Any Coffee Drinkers?

Options
jdruiz89
jdruiz89 Posts: 42 Member
Let me know what brand and type tastes good. How it is made as well. I do enjoy some of the Starbucks blends but I do like Archer Farms Tierra Del Sol made in a percolator. Starbucks Komodo Dragon is famously known in our family.

Replies

• mikejacobs1958
    Options
    Kenco Rich - premium blend granulated.

3 mugs per day, black and no sugar.

Used to drink 11 cups a day, with milk and 2 sugars, those were my FAT days.

Once in a while I will treat myself to a Starbucks Latte, with milk and sugar, emphasis on Treat.
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I drink folders medium blend. I put 5 tbsp in the pot so its fairly strong and i always put creamer in. Usually vanilla caramel coffeemate or cafe mocha is good also. When i first started i would put in alot of creamer but now its only about 1 tbap per cup.
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Iced and it better be caramel.
  • jdruiz89
    jdruiz89 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I prefer my coffee black. I used to use cream and sugar and I always felt bad after drinking a few cups. Not a guilty feeling but like artificial sugar overload with synthetic failure. However, I was also drinking the moderately cheap end coffees. So I started trying different more expensive blends and so far I enjoy coffee now.

Has anyone tried any Gevalia?
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Folgers Black Silk compares favorably to the gourmet beans my wife buys.
  • cookiefluff
    cookiefluff Posts: 115
    Options
    nescafe original 2/3 mugs a day with 50 or 100ml of semi skimmed milk...religiously. I love my coffee (+sweeteners)
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Starbucks Breakfast Blend, 11 cups daily, black. Awesome!
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I have a Keurig & Newman's Own is my fav
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I drink Maxwell Housemaster blend. I like it medium bold not too dark. I have to have creamer and sweetener usually splenda.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I am an old soul black coffee drinker. Just some Folgers brewed in a plain old coffee machine, medium roast :) best before workout drink, ha !
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I buy whatever coffee is on sale, usually Foldgers or Maxwell House and it has to me medium dark to dark, none of that light flavor crap. I use a insulated metal and plastic coffee press made by Thermos. I put 2 heaping tablespoons of coffee in, then pour in boiling water till full and stir. I add 1 tablespoon of sugar free creamer and 1 packet of sweetener to each mug of coffee.
  • LillysGranny
    LillysGranny Posts: 431
    Options
    You had me at coffee......

I used to drink either Starbuck's house blend or 5 O'Clock french roast until my grinder broke....now I'm drinking Maxwell House Original and Green Mountain Coffee Nantucket Blend in the keurig. I hope I'll have a new grinder soon. I drink my coffee black most of the time and every once in a while I'll splurge and add some cream.

I love, love, love my keurig for those times when I'm only going to have one cup. My son is a coffee snob and even he was impressed.
  • piezoeyjune
    piezoeyjune Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Peets Italian Roast whole beans

Grind them @ home and you have the most perfect cup of coffee ever.

I add a tsp of Coffee Mate Natural Bliss Caramel.

My other addiction is Dunkin Donuts Iced. Black with 1 splenda.

Love coffee!
  • dragomom
    dragomom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    We have 2 coffee makers (his and hers) going in the mornings. My husband drinks folgers classic belnd and I drink Gevalia Irish Creme. With the Gevalia I only use 2 1/2 TBSP per 5 cup pot.
  • amandataylor0819
    Options
    Millstone Breakfast Blend...it was a great day when they finally had it in k-cups! My Keurig is one of the things I would grab in case of a fire! I love it....this morning I have recreated my latest Starbucks addiction and am pretty pleased with myself...Cup of coffee, 2 tbsp of sugar free torani vanilla syrup, dash of milk and 1 splenda over ice! YUMMY
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    At home I drink Dunkin Donuts whole bean ground in my coffee maker just before brewing with one equal. At work, I try to find the least offensive swill they have lol.

Not a huge fan of Starbucks because I tend to find their beans "burnt" tasting.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    French Market!
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    We got the Keurig about a year ago - so I'm still trying so many different kinds! So far, my favorites are Carabou DayBreak and Tully's Italian Roast. Truvia & fat free creamer an absolute must! Speaking of... I think I'll have a cup now!
  • lanzaroteblue
    lanzaroteblue Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    The best coffe I've ever had is Spanish leche lech. A double espresso
    with steamed milk and condenced milk. Not good but I have it about
    once every 2-3 months for a treat. Coffee kick and sugar high in one
    go. It's rocket fuel for me.
    Nicola x:drinker:
  • Welsh_Rarebit
    Welsh_Rarebit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Lavazza beans if I use my Bean to cup coffee machine, or Kenya Peaberry ground for cafettiere. The former makes a good esperesso and black coffee, the latter works well in a Latte or with Coffee Whitener.