Gave up Soda's..Now what?

Options
So, i keep reaching for my diet pepsi. What else, other than the water I am drinking by the gallon, would you suggest I drink??

Replies

• saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Great job giving up pop.

I haven't had a pop in over 1 month, almost 2 now. I don't miss it at all.

I flavor water with lemon juice, Trader joe Fast Flavor sticks and Mio.
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Do you like tea?

I drink iced tea when I want something with a little more flavor. I try to stay away from artificial sweeteners, but a little stevia or honey usually gives me some sweetness when I want it.
  • irisb6220
    irisb6220 Posts: 9
    Options
    You can make your own tea and sweeten it with natural sweetners like blue agave nectar. I use this for my coffee and don't miss the sugar at all. Good luck to you!
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Water water water!
  • catweimer
    catweimer Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    peppermint tea got me through my coffee & diet coke addiction ....
  • GZero81
    GZero81 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like unsweet tea. It's an acquired taste, especially if you're used to sweet drinks, but if you give it a chance you may like it. When I'm craving something sweet in a drink, I grab a glaceau vitamin water zero. It's sweetened with stevia, so I don't feel guilty downing some artificial junk.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    First, congratulations. Your body will be lighter and your wallet will be heavier for it!

Second, as to water flavor- most people get used to it after a surprisingly short time. If you don't, try getting some lemon or line juice and squeezing a little in, or something else without any sweetener that will flavor it up a bit. I'd avoid the sweeteners only because you've just put the effort into giving them up, no sense replacing one with another.

Cinnamon gum or another strongly-flavored gum can also help - it adds continuous flavor for VERY few calories. But constantly tasting sweet can make craving control harder, so be aware of that.
  • sjflowers
    sjflowers Posts: 148
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I will try several of these.. Today I took some of my husband's Moroccan Mint Tea. I steeped it in hot water then poured it into a glass of ice.. mmmm...

I do miss the bubbly though.
  • Ironlioness40
    Ironlioness40 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Lemon Water ?
  • southernsweetie1978
    southernsweetie1978 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Green tea!
  • soygurl
    soygurl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I will try several of these.. Today I took some of my husband's Moroccan Mint Tea. I steeped it in hot water then poured it into a glass of ice.. mmmm...

Try sparkling mineral water! My favorite brand is Crystal Geyser, but there are a ton of different brands you can try. Just make sure they aren't sweetened. I like the ones that are flavored with fruit "essence" rather than juice or something. Mineral water has a different flavor than regular water (I like it, but some people don't), and the fruit essence gives it just a little extra punch. :smile:
  • stonerdude
    stonerdude Posts: 103
    Options
    Vodka!
  • Erika1962
    Erika1962 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Great job on giving up the soda! I myself was a diet pepsi addict for many many years, drank around a gallon of that stuff every day! Now I don't drink any soda at all, just plain water, or with some freshly squeezed lemon juice and stevia, or some homemade iceteas!
  • rmil102
    rmil102 Posts: 11
    Options
    Why are diet sodas so bad? They have very few calories? Can someone educate me please?
  • sjflowers
    sjflowers Posts: 148
    Options
    I just wanted to try to get away from the caffeine. I drank A LOT of Diet Pepsi each day.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i drink crystal light and pepsi max.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend MarketSpice Cinnamon Orange tea. Excellent stuff!!! I can't get enough of it. Also, as someone else suggested already... mint tea. Coffee, sparkling water with lime & other fruit juices as well.
  • soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    Options
    try aquafina vitamin waters (10 calorie ones), they are so gooood!
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options

I have that tea in my desk at work, its a delight :):)

there are several brands of sparkling flavored waters that are really good, Target's is... well I can't remember right now... maybe La Criox? anyway its in cans and can be found by their bottled waters in cases like pop cases, they're lightly flavored and zero calorie, no artificial sweeteners (a must for me as I'm sensitive to aspartame!!) and very good for bubbly cravings. Also good mixed with a shot of rum and a splash of juice :drinker:

I go through phases of what I drink, rotating between water water all the time to sobe (they have AWESOME newer flavors and a lot are zero calorie and sweetened with stevia & erithrytol) the sparkling waters, seltzer waters, hot tea & coffee (which I also rotate between unsweetenend and full of cream & stevia depending on my mood)

I also keep a box of Crystal Light's new Pure drink packets around, they are sweetened with sugar & stevia and have no artificial colors or flavors and only about 30 calories for the full packet, I only use about half a packet in a full bottle of water. these also taste great with a shot of rum... in case you were wondering... :drinker:
  • alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Water. I must be one of the few but room temperature water is my favorite.