What's the deal with guys?

Options

Replies

• PShep17
    PShep17 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    They are all knobs. End of discussion!

did you get a t-shirt when you visited BItter Town? hahaha jk

No but maybe that would have helped a bit!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Cheaters come in both versions....men and women. It's not gender exclusive.
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Before this thread degenerates into a bitter, angry flame war, I'd just like to say that my dog eats his poop sometimes.
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I am sorry guys I didn't mean to cause such an uproar I know men and women are just as guilty of this as ever of doing this. And I apologize if it hurt anyone's feelings or caused such an outrage. So please don't get mad at me I am just stating my opinion.
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Before this thread degenerates into a bitter, angry flame war, I'd just like to say that my dog eats his poop sometimes.

this seriously made me laugh really hard. Also, I don't get angry much. Opinionated, yes, angry, no.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    um, not all guys are like that. There are good guys out there.

Also, I know way more women with questionable sexual histories than I do men.

I don't hang out with many women IRL for that reason. I don't trust females anymore after so many of them tried to hook up with my boyfriend behind my back. I get it, he's a good looking dude, but they were supposed to be my friends. Dudes don't seem to do that to other dudes. Thats a pretty much female-only phenomenon.

Men don't do that??? Seriously??? Oh yeah they do...I know it for a fact!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

there are no free t-shirts in Bitter Town. Everyone knows you can't be bitter after getting a free t-shirt.
  • LegzyK
    LegzyK Posts: 172 Member
    Options

I have not laughed this hard all day! Thanks...I needed that!
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    We're men. We do what we want when we want to who we want, anytime, anywhere. Why? We're men.

For some reason, this made me start singing the Men In Tights song...
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    um, not all guys are like that. There are good guys out there.

Also, I know way more women with questionable sexual histories than I do men.

I don't hang out with many women IRL for that reason. I don't trust females anymore after so many of them tried to hook up with my boyfriend behind my back. I get it, he's a good looking dude, but they were supposed to be my friends. Dudes don't seem to do that to other dudes. Thats a pretty much female-only phenomenon.

here's the thing... it doesn't matter if you're an innie or an outtie, where you live in the world, what color you are, or how much money you make. we're all human. and part of being human is that at some point, you're gonna screw up and be a MAJOR jerk. it's just how it is. flaw in the genetics of the species or something. guys are not more likely to cheat. girls are not more likely to cheat. who cheats are PEOPLE who are in a jerk phase.

now... it's true that some INDIVIDUALS never get out of said jerk phase, it's not globally true for either sex or any other demographic-base. jerkism is a case-by-case basis.
    Agree with you!
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    LMAO! :flowerforyou: Love it!! Hahahaha! :laugh:
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options

-10. I'm revoking some of your Schrute Bucks.

Good thing I put all my stock in Stanley Nickles.

Wait, what is the exchange rate of Schute Bucks to Stanley Nickles?
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Ok so I am gonna go on a rant, kinda annoyed at a particular guy. He has been messaging me for a while either on my cell phone or on facebook. (not gonna mention names). He asked if he could come down and see me yesterday too see me. I didn't lie to him I had a ton of things that I had to get done for college, so I told him that I couldn't see him today but that maybe when I have spare time we could hang out. Well I come to find out from a friend of mine that he has a girlfriend.

Ok rant time I don't want to be put in the situation to where I am the other woman. Been there, done that, and I have the t-shirt. I did this for a while after I got my divorce from my ex husband and to tell you the truth I don't like being the other woman. It sucks being the other woman cause the guy is only with you when it is convenient to them. I want a guy that wants one woman. I don't like to share my man and I would expect that he would have more respect for me not to put me in this situation.

Why do guys do this??? All opinions are appreciated!!!

They want the best of both worlds! I had a man try to do something similar. We actually were "talking" prior to him starting a relationship with his current girlfriend. However, I didn't want to be with him at the current time because we were in different stages of our lives . Last year or so he contacted on FB and texted me and say we should get together....blah blah I KNEW he was with someone, but I played coy until one day I asked him what his intentions were, and he said he already had a GF but was looking for a mistress. DOUBLE TAKE..Seriously! I had to tell him off. Don't be the other woman..You deserve so much more than that. They do it because they want options. They may be bored in their current relationship, so they look for something different and new. If he is not willing to leave his GF for you, then he was not meant for you. That is the way I look at it. Don't be the second choice.
  • PShep17
    PShep17 Posts: 221 Member
    Options

there are no free t-shirts in Bitter Town. Everyone knows you can't be bitter after getting a free t-shirt.

Understandable! Can I pick one up as I leave?
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Havent you heard?

"Girls go to Mars to get more candy bars. Boys go to Jupiter to get more Stupidier"
    (I'm kidding guys:flowerforyou:)

Lol I remember singing this is elementary school

But seriously. You don't have to deal with that issue anymore. Sometimes you have to do your research before talking to a guy before you find out stuff later on. This time I'm sure you'll be more aware.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Havent you heard?

"Girls go to Mars to get more candy bars. Boys go to Jupiter to get more Stupidier"
    (I'm kidding guys:flowerforyou:)

Lol I remember singing this is elementary school

But seriously. You don't have to deal with that issue anymore. Sometimes you have to do your research before talking to a guy before you find out stuff later on. This time I'm sure you'll be more aware.

So true! I have no problem googling or checking FB about a guy who I may potentially date for possible GF's or kids they may have out there. You would be surprised how easy it is for people to slip that information. I don't call it stalking; I call it smart. People lie so much these days that it forces you to "check up" on them. This one guy who my friend tried to set me up with had a picture with his wife on FB..Like seriously?
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

-10. I'm revoking some of your Schrute Bucks.

Good thing I put all my stock in Stanley Nickles.

Wait, what is the exchange rate of Schute Bucks to Stanley Nickles?

I just want to know how many Pickles Nickles I get....
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    OP, I'd like to quote your whole OP and fix it from why do all men do this and what's the deal with guys to "why did THIS man do this" and "what's the deal with THIS guy". I'd use bold and stuff and then I'd say, "there. Fixed it for ya!" I'm too lazy to figure that out or to go back to the first page and do that. Instead, I'll tell you what I think.

It's just as fair to rant about all guys doing this as for all the rest of us to rant about all women posting stereotyping, disrespectful threads. Do too many men do that and women do the other? Yes. Do all of them? No.

Move on, and try to challenge your thinking patterns. When you graduate from this sort of absolutist, pessimistic way of viewing the world, I think your mood will improve and your ability to relate with others will improve. We sort of get what we put out there, and we notice only what our filters allow us to see. Question your filters and you'll realize that your life is actually a lot better than you think.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I am so stoked to see so many people pointing out that it's not just a man thing, or a woman thing, it's a human thing.

Thank you everyone.

Finally a thread where I don't feel like I'm the only person who wants to scream about the heteronormativity (YES! I SAID IT AGAIN!) and sexist implications of the original post.

(also, duly noted the OP admitted that's not what she meant).
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: