Black bean and corn chicken salad

Options
Misslisat
Misslisat Posts: 203 Member
saladpic.jpg

I just made this and it is absolutely DELISH!

2 cans of corn (mixed white & yellow or the Mexican corn)
2 cans of black beans
1 medium red onion
2 large green bell peppers
2-3 avocados
Tomatoes
cilantro
lime juice
olive oil
1 package of Fiesta Ranch dressing

Rinse and drain the corn and beans. Chop & cut up the veggies. Mix all together. Add lime juice to taste. I used quite a bit - maybe 1/4 cup if not a little more. Add about 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix in the ranch dressing.

For added protein, add diced chicken. Serve chilled as a salad or serve on white corn taco shells.

Yumm.. dinner under 500 calories. Enjoy!

Replies

• Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! If you can get fresh corn, that's even better!! Thanks for posting!
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Sounds good I am going to give it a try
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Wow Really Yummy:):) Do you have a picture of it?
  • bimpski
    bimpski Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JoLo27
    JoLo27 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    What's Fiesta Ranch dressing like? I don't think we have that it the UK. What could you use instead?

Thanks - sounds yummy!
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    What's Fiesta Ranch dressing like? I don't think we have that it the UK. What could you use instead?

Thanks - sounds yummy!
    You could probably just season to taste: cumin, chili powder, garlic, salt/pepper, etc.
  • Misslisat
    Options
    Wow Really Yummy:):) Do you have a picture of it?

How do you post pictures within these posts? I can add it to my profile, too.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • Misslisat
    Options
    Bump for later.

I see 'bump' all the time - what does this mean?
  • mightymom2
    mightymom2 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.

I see 'bump' all the time - what does this mean?

its so you can come back to the topic later because it will show in your profile as topics you've posted on, great for when you see recipes you like and can quickly get back to it
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Now this looks absolutely fabulous. . Thank you so much for sharing the recipe! I will have to try it out really soon!:smile:
  • Shawnjay75
    Shawnjay75 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    BUMP:smile:
  • hollyg123
    hollyg123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Oh my! Looks great!
  • missfelicia6
    missfelicia6 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Holy Delicious!! I gotta try this!
  • a9818
    a9818 Posts: 3
    Options
    BUMP! (=
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I can't find black beans in Australia. Maybe they sell them but I haven't found them? Any Australians know?

Edit: I think they are known as black turtle beans.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Bump. :)
  • Saiklor
    Saiklor Posts: 183
    Options
    I do something pretty similar but I strettttttcccchhhh it out with diced celery!
  • paulhood
    Options
    I tried this over the weekend. It was pretty good and that's coming from someone who doesn't like veggies all that much. I didn't add very much avocado (about 1/2 of one) as I really don't like those that much. I would say that if you plan to make this, don't wait until dinner time to do it. It takes a little while to dice everything up. Beware that this recipe makes A LOT. You can half everything and there's still a lot. When I finished mine, I weighed it and it was (the way I made it) about 1800 grams. I figured it at 6 servings that would be 300 grams each and that was about 330 calories per serving. That was also 52g carbs, 8g fat, 13g protein, 14g fiber, and 8g sugar.

You should put all your ingredients you use in "Your Recipes" on MFP. That's a great way to find out all the info.

I tried this cold next to a grilled chicken breast and that was good, and I also fried a breast and just before the breast was done I put a serving in the pan to warm it up and that was fantastic! I think I like it better warm than cold.

Very good recipe!!! Thanks for sharing this.