logging bad days

Options
12346»

Replies

• ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    early on, logging a binge (1/2 package of chips ahoy) made me realize that eating something "bad" didn't have to ruin the progress.

Yes, I was over cals that day but not as much as I thought I would be and not enough to gain weight.

I've logged all my bad days since.

Sometimes I can even use the logging to look at other stuff and end up staying in cals for the day.
  • becsel
    becsel Posts: 16
    Options
    I agree. Look at yourself honestly, learn from your mistakes, allow yourself to have imperfections, and keep moving forward!
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I logging in everything every day. I would always do well for so long then have a bad day or two and I would mentally beat myself up and then give up. but I noticed by logging in every day (honestly) I find that having a "bad" day every once in awhile is ok. I don't gain everything back just because I treat myself every now and then. We are human, we are going to stumble on any jouney we set out on, we just need to learn to dust ourselves up and keep going ( "bruises heal" ).
  • PDuff08
    PDuff08 Posts: 9
    Options
    I log everyday weather its good or bad. I don't know my errors if I don't log and I tend to keep overeating or making poor food choices. So logging gives me a since of accountability & is seriously makes me better. I think twice on what I eat,or if the calories are worth it.
  • DrowningMermaid
    Options
    I have logged in everything since I joined last month. It's been some good days, some bad days and some just "ok" days. I like to note it all because it reminds me at the end of the day "if every day were like today, you'd weigh _______" and I see what my bad day does to my eating habits and I try harder the next day to change it for the better. I don't want that prospective number to be higher, ya know?
  • speedracer2007
    speedracer2007 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The olny reason I've been succesful dieting this time is because I'm using MFP , logging everything (or at least 99.9%) every day. I am being accountable to myself. I'm not worried about what other think, I'm sure some do...but if I don't log everything, even the bad days, who am I fooling? My friends who read my food diary? Do they matter? Not really. I'm fooling myself because I ate what I ate and to ignore it I'm just ignoring reality.

In my opinion, you better start being true to your self and what you want out of MFP ...If you only log the good days, why be on here?
    Good luck, I hope you succeed because I know you can do it.
  • tuiccim
    tuiccim Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I log everything no matter one. And I have great MFP pals that encourage me so much when I do go over. There isn't any blame or recrimination, they just tell me they believe in me and to pick myself up and keep going.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    YES! I didn't use to but I easily gave up when I wouldn't log in for several bad days in a row. Now if I have a bad day, I suck it up, log it, leave my diary open for accountability and I am WAY less likely to repeat it the next day.