read in this magazine one time about someone with your predicament. The woman was complaining because she didn’t have enough time to go to the gym or even go for a walk because she was so busy at home. They suggested to her that she either do everything a little at a time (so like, one room per night) or just care less. Like no one is going to look all over to see what you have missed, just skim over the room, pick up the big stuff and vacuum once a week and you should be fine. I’m not saying skip out on all your chores, maybe just care less. =]
    I feel the same way about the guiltiness. My boyfriend doesn’t support me when I go for workouts (but lately, he has been participating) but I realized that it was for me! He’ll love it when I lose the extra weight and I’ll love me more. Does that make sense? Instead of feeling guilty, feel like you need to do this for them (to be a good role model for your kids and to become more fit and sleeker for your husband), and for you.
    I look forward to hearing more about your weight loss journey and hope that you stick to your hard work. =] Good Luck!

FitShark- 6 hours of yard work??? Oh goodness. You must have a sizable yard! Also, if that is what people call wogs, you just enlightened me a little. =] Thanks. Keep up the hard work!

Teahsmama- Welcome!

Polliesgirl- I’ve been meaning to ask, what is zumba? Do you enjoy it?

Amcmamcm- Great job on sticking to your walking. I’m glad that you found something you enjoy, have seen results and do it with someone you enjoy doing it with. Hopefully, your husband will join you soon. Keep up the excellent work!

Dragonfly74- Wow! Construction in the house can cause a little stress, although it is totally exciting! Maybe practice Yoga to help relieve stress and just keep sticking to your workouts. Let us know how it looks! Great job on the weight loss! 1.6 pounds isn’t anything to frown about! I usually limit my caloric intake without adding the exercise calories; I kind of use them as a buffer. If I go over, I know the exercise calories will hold me off but I try to do everything I can to keep my caloric intake at 1200-1300 calories. Eating out a little is not bad. Last night I ate out, but I tried to pick healthier than I would have a month ago. So I had fries and a burger for dinner. It was like 890 calories, but I didn’t feel like cooking and I hadn’t eaten since early in the morning. Just keep up with the counting the next day and you’ll be fine! Good luck! Also, great job on the workout!

Sheilajane- Keep up those walks! Try to challenge yourself to walk briskly everyday and I’m sure you will see results soon!

Iris6466- That is a good idea (the HCG shots). I don’t like to use medication so much, I’m trying to lose my weight naturally and it’s been working. Hopefully I am losing at least some bad fat and I hope to keep all of this weight off, so I can prevent osteoporosis. My father has been diagnosed with it and I have had an aversion to milk and anything to do with it because it really upset my stomach. I got diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, depression and (to go along with it) irritable bowel syndrome caused by all the stress I have endured. I can no longer drink caffeine but I now drink milk. It’s getting better with exercise and I have changed my living environment to not be so stressful! Hooray. Sorry for ranting. Great job on the weight loss! I hope it stays off and you see these kinds of numbers again next week! =]

Joa827- Sometimes, you need a little extra calories to make your body happy. Don’t feel bad; just know you will try harder today and for the rest of the week! Great job on the weight loss! Keep up the good work!

Alright, happy hopes and lots of love to you guys. Good luck today! I look forward to hearing from all of you!

<3,
    -C.
  • Magenta15
    Options
    Am off to Zumba shortly,
    Smiley, Zumba is a latin dance inspired aerobic class type workout, it's sooooo fun!
    you can also buy zumba workout dvd's

Zumba kicks my butt twice a week!!!! so worth a try!

off to go sweat! great job everyone!!!!
  • SkinnyJess
    SkinnyJess Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hello to all of you. :smile: I hope that you have all had a great day. I got about 4 miles done today, about 3/4 or a little over was jogging. I just started doing that a week or so ago and I am happy to finally be able to jog!!! :tongue: I have NEVER been able to do that for more than about a block before! My eating was pretty good today. I was well within my calories but...I gave into a cookie as a snack. :grumble: It was a pumpkin cookie and this time of year I want to have at least one of those! I can't wait to get my P90X in the mail so I can start it!!! :happy: I also just wanted to say thank you for you out there that are so devoted to writing on here and motivating us all. :wink: I am part of another group and it has started to fizzle out. Only about 2-3 posts for a whole WEEK!!! Crazy! I like the daily interaction. Thank you and I hope you are all having a wonderful night.

God bless,

Jessica :flowerforyou:
  • joa827
    joa827 Posts: 49
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I did well today. I was within my calories. I did 90 minutes of yoga this morning. I actually enjoyed it rather than loathed it the whole time!

Sorry I don't have time for personals today but I promise to do that tomorrow!
  • smileydays
    smileydays Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    So this morning, as I wrote, I did a workout and had cereal for breakfast. For lunch, I ate a really yummy turkey sandwich with fresh spinach and mustard. At lunch, I fit in a 20 minute brisk walk and after work, I took a leisurely walk. For dinner, I had 2 turkey burgers on top of a bed of egg noodles, topped with 1 tsp of olive oil. It was super yummy! No workout tonight because I'm totally sleepy. =]

Tomorrow, I have a workout with my friend in the morning and then I'm going to my mom's to watch movies and bake goodies. I will probably snack on some goodies, but I will try to keep it in line with my diet and try not to overdo it. We might workout at her house (she has an elliptical, treadmill and rowing machine) just to try and torch some calories. =]

I hope you all have a good day tomorrow and I will write you as soon as I get home.

<3,
    -C.
  • FitShark
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I feel so much better tracking things again...I havent been 100 % at it yet, but I'm thinking more about what I am making to eat and what I am having to eat!

As for my 6 hrs or work in the yard: we have an acre, and many trees...what I was focusing on was an area totally under tree cover that I havent cleared out since we moved in , uh, 3 yrs ago! I wanted to get it under control this year, so in the spring, the under brush of the wooded area we live in might make a reappearance :) It was alot of raking, cutting dead branches, removing fallen tree limbs...etc but it was sooo nice out, and so reawarding to clean it up....

Workout Done: Insanity Pure Cardio, dog wog

Tomorrow: havent decided yet, maybe a P90X or X+......kind a feel like Core Synergistics
    Thrsday : Insanity Cardio Max

so thats the plan...eating is going well since I am "pre-recording" and planning meals accordingly

Hope you all have a good day

Carolyn