I JUST HAVE TO TELL SOMEONE...I AM DOING IT

Options
3ofmine
3ofmine Posts: 136 Member
In April when I started my change I started walking to my mailbox and back. Now let me tell you my mailbox is about MAYBE 100ft from my porch steps. I would walk out there and back about 10x's a day because it EXHAUSTED ME. I am telling you just doing that I almost needed to use my inhaler but it wasn't an asthema attack it was because I was SO out of shape. My face would be red and I would feel almost light headed. When I could walk out there and back easily I started walking to the lake across the road and up some maybe 1/4 of a mile. I would get there and have to sit down panting like a dog. When I could get down there easily I started turning and coming back. Today...I WALKED/RAN 3 MILES CONSECUTIVELY...without stopping, breathing hard but not panting and not sucking wind. I am so proud of myself and shocked at the change that this has made in me in such a short amount of time. Last school year I missed going on field trips with my kids at school because I couldn't walk around at the zoo and look after kids. I didn't go eat with them because I didn't want to eat in front of all their friends/teachers. I didn't volunteer because I was so ashamed of myself and knew that I couldn't get around without having to "rest" every 30ft. This school year I WILL BE on those trips and I will go to that school and eat lunch with my kids and I'm SO STINKING GLAD I did this...when I started out I told myself "your crazy..you can't do this." "you might as well just give up" now...today...I WILL DO THIS..I AM DOING THIS and I WILL BEAT THIS. I CAN DO IT. Thank you Jesus!

Angel :)
PS. I don't mean to offend anyone but I honestly believe that God gave me the strength because some of those days when I started out I know he kept me going.

Replies

• theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Amen!

Thank you for sharing your story! This is what MFP is for me too...a renewed life. I'm so happy for you!
  • mcn79
    mcn79 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You are doing an amazing job! You absolutely SHOULD be proud of yourself. You've already made such great progress. This is my first week of MFP and I hope that I see the same changes in a few months that you are seeing! Keep it up.
  • rubyduby123
    Options
    What a beautiful story! You can do it and you did it! More strength to you:)
  • feverinside
    feverinside Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Keep it up! I can't wait to be able to share encouragement with others as you have!
  • lilorphann
    lilorphann Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Congrats : )
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    that is so amazing. i keep thinking of this journey as something God is helping me get through because there are days where I seriously dont feel I personally have the willpower to get up and workout but by the grace of God it somehow happens 6 days a week for the past 4 weeks now. congrats!
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    I love this story! Congrats on your success so far!!
  • kathyc609
    kathyc609 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    congrats to you!!
    enjoy life!
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    God bless you! What an amazing testimony!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    awesome! I hear ya, I was so out of shape when I 1st started, couldn't walk 1/2 a mile without feeling like I was gonna collapse. You're doing great, before ya know you'll be up to 5 miles :flowerforyou:
  • ibtough
    ibtough Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Awesome job AND the fact that you are prasing HIM on here!
  • lilylight
    lilylight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's an inspirational story - thanks for sharing.
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    that is fantastic! what an inspirational story! :flowerforyou:
  • ctflute
    ctflute Posts: 22
    Options
    I've just decided to step up my exercise and your post is really inspiring. Huge congrats to you. That is a big deal!
  • CourtneyHollinger
    CourtneyHollinger Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Amazing. I am so happy you will and are able to do what you want to do with your kids! You have every right to be there and I am sure they want you there no matter how big or small. Even now my daughter says "It's my mommy!" and I want to run even though everyone knows me bc I work at her preschool but come 2013 if not before then I will be out from behind the corner. She is my sunshine and I love her and she is a very skinny and healthy child but I want people to look and say YES her mommy makes her eat right and so does she. Ok so a few tears later... I am so excited about losing weight bc this is not me either. But we are finding our true selves! Enjoy your life and yes thank God every step of the way!
  • Anola13
    Anola13 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome story! Thank you for sharing. Good for you and keep it up!!!!
  • looopyloops
    looopyloops Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful, thanks for sharing,
  • sarahruizfitnessjourney
    Options
    Amazing story and so inspiring. Thanks for sharing and keep it up you are doing an amazing job. I agree with you that it feels good and helps keep me motivated to tell people about achievements and success.
  • GeneaCindy
    GeneaCindy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Loved reading your story - thanks so much for sharing. Way to go :)