I've gained 34lbs since starting here, and am PROUD OF IT.

Options

Replies

• Morgaine_on_the_move
    Morgaine_on_the_move Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story, for reminding me ( and obviously lots of others, too!) that this place is about getting healthy, whatever your version of healthy is.
    I'm glad you figured out what was causing your illness and are doing well now!
  • rrhennen
    rrhennen Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you that you persisted with the doctors! And you're story is a great example that weight management comes from both sides of the spectrum.
  • mi_lady
    mi_lady Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration this morning!
  • Zsanese
    Zsanese Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank God you were able to discover what your illness was and meet the challenge of restoring your body to a healthy state. God Bless you and guide you as you maintain a healthy life style.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!
    We should never, ever take for granted our health.
    Keep Punching!
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing... and if there is anything we can take away from your awesome story is that educating ourselves is the most important aspect of a healthy life...
  • Zvyezda
    Zvyezda Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Great story and great work!
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I am very glad you shared your scary journey with the board. I have heard of celiac disease and work with a few children who have it, but it surprised me to read that in some cases there isn't severe abdominal pain. Sharing your story could help someone else who is having the same problem. Thank you.

I cannot being to imagine how diificult it was to stick with it and work so hard to find a diagnosis and solution for your unexplained weight loss. Your friends weren't very nice to drop you like that, but I imagine they were probably terrified, and sometimes young adults don't always know to stick with a friend when the going gets rough.

Congratulations on becoming healthy again. Your story is truly an inspiration!
  • balancejenn
    balancejenn Posts: 234
    Options
    GREAT post!! Glad your back on the road to health and happiness.
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Awesome testimony! So glad you are doing better! :flowerforyou:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Congrats on working back up!. Paragraphs are your friend though :)

keep up the good work.

I took a quick peek at your profile & seeing as you are a grammatical wunderkind, I was amazed to find five glaring grammar issues on your introduction!

LOL. Love it!!! Well done OP. Must have been a very frightening journey. Very very well done! X
  • anakinlover
    anakinlover Posts: 109
    Options
    You are a an inspiration. It is so easy for people who are on the other end of the spectrum to overlook what a struggle being underweight is for many. I, too, admittedly have said I would love to hear, "You are too skinny!" just ONCE in my life. Thank you for keeping my and other's "woe is me" attitude in check. I am thrilled that you are on the road to recovery and shared your story on here. Fitness and good health is for everyone, no matter where the starting point may be. Continued success to you.:flowerforyou:
  • BeckysWellnessPlan
    Options
    I'm so glad you are okay now! Thanks so much for sharing.
  • Maximumresults
    Options
    fantastic story, thanks for sharing and congratulations, enjoy!:smile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    Geat story, thanks for posting. Food is a great medicine, once we know what works for us. Thankfully you found out what was going wrong and are on the path to a healthy future.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your wonderful progress. Whether we are here to lose or gain, what we have in common is being healthier, and you've succeeded. Congrats again! :flowerforyou:
  • sweetyedie
    sweetyedie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Praise God you have discovered what was killing you and are spared. It reminds us never criticize someone, you have no idea what they might be going through. I'm sure there are tons of people on this site who wish they could give you as many pounds as you want so they could be rid of them including me.. :bigsmile: But being way underweight is just as difficult a problem. We should never take our health for granted. Here's (a prayer) to all of us becoming healthier and May God bless the people who gave us this site.

So glad you shared.:happy:
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this. Stories like these really inspire me to keep pushing on on the days I feel like it's too hard; I'll think of you and all the brave, beautiful people like you and know that I have it in me to overcome anything. :flowerforyou:
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    Very happy for you!!
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    WOW! I actually teared up reading your story. How horrifying it must have been for you, but you pushed on, and after your diagnosis, began doing the right things. Thank you so much for sharing. Congrats to you beautiful!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!