Options
13»

Replies

• Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    How soon before this gets locked??

why would it get locked?

For dangerous levels of utterly, utterly idiotic opinions as offered by you.

Then you can leave... don't let the door hit you on the way out. :happy:
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options

why would it get locked?

Or, I can stick around and pity you. :flowerforyou:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

why would it get locked?
    Not surprising that someone who would post something like this thinks they control who gets to post in it.
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    I think that punishments should fit the crime, and that's what our legal system tries to do. A lot of people do get off the hook, or plea bargains and stuff like that. I do think that sometimes people get off way too easy, and I'm not sure how often the innocent is declared guilty.

While I do sometimes think that people should get more punishment than they do, I know that God is the ultimate judge, knows what people have an have not done. He will get vengeance however He sees fit in this life or the next. So while life is unfair, and it seems like "karma" does not always work, I believe that in the end it really does all work out better in that - God can set the record straight and "punish" more correctly and fairly than we can and also "reward" too. I would not want a police state. :ohwell:

ETA: And if you don't believe this, fine. I haven't demanded that you believe it. I'm just stating my opinion :) I'm adding the disclaimer because sometimes people go nuts when a religious view is presented.
  • caberselli
    caberselli Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Perhaps we should just kill all stupid people. Because, let's face it, they are the only ones who get caught. Just ask my ex-husband. Oh wait, you can't ask him because he mysteriously disappeared 12 years ago.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Perhaps we should just kill all stupid people. Because, let's face it, they are the only ones who get caught. Just ask my ex-husband. Oh wait, you can't ask him because he mysteriously disappeared 12 years ago.

Wow...that really sucks...

And, to everyone being total as5holes....why? You don't have to respond if you don't like what you read...tearing someone down or disrespecting them only makes you look bad, not them.
  • Sockimobi
    Options

Wow...that really sucks...

And, to everyone being total as5holes....why? You don't have to respond if you don't like what you read...tearing someone down or disrespecting them only makes you look bad, not them.

No need to be a hypocrite.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    That's the kind of self-righteousness I expect from the Internet.
    Not surprising that someone who would post something like this thinks they control who gets to post in it.
    It seemed more like a suggestion, as in, if you disagree then you're free to not continue posting or reading, or perhaps to provide thoughtful responses instead of something asinine, such as name calling.

You may disagree with the OP—I know I do—but you don't have to be a *kitten*. (This name calling isn't asinine, as it's warranted and wasn't simply a pejorative in lieu of discourse.)
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    *pokes everyone's eye out*

Now wasn't that fun?
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    You shared your opinion now let me share mine.

That would be a GREAT idea if the judicial system wasn't so screwed up. Before you start talking about an eye for an eye wouldn't you rather know for a fact that these people committed said crimes?

Also how would the laws be for kids, rather than giving them a chance to better themselves we're going to chop off their finger? Makes perfect sense.

And your idea for those who lie is just asinine.

To me it sounds like you need a hug and a better grasp on reality.
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Tell me HOW by killing someone who has killed makes his crime wrong but our punishment justified? IT'S THE SAME THING! KILLING IS WRONG no matter who does it!!! I agree that punishments are not harsh enough but not everyone is guilty...
    I realize you're probably venting after hearing about Sandusky's sentencing and I 100% agree with castration but that's just not how it works. And remember each one of us will be judged one day...
  • Sockimobi
    Options
    That's the kind of self-righteousness I expect from the Internet.
    It seemed more like a suggestion, as in, if you disagree then you're free to not continue posting or reading, or perhaps to provide thoughtful responses instead of something asinine, such as name calling.

You may disagree with the OP—I know I do—but you don't have to be a *kitten*. (This name calling isn't asinine, as it's warranted and wasn't simply a pejorative in lieu of discourse.)

I said her opinion is idiotic.

Rationalise your name calling however you see fit. It's still everything you claim it not to be.

Why is it that you chose this particular comment to take issue with, and not the one in which the OP herself was called an idiot?

Could it be that you didn't like ER's reply to your comment in another thread, so you're taking the up the matter within this one?

As I understood it, the OP isn't here to engage in discourse.
    you never made the debate team did you?

this is not a debate, this is my opinion.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I guess this is why we are all online writing on forums. Because none of us can talk since our tongues are chopped off.

Unless you legitimately have never told a lie before.

"How does the dinner taste?" - your friend asks
    "Disgusting" - you say
    or would you say "It's pretty good" ... you know ... like a normal person would?