Have You Ever Quit A Job Without Notice?

Options
Liseii01
Liseii01 Posts: 20 Member
So have you?

Replies

• Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    No. You never know what may happen in the future. Professionally it is not good to burn your bridges.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Only every job ever until this one. They were really crap jobs and I hated them.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    no, fired twice though.
  • missfelicia6
    missfelicia6 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I quit a job in this March without notice.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Only once.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    yes, I have, and now that I am older I regret doing it. I would never do that now.
  • abbezen
    abbezen Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Yes, told the guy he was an *kitten* and I would not let him treat me like ****! And out I walked!

I have never regretted it and would do it again if the situation arose!
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have in the past early in my career but now I would not.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I once worked a telemarketing job for several months after having ankle surgery (I needed a job that didn't require me to stand or walk). It was horrible (seriously people, be nice to telemarketers). One day, I was sitting there and just started crying because I hated the job that much. So at the end of my shift, I hobbled over to the manager on my crutches and said, "Well, I put in my two weeks' notice two weeks ago, so thanks for everything and I'll see you around sometime!" They weren't the most on-the-ball people and completely bought it.
  • niciemetts
    niciemetts Posts: 49
    Options
    yes walmart lol
  • mhardest
    mhardest Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Working in the HR field I find it extremely rude but lots of people do it. The worst is when they just stop showing up and don't even call. You are then left to wonder if some tragic accident happened or if the person is just an a-hole!
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    Yes. When I was a teenager I did housekeeping for a local hotel during the summer.. It didn't last long! I wanted to be at the lake. One day, my friend and I were cleaning a room that left beer as a tip... We took it and headed for the lake. Never went back to work.
  • LivetoRun07
    LivetoRun07 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Yep. It started as a job I got in high school and I worked there through part of college, work my way up and all that.

Management was awful. And apparently I missed the memo that in order to keep your hours, or get more hours, you had to be blowing the manager.

Which is what I'm assuming the girl that I trained did in order to take my hours from me that she voluntarily gave up (it was never an option to randomly take back the hours you gave up. Until she got into our company).

I quit on the spot and told my manager to find someone else thats willing to perform assistant manager duties for ****ty pay.

Now I work in a completely different field that has awesome management.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    Yup. I was 18.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Sure, once somebody outlives their usefulness, I cut them away like fat on a pork chop.
    I never gave notice, because I did not want to give them the chance to take control of the situation.
    I enjoy the upper hand.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    To the girl who worked in HR...In NJ they have "no call, no show" and if they do that for 3 days it's legally a "quit" and they can't collect unenjoyment. I quit my first job at Carvel w/o notice (I was 14) ...I worked one night and came home in tears lol. I know better than to do that these days...it will def somehow come back to bite you in the *kitten*. Suck it up and give at least a week and fulfill that commitment, esp in case, God forbid for some reason yet unseen, you have to collect unemployment within the next 18 months...
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Yes. I was working retail in my college town, 2 hours away from my home. I was told by my boss that since I lived so far away and everyone else was local, I could have the day after Thanksgiving off. She called me the morning of Thanksgiving and told me that I had to work the next morning to open the store. I said no, because I had just gotten home the evening before and had plans with my family, reminding her that she'd told me I could have that day off. She insisted, and I quit. Had this been the first time I'd had issues with this manager, I would have sucked it up, but it was part of an ongoing frustration and lack of respect for me when I continually went above and beyond for that job.

That's the only time. I haven't had to quit any other job on bad terms. Every other time I've left a job, it was due to moving.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Yes, when I was younger.

No, since I became a professional.

So there ya have it! Yes and No
  • carreen
    carreen Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I quit a job once only 5 hours into my 1st training day.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Many years ago, I made the mistake of trying a job in a Krispy Kreme. One day and I was a mess...no training, no help, no nothing. Longest 8 hours of my life. The next day I quit with no regrets.