Women over 50 - I'm back and need friends again...

Options

Replies

• Lisa6206
    Lisa6206 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi all, saw this post and thought I would chime in. I just started MFP about 10 days ago, and could use all the supportive friends I can find. I will be 55 in about a 10 days (not sure how that happened), and I'm a 4 year Lymphoma survivor. I just started easing into a plant based diet for the first time. I love this community and the support we can give to each other! Please add me, and let's help encourage each other through this journey. =0)
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm 51. : )
  • Maggit59
    Maggit59 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    just joined this site a couple of days ago. Am going to be 53 in August and would love to join this group as well.
  • Onespirit62
    Options
    50 here......feel free to add :-)
  • MissMiley
    MissMiley Posts: 49
    Options
    I love adding new 50 & over friends!! We share common interests, obstacles & goals!! Check out my profile & add me if you'd like another friend to share your weight loss journey!! Lots of support & motivation!!

Cynde
  • AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, invite sent
    I am over 50 and always looking for new friends, all are welcome.
    We all have a common goal..... to be healthier and fitter!!
  • happydays2525
    happydays2525 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi! Margaret here, 54 and this is great having so many people on here my age. I have been here for 3.5 months and love it. This is the longest that I have lasted in losing weight. My goal is 50 lbs and I'm almost half way. Please add me as a friend anyone. Welcome newbies!:flowerforyou: :wink:
  • vhansard
    vhansard Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Vanda here. I could use some support as well! No friends as of yet so I also need encouragement! I'm almost 50 and shooting to lose 50 pounds. I've lost 15 so far in the past 6 weeks.
  • MissMiley
    MissMiley Posts: 49
    Options
    Bump
  • Reesecup312
    Reesecup312 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome back! You are doing the right thing by coming back! I am 51 and have lost 40 pounnds in 3 months! Friend me if you like!! Hugs!
  • Kazzap1961
    Options
    I've been doing this since February this year. Have lost 22kgs. Almost at the half way mark. And I turned 50 last year :)
  • Rannybanani
    Rannybanani Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi, I joined mfp 6 weeks ago today. This is my first post. I would also like a group of 50ish friends to travel this journey with.
  • Hanahut
    Hanahut Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this group and would love to be a part of it. Would be glad to be friends with anyone out there. Looking for all the encouragement I can get. I started my journey back in March of this year and have done good so far and want to keep it up. I would love to have friends on here that are on the same journey.
  • pamelaf2
    pamelaf2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also in my 50's and would love to have some friends for motivation and support. I do try to encourage others so far I have lost approx 27lbs, 15 with mfp. Love the success stories I see. Would love to exchange ideas with others. Feel free to add me.
  • Zsanese
    Zsanese Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How about someone over 60. That's me (with over a 100 pounds to lose). Feel free to add me to your friends list.
  • scorpio61
    scorpio61 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi there I'm 50 and new as well Welcome back I don't do many post on here in fact I only put one on here to introduce myself and beside this post I have only replied to one other It would be nice to have some friends on here besides my fb friends lol I'm still learning how to use mfp So to the ones who have sent me a friend request I wasn't brushing you off I just didn't know and learning the ropes here Have a wonderful day:)
  • sdac
    sdac Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi there. I am 53. Trying to lose weight has been a constant struggle. Namely because I have had several set backs. I had my first and only child at 39. Then started menopause 3-4 years later. Then had to have a hysterectomy laproscopically but I after healing, I got lazy with exercising. I played tennis for a while, but during the first years tournaments, I tore a ligment in my left knee-no surgery, required but I couldn't exercise anymore. That healed after about a year. Then a year later, I tore my meniscus in the other knee which did require surgery which I got about 9 months later. As of now, I walk still with a limp because I still hurt and feel like I could fall any moment if not careful. After going to all the required rehab and getting no relief, it has been discovered that I now have osteoartheritis in both knees and have gone through the last series of Supartz injections. I have been told that I will not ever be back to normal, but if it works like its supposed to I will find relief and support which up until the injections, I have not had any relief or support when I walk. So I said all this to say, I have gain about 50-60 pounds over 14 years. (son is 14 now). My husband has said he not sexually attracted to me because of my weight gain. I have started going to the gym, doing water aerobics, some other low impact type of cardio exercises and now I am trying to count calories using this website. I suffer sometimes with I think hormonal related mood swings which of course seems to affect my desire to exercise. So ladies out there I would be ever so happy to support you and encourage you because I need the same thing. Good luck to you all.
  • chellie47
    chellie47 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    49 :) .. and I am also new~ I haven't added anyone yet so please feel free to add me~!
  • Twiggy1day
    Options
    Hi I'm just starting out I've lost and gained weight more times than I care to remember...but THIS time! I have tried MFP over the last couple of weeks but kept failing I strongly believe I need a bit of support please add me! x....
  • MLV1951
    MLV1951 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello.....I'll be 62 in Feb and just joined today. Did loose 22 lbs on another diet but have gained 2 lbs back and wanted to try something else. I was referred to this site and from what I've read it's exactly what I need. I'll get back to walking tomorrow and I know that will help. I'd love to have some friends to help motivate and be motivated by. :smile: