Personal trainer here to say hi and help you

Options

Replies

• lil_bit_crazy
    lil_bit_crazy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Wow! I feel super special now. :D
    Ok I just had an allograft ACL reconstruction may 10. I also have fibromyalgia and non communicating syringomyelia.
    I have 40 pounds to lose to be in the "normal" weight and not overweight for my height.
    What MAIN exercise would you recommend?
    Yes my life is a bowl of cherries! :D
    Welcome to MFP!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Hello nice to meet you too. Welcome to MFP

I'm into this bulk/cut cycle thing right now. Currently I'm at 20-21% body fat & would like to get it down to 17%, although right now I'm really having difficult time. I can definitely see some definition on my body but I like it to look more solid. Although I do have a hint of ab definition but its still not look as hard as I want to.

Anyway please feel free to add me :flowerforyou:

EDIT: I workout 5-6x a week, lift heavy weights 3x a week & currently my calorie goal is 1600 cals/day on a 40-30-30 macro split (I'm 33 years old & 5'2")
  • leslieirving1970
    leslieirving1970 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling you might get a few replys...Maybe you can advise me ? Im quite new to all this...Im currently 206llbs and 5' 3''. im currently calorie counting at 1200 per day and doing a weights and cardio 4 to 5 times per week. Im very unfit but getting there! Ive lost 14 llb since May but ive hit a bit of a wall, Ive changed to 1300 cals and have tried to eat my calories over 6 meals. I dont know if I should be looking at protein shakes , Would they benefit me ? Many thanks!
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am a mother of two...... Both ceasarian sections ( 3yr girl nd 5 mnth boy) and have been operated for umblical hernia as well.......
    Due to c sec my tummy is very much out, nd coz of hernia cannot lift much heavy weight....... Cannot do much diet also coz of breast feeding my child........ Plz help..........

I just wanted to tell you, you absolutely can diet while breastfeeding. I lost 102 lbs while breastfeeding my second (I now have four). You simply need to take in quite a bit of water to make sure you don't get dehydrated and your milk dries up, also make sure you're hitting 30% fat in your diet with healthy fats. Breastmilk is made from water and fat stores on your body. I consistently lost 2lbs per week for 10 months by dieting and exercising and breastfeeding my baby.

As for the tummy, as your hernia heals, I would suggest if you get medically cleared for it, reverse crunches. (Where you lay on your back put one ankle over the other thereby crossing them, and then lift your legs until they're 90º to the floor). I've had four c-sections and my tummy managed to look pretty good after I lost all the weight and did about 4 months of reverse crunches. You need to work those very bottom muscles in your belly to alleviate (most of anyway) what I call the c-section pooch. Mine never went fully away, but in jeans and a t-shirt or a bathing suit, etc, I looked like I had a flat stomach.
  • bwestlund
    bwestlund Posts: 1
    Options
    Thank you for being willing to help others! I am fairly sedentary and though I've lost 56 lbs changing my diet I'm overdue on adding exercise to my routine. Give you please give me some advice on where to start. I am overall in pretty good health though I have some hip pain from arthritis which is controlled on medicine.
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    If you think you can help a 60 year old hippy with blood clots in her legs please friend me.The trainers at
    my gym don't give a _ _ _ _ about us oldies

God, that makes me so sad. I would hope not all trainers are like this.
  • sabermax
    sabermax Posts: 69
    Options
    Hello Brian. I am so confused about the calories that I should be eating. I weigh 219.4, exercise atlest 4 time a week at 50 minutes, Should I eat back my exercise calorie like MFP says. It says to lose 1 pound a week to start I should be eating 1540. My gradma thinks I should be eating more like 1200 to lose weight? Can you help me with this? thanks Julie
  • Penelope2Plyr
    Penelope2Plyr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Very happy you have joined the forums and thanks for your offer of professional help to any and all. I began working out with my own personal trainer (15 yrs exp) 2 months ago, and though I think he is absolutely great, it never hurts to have second opionions on occasion. I am 66 years old, and obese, and because of my body state, he told my daughter he almost did not accept me as a client. I have made him proud though he acts like anyway, and have lost 15 in total in 2 months working out with him 3x weekly. I also attend weight watchers meeting weekly, and try to follow their good healthy guidelines, and have lost 36 lbs. with them. Put the two together, and I feel success is on my way.
  • Foodie711711
    Foodie711711 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    bump....bump.. bump
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Fannyannefeisty
    Options
    Hello, well it seems rude to use the free advise when it is offered.

I wondered what your thoughts are on the recent sugar controversy. Are sugars (sucrose and fructose mainly) worse for you than fat? What would concentrate more on cutting down/out?

A FR is winging its way to you - would love to hear from you on this.

:)
  • MrsRando
    MrsRando Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Hi Brian. I sent you a pm this morning.
  • jhp2007
    jhp2007 Posts: 6
    Options
    I am 32 years old. I run a lot! I am stuck at this 142 pound mark. I have been on the 1200 calorie a day diet for almost 3 months and all I do is keeping losing and gaining the same 5 pounds. I eat right. Not a huge fan of bread or pasta. I do weight/strength training 4 days a week. I have had 3 c-sections. I have 2 upcoming marathons and would actually like to look good while running in spandex. Any suggestions you have would be helpful!
  • LBxLB
    LBxLB Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Hi! and thanks for the offer fyi I will be abusing your services lol :wink: :bigsmile:
  • Marillian
    Marillian Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    My name is Brian Jacobs and I'm a personal trainer with a Bachelor's Degree from the University of Rowan. I'm not new to this site, but I'm new to the forums and never really gave them a chance. I've used this site and the ap on my iPhone to keep track of my meals, being that I take my diet very seriously. I'm currently 5'9'' 168.5 lbs. @ 7% body fat.

Enough about me. I'm here to help any of you if you need it. I enjoy assisting people in their journey to happiness. Fitness is something that shouldn't be taken lightly. I'm here to help end America's health crisis one person at a time. It's my job.

Nice meeting you all.

What was your field of study at Rowan? Although you indicated you had a B.S., you didn't say what your major was. What experience do you have as a personal training? How long have you been a personal trainer? Where are you employed as a personal trainer or are you independent? References?
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome
    And this question if for my husband, he has a couple of things working against him.
    1) He is in CHF and gets tired just standing in the kitchen preping dinner and eventually cooking it. So his exercise is next to nothing. He parks farther out at the grocery store but without a grocery cart to lean on to help him get back out to his truck he would not make it. Any suggestions for him, we belong to the Y but he's yet to use it because he doesn't know what he should do. Treadmill and things like that are impossible for him.
    2) He dislocated his shoulder trying to go fishing and now he can't lift it and it goes numb all the time. The ER set it back in place.

We have no insurance so no way of going to someone to check it out. No medicare for 2 years but is on SSDI.

Any suggestions for him?
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say hi. Also, even as close as 2 yrs ago, I didn't think trainers were necessary. But now that I have tried one, I REALLY like having one around.
    Thank you for offering your services.
  • brianj1988
    brianj1988 Posts: 48
    Options
    Hello everyone and thank you so much for the good welcomes. I'm here to help and here to fight the health crisis this nation is currently going through, so hopefully my time on this site can help. I consider myself a superhero for those hours I'm training throughout the day (just a joke, I don't really) but I definitely don't have the superpowers to answer all your questions on this one forum at once, so please, if you've already asked me a question on here, copy and paste it into my inbox. I've been on here for less than an hour and already have 50 messages that I've answered.

I don't care if that says 1,000. I will answer them all because everyone deserves a trainer and everyone deserves to be healthy. I look forward to hearing from you all and I also look forward to helping you guys. Thanks again so much for all of your warm welcomes. You all truly seem like nice people. =)
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Always up to having more personal trainers as friends! FR sent! :)