If you have cals left over - what do you eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• Ravenesque_
    Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Marmite on toast.
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I try to plug in my meals as early in the day as possible so I'm not stuck with a deficit at night, because it really sucks to make that up. :(

My go-tos - greek yogurt with stevia and blueberries (a few almonds if I'm REALLY behind), or whole grain toast with peanut butter (maybe a small bowl of cantaloupe or watermelon with it).
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    nothing! lol..the goal is to HAVE calories left over :P

Actually, you are wrong. Mfp already builds in a calorie deficit according to what goal you set yourself, so you are actually supposed to try and eat the calories it allots to you, or as close as you can get.
  • Brennaohh
    Brennaohh Posts: 47
    Options

Actually, you are wrong. Mfp already builds in a calorie deficit according to what goal you set yourself, so you are actually supposed to try and eat the calories it allots to you, or as close as you can get.

not to mention, I have found that this site UNDER estimates. So (for me anyways) my calorie goals are lower then they are supposed to be.
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options

not to mention, I have found that this site UNDER estimates. So (for me anyways) my calorie goals are lower then they are supposed to be.

Agreed. Mine routinely has me at 1500-1600, while my cut is actually 1875.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Glass of milk and almonds. Sometimes crackers like Wheat Thins (I know, probably really junk food but I love them) and cheese.
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Really sick of this dont eat after 11pm or 8pm crap....just because its dark out doesnt mean your body dies inside and says WHOOA no more food im shut down, common use your head your body is constantly working even when your asleep eat when you want and dont listen to the ones that think they cant eat late. The ones who dont eat late also think eating fat makes you fat its called a myth.

I eat after 8 and 11 almost all the time and its probably made me loose more then anything and i have no problem loosing weight

Oh and my go tos are peanut butter and a spoon, protein shake, trail mix
  • mgoetsch1982
    mgoetsch1982 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to make up for some calories at night, try to have it be high in protein and low in carbs. A couple good ones would be hard boiled eggs or a protein shake. If I know that I am going to be low by a couple hundred, I will have a protein shake after I work out.

I personally don't like to eat at night, but there is nothing wrong with eating once it gets dark out. I don't like to go to bed with food in my stomach
  • phitless
    phitless Posts: 9
    Options
    I feel your pain. It is a rarity that I consume 1800. MFP wants says about 2200 without exercise...add in the 200-600 calories I burn, and I am under 600-1000 calories. Today (Thursday) was one of the few days I was over, and that was just because I hit Rally's for lunch.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options

Agreed. Mine routinely has me at 1500-1600, while my cut is actually 1875.

What does that mean, "my cut"?

MFP is a site written by two dieter dudes with, as far as I can tell, zero training. I don't do the MFP plan, just log here, but if I did I certainly wouldn't force-feed to meet its goal when my own body is content with what I've already eaten. Despite what you read here, weight loss really is about racking up deficits and there is no starvation mode.