I ran my first mile today

Options
I gave my first attempt at jogging today and I ran my first mile today. I did it non stop...time 8:43.2...mfp has that tagged at running 7mph...I guess that's not bad. starting Monday C25K in addition to my 2nd round of P90X. Wish me luck.

Replies

• bubsyh
    bubsyh Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Good luck and WELL DONE!!!:happy:

My tip for running get a good ankle and knee support.
  • classic_1
    classic_1 Posts: 147
    Options
    Thanks...the thing that got me today was the hills...going up hill is not easy...and I'll look into that investment.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • classic_1
    Options
    thank u :D
  • letsgetskinny88
    Options
    well done :)
  • carolinesmiles
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • Minner_Tinner
    Options
    Way to go!! My first mile about killed me. Glad to see you're still here and ready for more!
  • GoJo65
    GoJo65 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Congrats! LOVE this quote & hope it keeps you motivated!
    "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."
    -John Bingham
    John Bingham is an American marathon runner and author, nicknamed "The Penguin", who has achieved widespread recognition for promoting the walking of long-distance race courses to the general public
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    great job!!!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I gave my first attempt at jogging today and I ran my first mile today. I did it non stop...time 8:43.2...mfp has that tagged at running 7mph...I guess that's not bad. starting Monday C25K in addition to my 2nd round of P90X. Wish me luck.

Nice job!
  • classic_1
    Options
    Way to go!! My first mile about killed me. Glad to see you're still here and ready for more!

thanks! yea, I felt pretty good while running it...except for the hills :-/...but right now...my legs are KILLING me hahaha
  • 3ofmine
    3ofmine Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    WOW that is awesome congrats to you...How much weight have you lost?

Angel
  • classic_1
    Options
    Congrats! LOVE this quote & hope it keeps you motivated!
    "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."
    -John Bingham
    John Bingham is an American marathon runner and author, nicknamed "The Penguin", who has achieved widespread recognition for promoting the walking of long-distance race courses to the general public

That is a great quote...I love it.
  • gone54321
    gone54321 Posts: 19
    Options
    Congrats!!! That is a huge start!
  • classic_1
    Options
    WOW that is awesome congrats to you...How much weight have you lost?

Angel

Thanks!...When I started P90X I was 202 lbs...now I'm 179. I posted before and after pics on my page yesterday...I don't think I would've been able to do this w/o P90X. It put me in great shape.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Good job! :smile:
  • classic_1
    Options
    thank you :D
  • peles_fire
    peles_fire Posts: 501
    Options
    That is Awesome with a capital "A!" :flowerforyou:

CONGRATS and keep it up!!
  • classic_1
    Options
    Thanks...i'm actually excited to start my C25K journey on Monday. Today was just a trial run to see if I'd DIE or something hahaha.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    If you can already run a mile in 8:43 then skip the c25k if you want to You don't really need it. Just set out to run 3 miles and slow your pace down some. Run as far as you can and take short walk breaks as needed. Stop when you get to 3 miles. Do that 3 or 4 times a week and I'll bet you will be able to finish the 3 miles without walking within 2 weeks. Slow the pace down. If it feels easy at first then that's about right.