Replies

• Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Sure do
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    Yes, don't deprive yourself. Eat what you want in moderation and healthy versions of it if possible.

For example, eat whole wheat bread and not white bread. Don't stop eating sandwiches because you don't think you can bread.

Try low-cal goodies like 90-cal Fiber One brownies. And low-cal Laughing Cow cheeses are great.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Generally speaking, yes.

The exception to that is fast food, because I can't do most of it because of the fat content. THAT I do have to watch, or my doctor will kick my a**.
  • simpleejenn
    Options
    The ONLY indulgement I find that I can not stop is the coffee with sugar and cream in the morning. But I WAS a 5 cup a day and am down to 3 so that is a plus!
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I use to have a cheat day but then that turned into a cheat weekend. So now I'm doing a cheat MEAL, but still staying within my calorie limit. I'm trying to eat as healthy as I can (keeping in mind I do have a cheat meal) but we'll see how it goes lol
  • lucylAnneMason
    Options
    yeah I eat what I want 90% of the time I try and make sure I eat the odd salad for lunch and some fruit for snacks though, i find if you mix these food and exercise with foods i'm already use to, then i tend to loose weight quicker =)
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Yes though I have noticed that my eating habits have changed - if I have a choice now between crisps or a smoothie I'd rather have the smoothie now.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    Presuming you stay within your caloric needs, do you eat what you want? Do you have occasion fast food? Just curious as I do and it seems to be working. I figure if I still eat what I enjoy, it will make losing weight easier and maintaining it easier.

i eat what i want, yes, but i don't typically want fast food. i have learned to want different things in general.
  • loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    For the most part I eat what I want. I have found measuring food at home has really helped with putting correct size portions in perspective. I usually have chocolate 2-3 times a week. I even have my chips and salsa occasionally.
  • hlindsey06
    hlindsey06 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!! I lost 35 pounds last year and did so by eating what I want, just in moderation. I exercised regularly too; which I think helped tremendously. I just had a baby 13 weeks ago and I have to pretty much drop the weight I lost last year all over again. I gained 55 pounds while pregnant. Unfortunately only about 20 came off right away and now I am stuck right back where I started.

I lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks, so I think I am doing something right!
  • frogmommy
    frogmommy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    It depends what your goal is.

If your goal is just to lose weight, then calories in/calories out should do the trick and you can eat anything you want as long as you routinely stay within your allowance.

If you are looking to enhance athletic performance or enhance your look to the point of cut, visible muscles, then you may want to re-visit the "eat anything within your allowance" thought. Great abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym. A 90/10 ratio should do the trick.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do :) I mostly watch my portions more than eliminate food I love. So if I am grilling burgers for the family and friends, I make mine small and figure I'm saving 100 calories or so that way. Or if I have pizza, I have no more than 2 slices and I order a salad as a side. If I go to McDonald's (rare), I either get a grilled chicken salad or just a cheeseburger and small fry. The one thing I really don't eat anymore is nice bread. I love a good baguette but I can eat the whole thing with butter by myself:noway:
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I eat heatlhy foods to hit my caloric need and my macros, but I do eat junk food sometimes, like last night I had chinese takeout. I guess the real reason that detracts me from eating too much fast food is the sodium levels and fat content, but I will eat it from time to time. I have to take into consideration that cutting out fast food is not a realistic long term thing for me. That's how I approach everything I eat.
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    The only change I have done with my food is the calorie intake
  • mommy1126
    mommy1126 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I still eat what I want. If I didn't my change wouldn't stick at all. For me, the key has been learning to make better choices from the things that I enjoy, and control my portions.
  • zora182
    zora182 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yes, if it fits my calorie goal and I want it, I eat it.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Within reason, yeah I do. I try to make healthy choices (like getting my burgers protein style instead of eating the bun too). I find that if I get too militant on myself I freak out and over indulge which makes me feel like crap.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I do. But I've found that things I want have changed now.

^^This.

I don't feel good after eating pizza, anymore. In fact, I'm lactose intolerant, and when I was heavier, I would just accept the stomach pain. Now, since I have been without cheese for the last three months, I can't eat those foods, anymore. I had two slices of pizza the other week and thirty minutes later my stomach rejected the cheese and I threw it up (no, I do not have an eating disorder).

Fast food/bad food doesn't make me feel good anymore. So I guess I'll be the only person to post so far to say no-- I eat none of the same foods I used to. No french fries, no pizza, no burgers. And I am totally fine. I don't miss them or feel deprived. There are a few foods (mashed potatoes, for example) that I don't eat now that I wish I could-- and I will be happy to enjoy them once I meet my goal. But for me, discipline works best. If I slide back into eating my old foods, I know I will slip back into an unhealthy life. Instead of the nuggets and Chik fil A, I get the Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich. Instead of white bread, I eat wheat bread. It's become a norm for me, know, and I don't want to go back. But I don't necessarily deprive myself, either-- I enjoy the foods I eat and think they are delicious!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Not anymore. Eating all the things I loved, got me where I am today. I am happy for people who can still eat fast food, but I know myself too well. Plus, I have a long way to go and I'm just 3 months in. Maybe when I have more confidence in my self to stay under calories. For now though, in not eating like I did before, I am adjusting to new veggies, fruits, things that I should have been eating all along! I don't crave sugar anymore. I drink a lot of water. It seems to be working. :happy:
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Yes, most of the time I want the "right" foods. Of course sometimes I crave the "wrong" things. I just try to balance with 80% good foods. And 20% or less the "less nutritious" ones.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!