What's your resting heart rate?

Options

Replies

• SelkieDiver
    SelkieDiver Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    45-50. It used to be over 90! Of course that was when I was 200 lbs, smoked 2 packs a day and was a committed couch potato.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    56 just now. Mid 40's on wake up.
  • ironmanwannabe
    ironmanwannabe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    55 and used to be higher when i was heavy and slug-like. :P
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    High 40's, I think that's too low, I'm going to speak to my doc about it. It's not like I'm an Olympic athlete or anything....

Probably not too low, if you are doing lots of cardio. Mine is in the upper 40's as well. Not a competitive athlete, but I do run quite a bit.
  • MamaKeeks
    MamaKeeks Posts: 234
    Options
    Low 50s... Totally wows my doctor every year at my annual physical!!!
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Mine's 59 down from about 85.
  • mrandolph69
    mrandolph69 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Average is 43. I have measured it as low as 36.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    I actually wore my HRM to work today, just out of curiosity. It's been down around 58 while I sit at my computer, and if I get up to walk around, it bounces up to the 90's, and then settles back down again.
  • usolyfan
    usolyfan Posts: 2
    Options
    66 the other day. I have been working out for two months. Have no idea what it was when I started.
  • ozzy_q
    ozzy_q Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    55-57 at the moment, used to be closer to 70
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    55-60 bpm the last time I checked. However, I am due to check it again soon. From what I understand, my method for checking is rather unscientific, I just look at the HRM just as I am about to set out for a workout and it usually reads 55-60 bpm. You are supposed to check it after sitting still and doing nothing for 5 minutes (which is hard to do with two active kids, lol). I want to check it soon because I really should readjust my HRM so that I am getting more accurate burn measurements. I could also use the number to more accurately calculate TDEE.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    62 and that's down from the high 80's.
    Being fit changes everything.
  • bfeusner
    bfeusner Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    The last couple times I've checked my RHR has been around 100bpm and my BP has been 138/80...One of the big reasons behind my big push to lose weight...I refuse to be put on BP meds!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Was in the 70s, was 57 last week. I am THRILLED!
  • beyg
    beyg Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Low 50's
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    Mine used to hover around the 140s before exercise, then when I would work out I felt dizzy and light headed. My HR was going over 200. I went to my doctor who put me on a beta blocker and now resting it is around 60-85, when I work out it gets around 130. MUCH better.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    When I smoked 2 packs a day, it was 68 bpm and blood pressure 120/80. Now, a year after quitting and losing 76 lbs, it's 52 bpm and the blood pressure is 100/65. I asked the doc if I was even clinically alive, lol.
  • AllyBooMommyof2
    Options
    55-60 now :), a few months ago it was over 100.. BP went from 180/110's to 120/80 much much better.
  • AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    My is around about 60
  • Monkee_Magic
    Monkee_Magic Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    HR low 50s now, can dip into high40s on waking up sometime if I haven't had a scary nightmare!