54 Pounds lost with pics!!

Options
Rebroland
Rebroland Posts: 92 Member
Hey everyone! I'm not nearly done my journey - but I've been a little stressed about weight loss lately. I'm getting married on Sept 2nd and I'm REALLY hoping to wear a bikini on my honeymoon in Jamaica (as well as look great in my dress). So I thought I would stop and celebrate how far I've come so far!

This first picture is me in Aug 2009. I have no idea what I weighed - but I'd imagine around 210 or so. (I'm on the far right)

photo10.jpg

This picture is taken in Sept 2010. This picture is what caused me to originally start my weight loss journey. I was disgusted when I looked at it. I was 223.4 lbs here

photo1.png

So - this is when I started losing weight. In April 2011 I was 193 lbs. We went on vacation to Punta Cana and when I got back - I started gaining more weight. I got engaged in July and that's when I really started to buckle down again. I was back up at 210 lbs :(

This was me in April after I finished my first 5k race. I weigh about 175. (I'm on the right in both of these next two pictures)

photo9.jpg

photo8.jpg

This was me at my FIRST 5 mile race last Sunday - 169 lbs.

photo11.jpg

Again at the race (I'm on the right)

photo14.jpg

Here's a picture of my face - new hair color :) still 169 lbs. (Same shirt - different day I SWEAR lol)

photo12.jpg

And here is the bikini that I'm hoping to wear in Jamaica in a little over two months. Please be kind - I know that I don't look great in it. Hopefully with more strength training I will look decent. Oh and don't mind my crazy eyes in this picture. I noticed that you could see my face and that I should smile haha

photo13.jpg

I haven't worn a bikini in about 10 years (since I was a freshman in high school!!). I'm really hoping that I can pull this off as it's always been my dream. My most common exercise is running.. yes I know that's more cardio related - but it actually gets me out there to do exercise. I love races! I just did a 5 miler last Sunday and I have a 10k race I've signed up for on July 4th. I am doing the 60 mile breast cancer walk and July. I have the warrior dash the weekend I get back from our honeymoon and I'm hoping to complete a half marathon in the fall. I also design my own strength training circuits that I do either at the gym or home.

I'm mad at myself - because if I just kept going I would more than likely be at my goal - but I keep telling myself to not think like that and be proud that I am doing it NOW. I can't believe how far that I have come and cannot wait to reach all of my goals!!

This is my first time posting pictures! Hope it works!

Replies

• Tachyonic
    Tachyonic Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Fantastic :) You look great! Congratulations!
  • Rebroland
    Options
    Thank you!
  • cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    looking great girl!! bikinis are tricky for everyone. if you're feeling it on vacation you should totally wear it!! :) have fun and congrats!
  • primrosehill
    primrosehill Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I think you look absollutely beautiful and you should be extremely proud of yourself. xx
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    You're doing fantastic! How tall are you?
  • monyango
    monyango Posts: 166
    Options
    Good job! Keep up the great work.
  • Rebroland
    Options
    I think you look absollutely beautiful and you should be extremely proud of yourself. xx

aww thank you!! :)
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weightloss!! You have done a wonderful job.
  • Rebroland
    Options
    You're doing fantastic! How tall are you?

between 5'2 and 5'3 depending on who measures me. haha. I'm a short one!
  • gottaloseita3
    gottaloseita3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK GREAT! JUST KEEP THINKING POSITIVE. YOU HAVE LOST SO MUCH ALREADY. BE PROUD OF YOURSELF!
    YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
  • mommamorris
    mommamorris Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! congrats on ur engagement and soon to be wedding date!
  • Smilez22
    Smilez22 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!!
  • kungfuflyer
    kungfuflyer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great job! Good to see you smiling and enjoying life. Adopting a healthy lifestyle will definitely make you smile more.
  • HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! You are doin it! Congratulations on your success! Keep goin and don't stop believin!!!!! =)

You look amazing! You have nothing to be ashamed of hun!
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are an inspiration, as the weight you've lost is around the amount I need to lose! Well done and keep it up! You'll look amazing in your bikini and dress come your wedding day (not that you don't already)!

x
  • calamity_j
    Options
    Hi There! You are an Inspiration to me!!! I love that bikini btw!!! I am new to this site and am overwhelmed with trying to find the right info I need. I was on the Ideal protein diet(10weeks), but came off and am scrambling to stay in ketosis. I started last January(2010) at 225, and am now 185 this morning...whoohoo! Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!
  • CourtneyHollinger
    CourtneyHollinger Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Keep up the awesome work!!!! Running does a lot for our bodies!!! Be VERY proud of yourself! You look so happy!
  • jlanderson01
    jlanderson01 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great job!! If you feel good enough to wear the bikini do it, if you don't you look great anyways!! You should be proud, that is one hard journey you've been on!!
  • miller1208
    miller1208 Posts: 25
    Options
    Great job! Don't worry about starving or exercising yourself to death for your wedding. He's not marrying the number on the scale. He will see the woman he fell in love with walk down the aisle to become his partner in life and that's all that matters. Keep doing what you're doing and don't forget to engage your core everywhere you go and with every exercise you do. It will help you firm up for bikini time.
  • raindance_maggie
    Options
    awww, youre awesome!!!!! good work!!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!