Overnight Oats...why didn't I do this sooner?!

Options

Replies

• Karen5732
    Karen5732 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump !!
  • StephanieEmpson
    Options
    Raspberry Vanilla Refrigerator Oatmeal (Found on Pintrest)
    Ingredients
    • 1/4 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
    • 1/3 cup skim milk
    • 1/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
    • 1-1/2 teaspoons dried chia seeds
    • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 1 tablespoon raspberry jam, preserves, or spread
    • 1/4 to 1/3 cup raspberries (cut each berry in half), or enough to fill jar

Directions
    In a half pint (1 cup) jar, add oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, and raspberry jam. Put lid on jar and shake until well combined. Remove lid, add raspberries and stir until mixed throughout. Return lid to jar and refrigerate overnight or as long as 2-3 days. Eat chilled.
    Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 6 points

For Carb watchers like me this equals 29 carbs.

They also have a oatmeal smoothie!!
  • skullik
    skullik Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • citygirl4ever
    citygirl4ever Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    bump! will need to try it.
  • MOMMAHOWE
    MOMMAHOWE Posts: 21
    Options
    Sounds good! I am a fan of oatmeal so this will be something good to try!!! Thanks for sharing!
  • mecagney
    mecagney Posts: 21
    Options
    I love these!! I've made so many combos of these it would be too much to list. Some of my favorites are (using base of oats Greek yogurt and milk , I like almond milk). Peaches and blueberries w/vanilla and agave, love banana and you name it blueberries,strawberries, raspberries, peaches, nuts, peanut butter the list could keep going. Anyway I usually put a little applesauce(seems to take the bitter from yogurt.). I found 1 mason jar really keeps me full for a ong time. Would love to hear if anyone has done a savory version?
  • aspen_matthews
    Options
    Has anyone tried adding these ingredients to a protein shake? Just curious if not I will be the test subject???

I love putting oats into my protein shakes, it adds a great flavor and makes it really filling. I just put it in dry.
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • leelees10
    leelees10 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hrl1993
    Hrl1993 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I love these!! I've made so many combos of these it would be too much to list. Some of my favorites are (using base of oats Greek yogurt and milk , I like almond milk). Peaches and blueberries w/vanilla and agave, love banana and you name it blueberries,strawberries, raspberries, peaches, nuts, peanut butter the list could keep going. Anyway I usually put a little applesauce(seems to take the bitter from yogurt.). I found 1 mason jar really keeps me full for a ong time. Would love to hear if anyone has done a savory version?

Peaches in it sounds soooo good! Unfortunately I'm allergic to raw ones :( Maybe I'll try canned....
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    yummo going to try this soon thanks
  • Dangerdede22
    Dangerdede22 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    These sound so good, can't wait to try them!
  • econnaola
    econnaola Posts: 12
    Options
    bump
  • bstevens02
    bstevens02 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump These sound really good
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of this before but now that I have OMG I'm so tempted to do this tonight and try it tomorrow morning!!

And I've just found this website: http://www.katheats.com/favorite-foods/overnightoats :smile:
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it before now. Sounds great. I'll try several over the next week or so! :drinker:
  • dg2kids
    dg2kids Posts: 10
    Options
    Always looking for ways to speed up my morning routine...and these sound so yummy. Thanks!
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Marking for later
  • beedrty
    beedrty Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Pauline3290
    Options
    BUMP