what is your #1 tip for weightloss?

Options
124»

Replies

• gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Log everything and eat your exercise calories!
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Little things add up. There's two parts to that advice, really.

1. Find reasons to move around. Run your errands on foot or by bicycle, park as far away from your destination as possible, take the stairs when you have the option, get off the bus a stop or two early. It's easy to burn an extra 100-200 calories a day just by doing teeny tiny things you wouldn't even consider worth logging.

2. Don't sneak bites. Have a large enough serving to track or don't have any. It IS possible to make food less incriminating - for example, if you are considering sneaking a bite of pie, and a 1/5 pie slice is 210 calories, cut that slice into thirds and have a 1/15 slice of the pie for 70 calories.
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Log your food BEFORE you eat it...

Hmm. I think this might be a good idea for me. I'll try it.
    Thanks.
  • codycisco
    codycisco Posts: 62
    Options
    Weightloss is a lifestyle change, not a diet. The word "diet" means temporary fix to me.
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Look at yourself naked in the mirror. It's good motivation and it will help you see changes that aren't showing up on the scale.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Determination
  • tinydancer4
    tinydancer4 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Log your food BEFORE you eat it - and LEARN to LOVE water!

I agree, that first one definitely helps me a lot (still haven't learnt to love water though!)
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Just keep going. People always see it as, "I don't see the results I want, so I should give up." But that's not the way to think about it. If it doesn't work, try something else. If you try one diet and feel hungry all the time, try a different diet. If you aren't losing weight (after a reasonable amount of time), then do something else. But you know that your old habits didn't work, so don't just go right back there.

So you gain back a few pounds, so what? So you slip up and devour an entire pizza, who cares? If you keep going, then it's never going to matter. The only way you can possibly fail is to stop trying completely.