SPORTS BRAS FOR LARGER BREASTED WOMEN

Options

Replies

• jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I definitely recommend the Shock Absorber...36H here (please tell me this will go down with weight loss?!) and with that bra on, those babies don't move at all! Well worth the price.

Hard to say. I started at around 36H. I am down 40 pounds....and down to 34H. Not exactly a dramatic shift in breast size. My underbust is a lot smaller. around 3.5 inches.
  • lilmzzgreeneyez
    lilmzzgreeneyez Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i could and i want to but right at this moment i cant afford it and my bf isnt gonna give me more money, i used money this week for other MORE important things
  • Mitchlou84
    Mitchlou84 Posts: 135
    Options
    There is absolutely no need to wear multiple sports bras. I was a 38GG and 36HH at different times and now a 34G. I wear shock absorbers. I'm able to run, do Body Attack everything with no pain or anything. My bust is very much held in place.

Go for the highest level you can buy and you will be absolutely fine! Can highly recommend and so comfy
  • Mitchlou84
    Mitchlou84 Posts: 135
    Options
    I tried on the panache too in a bra shop the other day, its lovely, but I couldn't do the hook things at the back by myself, you hook the shoulder straps together to give more support and I found them tricky!
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I like the TaTa Tamer from Lululemon. I don't think they go up to F+ but I buy a 34DD or a 36D (if a funky color is on clearance, I am all about it and will take either size! HAHA) and it works great. My only complaint is you have to practically be a gymnast to get it on in the criss-cross back style (you can change it to regular style but the criss cross is better hold for like running, etc.) I finally figured it out but it took awhile. Haha!
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I've tried a lot of the suggestions here, but I'm *BIG* breasted. I just measured and stuff and I'm a 42G. Many of these sites don't even offer anything higher than a 38, unfortunately.

Through all the sites and searches, I've decided I"m buying:

Anita 5529
    Anita 5527

Both have stellar reviews so here's hoping I can add another.

They're spendy, at $69/each however I workout 4-5 times a week doing body step, running and LesMills Body Pump so a little support can go a long way!
  • emmeinde
    emmeinde Posts: 22
    Options
    I tried on the panache too in a bra shop the other day, its lovely, but I couldn't do the hook things at the back by myself, you hook the shoulder straps together to give more support and I found them tricky!

You don't have to hook them into a racerback, although I appreciate the option. I usually wear it in its original form because I can never get it UNhooked if I do racerback! Ha! Still super supportive, and yes, I bought the purple option!
  • jadedone
    Options
    There is absolutely no need to wear multiple sports bras. I was a 38GG and 36HH at different times and now a 34G. I wear shock absorbers. I'm able to run, do Body Attack everything with no pain or anything. My bust is very much held in place.

Go for the highest level you can buy and you will be absolutely fine! Can highly recommend and so comfy

100% Agreed!

Also, for you ladies with bands bigger than 38, try Elomi. I think it goes up to 46ish.
  • joanie152
    joanie152 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • FitnFabMichelle
    FitnFabMichelle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Same issue here. I wear a regular bra (that I use only for exercising) with a tight sports bra over it. And sometimes a compression tank with 'build in bra' (HA!) as well. I think the only thing that would prevent excessive bouncing would be duct tape.

That's what I do too!
  • DivineRED1
    DivineRED1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I love my enell sports bra! I bought two standard underwire bras and my sports bra at the same time. My underwire bras are too big now (I need 38DDDs down from 44H - woohoo!!) and my enell bra is still just fine so even though they are expensive, if you are in the losing process, you will be able to wear for a while. The next enell bra I buy will be black though as the one I have looks like a regular bra peaking out from my exercise clothes. My girls do not bounce in the bit while running on the treadmill or kicking it up a notch on the elliptical :)

I just googled Enell Sports Bra, omg they look like bullet proof vests!
  • DivineRED1
    DivineRED1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    bump for later

I'm new to MFP, what does "bump" and "bump for later" mean?
  • Tender78
    Tender78 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Would love to find a good sports bra...been wearing 2 plus a regular bra. Not only are my girls large but they're not the perkiest so they tend to need A LOT of support.
  • Lia1210
    Lia1210 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34-F (eur)... and can't find any good sports bras or even regular bras, for that matter! :(. I have one really great bra (non-sport), but it meant shelling out $180!! Anything for large cup, small band under the $100 range??
  • Lia1210
    Lia1210 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump for later

I'm new to MFP, what does "bump" and "bump for later" mean?

I was wondering the same thing!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34-F (eur)... and can't find any good sports bras or even regular bras, for that matter! :(. I have one really great bra (non-sport), but it meant shelling out $180!! Anything for large cup, small band under the $100 range??
    are you in the US? enell and shock absorber are under $100.
    you can also order a shock absorber from very.com. the price work out to in the $40 US range!

also in general, i love panache tango bras and wacoal. both have really nice, supportive and pretty bras in the F-H range that are definitely under $100 and many under $60.

try barenecessities.com too.

oh yeah as for weight loss and boob size, you never know. i started out as 38G, lost 28 pounds and now I'm like 34HH. That basically means my ribcage has shrunk but my actual breast size has remained the same :huh:
  • looopyloops
    looopyloops Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I tried one of these on was too small ,lulu does not carry anything for larger women in my opinion I was disappointed four a bra at north face that fit me though just down the street in Kelowna bc http://www.thenorthface.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TNFSearchResult?langId=-12&storeId=208&catalogId=10201&searchTerm=bra#1340344103032
  • jadedone
    Options

oh yeah as for weight loss and boob size, you never know. i started out as 38G, lost 28 pounds and now I'm like 34HH. That basically means my ribcage has shrunk but my actual breast size has remained the same :huh:

I am very similar. Pretty much the same at the start (37 underbust which translated into a 36H or 38G bra), but I have dropped maybe a half cup after 40 pounds and I am now a 34H-HH. My underbust (ribcage) measure has shrunk a little over 3 inches.

I hope I can lose a little bit of volume, but it doesn't seem like it. If I continue on this annoying path, bra shopping will be come impossible, and I'll be in the super obnoxious land above H cups where the selection is really limited.
  • roguestates
    roguestates Posts: 223
    Options
    I'm currently travelling... Does anyone know where to get larger bras in SE Asia (Thailand, Singapore, etc)?? I forgot to buy extras before I left for my trip. I'm probably SOL but thought maybe someone might know.
  • Ayirela
    Ayirela Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies...

I am wondering where you all get your sports bras. I am a 38H and it is hard to find something comfortable and that keeps support while working out (especially during cardio workouts).

I recently used Title9 sports....they are an online place and they have bras for larger women but havent found anything comfortable yet......

Nike make great sports bras what I do because I have to double up my sports bras to keep from hitting myself in the face....I put on a sports bra that would fit then I squeeze the puppies into another one that is a bit too small to really hold them in place....it is pretty effective and has been working for me with exercising so far! Good luck to you!!!