Really obese

Options
I am overweight by over a 100 lbs. I recently joined this site and was amazed by what I eat, finding out I don't eat enough and how incredibly lazy I am. My life is filled with each moment accounted for, but it is sitting while doing intense work that leads to stress. As they say stress can be controlled by exercise, yesterday, I finally got up from the couch potato mode and began cleaning my home. One hour left me with more calories to eat. I am trying to find quantity of food that is good for you....in essence, I'm learning my foods. It's not easy for me and I would like a friend who is overweight to encourage and be encouraged. I really don't find encouragement in "coat Hanger" sized friends. Let's do this journey together!

Replies

• anku08
    anku08 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    u can do it..... just keep ur spirit up.. :)
  • thefreebiemom
    thefreebiemom Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like I have 100 to lose.
  • dietingqueen
    Options
    Hi I have a lot to lose as well I joined last week feel free to add me , we can support each other .
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Look into an eating style that is healthy and sustainable for in for the long haul. There are tons and tons of great plans out there, but everyone likes different things, and everyone's body responds differently to different things. Just keep trying stuff on till something fits. ;)

Good luck! :)
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I have over 125lbs to loose. It's a struggle for me everyday to make myself get up and do something. But i make myself do it. It is hard to watch what you eat. I struggle with that everyday. So far I have lost 9lbs a small accomplishment but a long ways to go. You can do it. Have faith and make yourself get up and do something whether it be cleaning your house, walking, something. Every little bit counts. Feel free to add me and I will encourage you on your journey.
  • irishcanadianwoman
    Options
    Every body has a different amount to lose. Some people on MFP are not concerned about what the scale says, just about fitness and working out. Some care only about the number on the scale. Most care about both. I have been encouraged by lots of different types of people. Some with 5 lbs to lose and others with 150lbs to lose. Everyone loses one pound at a time. When I joined I looked around and 'friended' people who wrote interesting and encouraging posts on the message boards. Most of them accepted my friend requests. So...get a few peeps for support. We are all wishing you great success with your journey!
    Love your profile pic dress! Very cute.
  • doingit4myprincesses
    doingit4myprincesses Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 100 lbs. I know exactly what you are going through. It has been a learning experience about myself since I started. I ate horrible and was lazy. I'm getting better at getting up and doing more. Even doing better at cleaning the house. Now that I am more aware, I am ashamed that I let myself get this way and going to do everything I can to drop this weight. Good luck in your journey and feel free to add me if you would be interested in supporting each other!!
  • Wpbarr
    Wpbarr Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have 1/20th of a ton to lose, as well. The first change to make is to request a standing workstation for your job. Stop sitting, start standing all day. Makes a huge difference.
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Every body has a different amount to lose. Some people on MFP are not concerned about what the scale says, just about fitness and working out. Some care only about the number on the scale. Most care about both. I have been encouraged by lots of different types of people. Some with 5 lbs to lose and others with 150lbs to lose. Everyone loses one pound at a time. When I joined I looked around and 'friended' people who wrote interesting and encouraging posts on the message boards. Most of them accepted my friend requests. So...get a few peeps for support. We are all wishing you great success with your journey!
    Love your profile pic dress! Very cute.

While I understand your (OP's) desire for like minded people, I really agree with irishcanadian. It is the atttude of encouragemen that you want, some interesing personalities, and some people who have experienced the successes that can help you get through the hard parts. I have MFP buddies from all over the world, who have lost over 200, struggling to lose 50, who batle ED's, male, female, in my same profession, my age, half my age - the variety is great! Don't limit yourself,
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I was right where you are 1 year ago. I'm here for you if you want help. It's not easy, but it's a heck of a lot of fun. You may have to go through some pain, but it is worth it!!

Add me as a friend if you like. Good luck!! and welcome to the party!
  • Tesh25
    Tesh25 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello, you can add me for encouragement! I have 100lbs to loose also!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Hello there! Feel free to add me, by the time I hit my goal weight I will have lost 108 pounds!
    Started in January on my own at 238 pounds...slacked off by April though I had lost some weight.
    Joined MFP at 214 pounds. The first week I only lost a pound, because I was having Lady Days.
    The second week I lost 6.8 pounds!
    I am now 206.2 pounds and shrinking!!
    As I am only 5'6, my goal weight is 130 pounds.

You can do it!

P.S don't discount the 'coat-hangers'! Plenty are quite nice and helpful and they know what they are talking about :smile:
  • sunshine4me
    sunshine4me Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Welcome Aboard! Glad you are here!I have 62 pounds to lose, so add me if you like. This is not easy, especially the aches and pains part although you may not have as many. I will be 51 in August so my body hurts every once in awhile just on pure principle! I'm finding that since I am changing out foods I don't crave as much junk! Although....., I can't ever imagine life without Brownies!
    Have a wonderful day!
  • amyrenroman
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! So far I've lost 60lbs but still have about 130lbs to lose to get to goal. It's tough, but you can do this! At 367lbs I made the decision to have gastric bypass, for me it was the right move but it's a VERY personal decision. Good luck hun, you really can do this!!
  • wodforbacon
    Options
    Add my wife, she is on here as SizeHealthy2. She has lost over 200 lbs and she loves to help people and encourage. Good luck to you...it is not easy, but if it were it wouldn't make you feel so good at the end when you lose the weight that you want to lose!
  • SisterC
    SisterC Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My advice is to take each day as it comes; do your best to live healthy that day and don't worry about the next. Each day wake up with a positive attitude and walk in place or around the block for 10 min. Pack yourself a healthy lunch, but don't forget a midmorning & an afternoon healthy snack. (I like celery w/peanut butter & raisins). Try to walk another 10 min. on your lunchbreak. While at work, try doing knee lifts in your chair, tighten the stomach muscles & hold them, etc...anything to wake up some muscles. Make a healthy evening meal, clean up & then go for another walk outside. The main thing is to eat healthy, exercise & drink lots of water! This is a journey to better health; face each day as a gift to yourself and live to the fullest. Looking forward to watching your progress!
  • chrissistarr
    Options
    Its amazing how much junk we eat BUT how little we eat.... along with life stress and little to no exercise. I totally understand and hate working out alone (reason I joined MFP) but It was time I did something positive for me other than rewarding and punishing myself with food.... my 2 new motos

"JUST KEEP SWIMMING"

"FOOD IS FUEL"
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!!! I am 54 and considered obese and have about 60 lbs to lose. I have a lot of other health issues that make it hard for me to lose also. You can do this and this is an awesome site to get support, encouragement and motivation. Please feel free to check out my profile and add me if you would like. You can have just about an unlimited amount of fruits and vegetables that are filling.

Hugs
    Bev
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    I am overweight by over a 100 lbs. I recently joined this site and was amazed by what I eat, finding out I don't eat enough and how incredibly lazy I am.

^ You don't sound lazy at all to me - joining here was a big step! Be kind to yourself and good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • KimL122
    KimL122 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Welcome & I've found this site very nice. I think you wil; like it. There's a ton of motivation on here & I agree with what others have said. Just get up and do something. Slowly increase day by day & watch next thing you know you will have lost weight & find yourself no longer a cfouch potato......I go by the Nike motto....Just Do It! :)