30 Day Shred - What do people think?

Options
I'm thinking of starting the 30 day shred, I've heard its really hard work, but what does everyone think?

Is it worth it/does it work? Does anyone have pictures/statistics of before and after the 30ds? :)

Thanks!

Replies

• curiouscurl
    Options
    I'm a beginner as far as fitness goes and the 30ds was a great intro into training and incorporating weights for me. I just started level three and I can really see a difference not only outwardly but in what I am able to do. I've heard that no matter what fitness level 30 DS will kick your butt.
  • bluebuggy1970
    bluebuggy1970 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love the 30 day shred. I am a full time mom, work full time and go to school part-time but I can manage to squeeze in 27 minutes 2 or 3 times a week. She works every body part and is so nice to feel muscle in my arms again.
  • amystyran
    amystyran Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it works! I might give it a go, I'm really bad when it comes to exercise, but maybe this will kick me into shape.

Is there a diet that comes along with it, or do you just do a normal diet and exercise at the same time?
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 10 and I think it's working.
    I've done all levels and the only problem I have with it is the overuse of shoulders and quads throughout the entire series. It's also a bit rough on the joints, so it's definitely not for everyone.
    Other than that, it's mostly enjoyable and tough and I think worth checking out.
  • svelte2012
    svelte2012 Posts: 18
    Options
    I personally hated it but I'm a LOT older than you. I found turbojam tapes to be a lot more fun.
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    I'm on Level 2, day 4. I absolutely LOVE it! Yes, it's bloody hard work, but boy do you feel good after!

Check out the group "JM 30 Day Shred for the month of June". :happy:
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I love the Shred.

I've never actually completed it, always end up getting lazy. But a friend & I started it on Monday & intend to finish it.

It will kick your asssss. [My friend texted me after the 2nd day of doing it & said "Im just eating my dinner standing up because I don't want to try to sit down..."]

There is no diet or anything that comes along with it, it's just 3 levels of the workout
  • Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I loved it, I lost 5lbs and 5.5 inches overall.
  • ChristaFall
    ChristaFall Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It works! You can see my measurements on my page of before and after..
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I love it! I first did it in November/December and had great results. Then I did Ripped in 30 which is also great along with No More Trouble Zones. The video's give you a really good total body workout. You feel it the next day for sure! Good luck and hope you like it!
  • amberlynyeager
    Options
    I have done the 30 day shred in the past, and lost about 17lbs the first time... I just started it again, I'm on day three. I loved it, it was hard at first, but it gets a little easier, but I think it's way worth it! Didn't take before/after pictures last time, but this time I did! So I'll definitely post them after I'm finished with this cycle!
  • amystyran
    amystyran Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You've all persuaded me! Me, my brother and my grandma are gonna give it a go, although it sounds like my grandma won't be able to do much if its as intense as you all say!

Thanks guys :D
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Have done 3 rounds of it and can't say enough good things about JM. :)
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I love it!!! It's a great workout and now part of my regular routine!
  • zammex
    zammex Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love it. but i find after a few times Jillian is staring to get super annoying.
  • chunk1691
    chunk1691 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    ive done it twice, i love it i lost 8 inches, i have before n after pics in my profile if you want to take a look. x
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Endurance wise I seen a huge difference. I didn't lose anything on it though or see any body changes that were noticeable when I just did it alone. When I changed my routine to doing it 3 days a week and Six Pack in Six Weeks I did see a change and I lost 3 pounds that week. This week I change to Ripped in 30 and I personally like it a lot better.
  • bhajrizi11
    bhajrizi11 Posts: 101
    Options
    im on day 1

how are you all logging this?????
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    circuit training, general
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I don't have the motivation for it yet...just discourages me because I can't do it very easily and it bores me, but it depends on the person. I prefer machines with shiny buttons to stare at and I can't even watch movies I've already seen, so you can imagine I am bored watching the same workout more than one time.