Personal trainer here to say hi and help you

Options

Replies

• tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    My job causes me to sit most of my work day. Although I have lost weight doing P90X and Turbo Fire my butt muscles are slow to follow. Any suggestion on workouts that will really firm the tush back up? I feel like sitting all day is helping it flatten out.
  • LexyLou_5
    LexyLou_5 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi,

glad to have somene in the know to offer advise
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hi & Welcome!

I track my sugar intake as well (I'm not diabetic) and I tend to have a hard time keeping under the dailly goal. Should I not worry about it since it's technically listed under "carbs"?

I'm also having a hard time keeping my fat under goal. Any recommendations? My current goal is to get to 20% bf. I'm currently at 22.95%. What do you think my macro's should be for here?

Thanks in advance!
    Sheila :flowerforyou:
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Hello! 7% body fat?? I am super impressed. Wow, is all I can say :smile:
  • Anjaliguptaa
    Options
    Hi

I am a mother of two...... Both ceasarian sections ( 3yr girl nd 5 mnth boy) and have been operated for umblical hernia as well.......
    Due to c sec my tummy is very much out, nd coz of hernia cannot lift much heavy weight....... Cannot do much diet also coz of breast feeding my child........ Plz help..........
  • z2bn3sec
    z2bn3sec Posts: 8
    Options
    Do you have any suggestions for people (me) that are trying to learn how to run? I signed up for a 5k in November, and would like to start training now. Any advice would be appreciated!! :)
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Thank you for being here!
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    Do you have any suggestions for a new runner (just hit running 30 minutes straight at a slow pace for the 1st time on Friday) in how to shut up the brain? I find that I spend too much time wondering how long I've run, how much longer I have to go, how many times I've gone around the track (when I'm on the track), etc. It makes for a miserable workout but I just can't get my brain to shut up.
  • reegordon
    reegordon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in a low carb eating plan. I've tried it on my own but had a hard time finding the right foods to consume. Any suggestions or programs you would recommend? I'm 5'2" and 123lbs. Thanks for helping all of us!!!
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Hi and thank you for offering everyone help if they want it. Curious about that 3 day low carb and one day high carbs, what's that about and why are you doing it? Nosey! I just started eating low carb, trying to get the belly fat to dissappear doing that. I go to the gym 7 daysa week, cardio, strenght training every other day. Works for me and I love it. Maybe someday I'll have 7% bf. Please, please, please let me know about the carb question, really want to know.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, and thanks for willing to help us with your insight on nutrition and exercise. I'm sure i'll have a question or two for you down the line.
  • debi_f
    debi_f Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Hi! Thank you, a million times over. :)

I do have a question, as well. I have bulging L4/L5 and L5/S1 discs that are compressing peripheral nerves; I did 6 weeks of physical therapy and generally, it's under control. I have started running a couple days a week - I'm averaging about 1/4 mile each time, with 3/4 mile walking, but by the end of it my back is starting to hurt, and usually the next day is pretty sore. What can I do to lessen the impact or make it hurt less, so I can work on building those muscles back up and be able to run without pain?

I'm no expert in any sense of the word, but I am married to a chiropractor, and that's where I would advise you go! Keep up your activity, but go see a chiro about your back pain. While PT's do wonders in a lot of areas, chiros are the real experts in this area.

Also, when you have pain there, use an ice pack (wrapped in a towel, if necessary) on your spine closest to where you have the pain. Keep in on for 10 minutes, then off for 10, on for 10, off... (you get the idea). Ice will help reduce the swelling which will also help with the pain. Do NOT use heat! (That just increases the swelling, and while it may give you a few minutes of relief, it will make the overall problem worse.)

Good luck!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    If you think you can help a 60 year old hippy with blood clots in her legs please friend me.The trainers at
    my gym don't give a _ _ _ _ about us oldies
  • ProjFit
    ProjFit Posts: 143
    Options
    Hi, thanks for being helpful! I'm sure a bunch of us on here will take you up on that.
  • Mixology_87
    Options
    AWESOMEEEEE! you will be getting a million and 2 questions from me sir!
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    bump
  • robinregina
    robinregina Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    thanks for being there, we all need people like you to help assist at times.
  • MicheleTh
    MicheleTh Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    How awesome to offer help in this journey.
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet ya :} welcome to the forums :}
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I have a few quick questions for you, I am trying to lose a lot of weight at the moment but finding exercising difficult as even though I am only 30 I have arthritis in both hips (right is worse) knees, shoulders and wrists so although I can exercise for a time it is diffiuclt when I have a real flair up of pain - what activities would you suggest for me to try? I am in the UK by the way. Thanks ever so much for your help.

I'm currently training someone with arthritis and she has lost 30 lbs. in a month! Be active. Train your muscles with high repetitions and low weight until your joints can handle heavier weight. Try to push yourself past your mental limit without hitting your physical limit. The more muscle, the faster your metabolism. We all want a good metabolism.. =)

30lbs? in a month!?!?!?! come work your magic...