is it easiert the first time you break up when it

Options

Replies

• supatim
    supatim Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    well, drinking doesn't solve the problem, regardless.

I don't think that comment was called for. Rude much?

Come on, it was hilarious!

Instead of a :facepalm: how about an elbow to your choppers. No, it wasn't hilarious you sick piece of s**t.

U mad? It's serious when people start e-elbowing each others choppers. :laugh:

How long HAVE you lived in your Moms basement?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Your mom jokes now? Way to up the ante bro. I gotta go to bed now. Sorry, but your moms doesn't like to be kept waiting. You know how she gets...
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    dafuq did i just read?
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    This whole thread confuses me.
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I almost think the finality of the last time is easier to deal with. Yes it's over, but no more what if questions, and the day to day tension ends, mostly. Hope it doesn't come to that. Hugs!
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options

Umm.. What !? ... I was sure it solved ALL problems !!!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    An on again off again is no fun, but seems to get easier each time. The blind side is the hardest.

People need to lighten up. The drinking comment was hilarious given how the OP was typed up. It wasn't the easiest/clearest thing to read. I didn't even notice the scruffy guy drinking a beer, at first, which makes the comment even better once I did.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree that the first time..the blindside...is hardest. When it's unexpected, it's like a baseball bat to the heart. The second time, while painful, at least there is some small amount of expectation of the pain. (((HUGS)))
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    My babel fish says the answer to these random words is "yep giving it another go is generally futile"
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    It was GREAT for me...I was always the one in the relationship issuing the walking papers.:laugh:
    Somehow, I was able to cope. snif snif....
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    all the first emotions but with the hope to try again

or the second, when no hope is left. its over.

which is easier for you?

The first is easier for me to deal with. I can handle my emotions pretty well even if something comes as a shock. The death of hope however is harder for the eternal optimist in me to deal with. It's more a philosophical angst.

Cool thread. You should be rat arsed more often...
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Blindsided is worse.

And drinking did help.
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    It was easier the second time round, as I was half expecting it anyways. You never get back with someone without wondering, what if.....
    '
    Btw, Cry, shout, scream do whatever, but above all, hold your head up high and concentrate on you and what's best for you alone.

I've been through several separations with the same person. It never gets easier really, but emotionally I think you subconsiously prepare yourself for the worst case scenario.

Any breakup is always gonna hurt though. :-/
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    The second is easier, because you already really know deep down that it is a possibility. When you are blindsided it's like hitting a brick wall and then having said wall come crashing down on you. When my wife wanted a divorce I was crushed and very emotional. We tried to patch it up but in the end it didn't work. When she finally left I had already come to grips with the situation.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options

Um, no. That wasn't the question, was it?

Did you read the OP? That was totally my take on it.

I feel bad for the gal, but come on - the last thing ANYONE should do is tie one on and go post in an online forum!

[edit: GAL]
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    ahhhh...the ol get drunk and log onto MFP thing....dont drink and drive ( and dont post either)
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    ETA: to the person who said "drinking doesn't help," you can just keep your mouth shut.

this.. and honestly if I am the one doing the walking the blind side is easier... getting blind sided however.. not so much fun.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options

It's like you're in my head.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Getting drunk to cope is what losers do. That's why the musicians who make it big do so singing sad songs.
    People love to go around in pity for themselves. :sad:
    BUCK UP!
    There are many more fish in the sea. And nobody catches a fish moaning and groaning.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Honestly, snw, I don't know how to answer your question. I think both bring their own unique heart break.