Do you still eat what you want?

Options

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i can't do moderation. maybe ONE bite, but other than that, i would eat and eat and not stop.

i just avoid carbs and it works for me.
  • Miribg
    Miribg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I do but not everyday. I think everything in moderation is good. Dropped soda from EVERYDAY (three cans a day) to one every two weeks.
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    It depends on what your goals are. If you just want to lose weight then just reducing calories might work. However, if you want to get healthy,lean and toned, then the quality of the food that you are consuming play a big role. I would say 90/10 is ideal to achieve this.
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    i eat healhy 80% of the time. i think thats the best way to do it. your body needs the nutrients from healthy foods. you have more energy better nails skin hair ect.... its okay to have treats but i think it needs to be a health thing, not just a number on the scale thing

Me too
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I have given up a LOT of things on my quest to eat as clean as I can. However, I do have whatever I want in moderation. Not every day, or even every week. I have an "unclean" meal every other day or so. It helps me get back on track and actually makes me crave health foods after eating junk. I don't drink anymore though, for health and personal reasons.

I'm just super wary with sugar, because I know I worked hard to quit my addiction to it so that's something I tend not to spend my junk meals on.

The best of luck to you!
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want but I make better choices. Like, if I want pizza, I get thin crust with healthier toppings and I don't eat the whole thing. I read nutrition labels and buy Skinny Cow candy instead of snickers and M&M's. I buy Mini flavored rice cakes instead of chips. Frozen yogurt instead of ice cream....

I don't eat much fast food anymore, I can't stand the grease. If I have no choice, like travelling and need something quick, then yes but even then I go for grilled instead of fried if possible. The last few days I have been craving Taco Johns Potato Oles, once I had them, I was just disgusted by how much grease they had.

So basically, I eat what I want, but I've made adjustments so things fit better in my calories.
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yes, in moderation and sparingly. However, the things I want to eat has changed drastically.
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I really do eat pretty much what I want to, but with that being said, I've drastically changed my eating habits over the past year and no longer want alot of the unhealthy stuff I used to eat. However, I don't deprive myself and never feel like I am on a "diet". I still, after a year of MFP, weigh and measure everything I eat and try to log everything that goes into my mouth. Even after a year, I'm still not comfortable with guessing and I logging my food helps to keep me within my calorie goal.
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Yup-but in moderation. Just try to make sure I don't go nuts on the calories.
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    YES, for sure without a doubt! That is the only way this is going to work as a lifestyle change for the rest of my life!
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Yes. Yes I do.

I have been subject to verbal abuse from ex-contacts on here for doing so. But does that mean I stop what I'm doing? No. I eat whatever the hell I want. But what I HAVE changed is COUNTING and MODERATION.
    Say it's the end of the day, and I've counted my calories and I want something yummy after dinner. I have 250 cals left. Not enough for a portion of cake, but enough for a hot chocolate or some of my homemade ice cream. I make allowances. If I don't, I go crazy.

I've lost 22kgs/49lbs by doing this, and it's worked so well so far.
  • sckayce09
    sckayce09 Posts: 9
    Options
    I do. I had pizza and a milkshake yesterday. The pizza was on wheat crust. I was still under my calorie intake and still managed to lose my daily half pound!
  • IHeartNewMe
    IHeartNewMe Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I weighed around 300 lbs. for so long, that I am afraid to go back to eating fast food, chips, pizza, breads, rice, pasta, french fries, etc... After losing 123 lbs. and knowing that eating low carb has worked for me to lose that weight (and will help me lose the rest of my weight and maintain my weight for life) it is very hard for me to give in to eat any of those types of foods. I do struggle with limiting the almonds, low carb ice cream and sugar free chocolate, though. That will be my "cheat" when I absolutely have to eat something I probably shouldn't. But all those other foods that I previously mentioned are unhealthy and detrimental to my diet. Plus, you can always find a way to make those kinds of foods healthy. That's just me, though. I was a walking heart attack and/or stroke waiting to happen for many years. This way of eating reversed my diabetes and high blood pressure. The way I look at it, all of that (weight loss and good health and feeling great) tastes better than any food ever will.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I try to make smarter choices and not go overboard, but I haven't cut out any food or food group completely. That just seems like an awesome way for me to fail at this lifestyle change.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Yes, however, I've discovered so many great-tasting healthy foods that "what I want" has naturally changed. I still eat the occasional really unhealthy food in moderation and within my budget, but the reward of eating something tasty is a few minutes of a nice flavor in my mouth. The reward of eating something healthy is feeling good all. day. long.
  • cryan1980
    cryan1980 Posts: 37
    Options
    two summers ago i decided that I was too heavy... I ate strict clean, stopped drinking and lost weight... guess what, I went on Vacation at the end of the summer and it was all over... Stopped logging (I was using a different site then) and here I am two years later trying to lose again. I am not making the mistake again.

Portion size, Eating clean 80% of the time and and enjoying real food.... for me that is the best plan.
  • shannypoo21
    shannypoo21 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Yup, just in moderation. However I'm doing a clean eating challenge so lately I haven't been eating any of the stuff that folks consider 'junk' or 'unclean'/
  • msrat1
    msrat1 Posts: 43
    Options
    I do, I now just monitor the fat intake, limit the fried items and include vegetables. I also try not to eat fast foods for dinner.
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want (in moderation) otherwise I become a complete grouch.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Yep, I eat what I want... but I want different things now. I used to want pizza and chicken nuggets and mac and cheese. Now I crave quinoa and Indian food and other light vegetable foods. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!