Replies

• GarthBear
    GarthBear Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • adfabus
    adfabus Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to make a new page for this recipe cause it is awsome possom, and also be a page flipper ;)
    Cool!! I was not sure if we needed to re-post the recipe or not....
    I found this recipe online at http://www.pbs.org/food/fresh-tastes/microwave-chocolate-cake/ but modified it to be sugar free for me (and it is flourless). I combined the two serving recipe to make a wopping one serving chocolate cake that is only 92 calories! I am posting the recipe below. You can do a search under food and enter 20 second mug cake and get the full nutritional information.
    • 1 egg – beaten- 70 calories
    • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract- 6 calories
    • 1 tbsp. Fat free milk- 6 calories
    • 1 tbsp. cocoa powder- 10 calories
    • 2 tablespoons sugar free Splenda- 0 calories
    • 1/4 tsp. baking powder- 0 calories
    1. Add the Splenda and cocoa powder to a small bowl. Add the fat free milk, egg and vanilla and whisk until there are no lumps. Sprinkle the baking powder on top and quickly mix together.
    2. Split the batter between the two mugs and firmly tap the mugs on a towel-lined countertop to release any large air bubbles. Microwave one cake at a time.
    3. Since you don’t want to start and stop the microwave a bunch of times, set it for about 40 seconds, and closely watch the cake. It’s done when the cake rises about half-way up to sides of the mug (about 20 seconds in a 1000 watt microwave). The difference between a tender fluffy cake draped in velvety chocolate sauce and a chewy hockey puck is a few seconds, so you'll need to experiment to see what works best for your microwave.
    You can also spread with peanut butter (1 tbsp.) for only 80 calories more. I added some expresso powder (1/4 tsp.) to mine and it was yummy!!!
  • RonKay
    RonKay Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • milli51
    milli51 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump will try this for sure
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I have made this twice now and it was delightful both times. the 2nd time, i added 1/2 scoop of chocolate protien powder, the texture wasn't as good, but it still tasted great.

as a note. i had to cook them for like a minute, not 20 seconds, maybe i have a wimpy microwave.
  • Bee_B
    Bee_B Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Bump! :)
  • CML078
    CML078 Posts: 7
    Options
    Bump
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    bump :love:
  • mellybelly08
    Options
    Bump!
  • mulvanc
    mulvanc Posts: 7
    Options
    bump
  • lulu_1
    lulu_1 Posts: 100
    Options
    I just wanted to make a new page for this recipe cause it is awsome possom, and also be a page flipper ;)
    Cool!! I was not sure if we needed to re-post the recipe or not....
    I found this recipe online at http://www.pbs.org/food/fresh-tastes/microwave-chocolate-cake/ but modified it to be sugar free for me (and it is flourless). I combined the two serving recipe to make a wopping one serving chocolate cake that is only 92 calories! I am posting the recipe below. You can do a search under food and enter 20 second mug cake and get the full nutritional information.
    • 1 egg – beaten- 70 calories
    • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract- 6 calories
    • 1 tbsp. Fat free milk- 6 calories
    • 1 tbsp. cocoa powder- 10 calories
    • 2 tablespoons sugar free Splenda- 0 calories
    • 1/4 tsp. baking powder- 0 calories
    1. Add the Splenda and cocoa powder to a small bowl. Add the fat free milk, egg and vanilla and whisk until there are no lumps. Sprinkle the baking powder on top and quickly mix together.
    2. Split the batter between the two mugs and firmly tap the mugs on a towel-lined countertop to release any large air bubbles. Microwave one cake at a time.
    3. Since you don’t want to start and stop the microwave a bunch of times, set it for about 40 seconds, and closely watch the cake. It’s done when the cake rises about half-way up to sides of the mug (about 20 seconds in a 1000 watt microwave). The difference between a tender fluffy cake draped in velvety chocolate sauce and a chewy hockey puck is a few seconds, so you'll need to experiment to see what works best for your microwave.
    You can also spread with peanut butter (1 tbsp.) for only 80 calories more. I added some expresso powder (1/4 tsp.) to mine and it was yummy!!!

I am going to re-post the original post:

Edit- Just realized that you did it already. Oops, thanks.
  • GarthBear
    GarthBear Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • cottagegal1
    cottagegal1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • kimmieyr1
    kimmieyr1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Yum! Bump.
  • mcrowder109
    mcrowder109 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Carfree24
    Carfree24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jubeesh
    jubeesh Posts: 156
    Options
    sounds yummy. I will definitely be trying this!
  • scrapbooknut1947
    scrapbooknut1947 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Bambi0ne
    Bambi0ne Posts: 16
    Options
    This sounds great and full of protein, thanks!!