skinnygirl alcohol

Options

Replies

• vinneeminnee123
    Options
    I found them to be interesting however for the price they are not worth it! I found Jose Lite margarita alcohol in it and it was cheaper for the same amount of calories. Also i have discovered a 'bucket' of light margarita mix (found at Sam's Club) which for 6oz of mix was only 50 calories! You do have to add the alcohol, so i added 1 oz of tequila for about 70 calories making a large tall one for the low price of 120 calories, where as the alcohol in it already is around 170 for the same amount (give or take-doing the number crunching from memory right now). I am on a money budget but my friend and I like to have a margarita celebration after our weekly weigh in's if we both lost at least one pound :)
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    That sounds good!
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I like beer. It's pretty low cal for the amount I drink (I can only handle under a pint)
  • equinescrapper
    Options
    Glad to hear the White Cranberry Cosmo is good! I bought some last weekend, but didn't get a chance to crack the bottle. it is 34 cals per 1.5 oz. I'm a light weight so I'm sure it won't take much for me! lol
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Honesty - the regular vodka tastes like a headache waiting to happen. Get the good stuff for the extra 30 calories. Well worth not having a headache.
  • TanzaMarie
    TanzaMarie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    i really really did not like the margarita. I love my margaritas and prefer to choose my tequilas. I don't drink them often, so when I do, I want a real one.
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have tried the wine, it's ok. I really enjoy my margaritas. I get the Jose Cuervo Light margarita mix. It's 0 calories and 1 carb per serving. It tastes light and refreshing. I mix it with some good quality tequila and it is awesome!!
  • chi18
    chi18 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it but I read an article about the wine a while ago that said there really isn't a caloric difference between the Skinny Girl wines and any other wine. I'd rather have better wine, personally, if the calories are that close.
  • ThatsNotMine
    ThatsNotMine Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Diet booze sounds creepy to me.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Bump. I would like to know this as well. I've been seeing the bottles a lot recently.

figures YOU would be the first commenter ;p
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You could always just make your own...

96 calories per serving!!!

Ingredients
    Red wine - 12 ounces
    3 sliced oranges
    1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
    12 ounces sierra mist free

Directions
    slice the oranges
    put orange slices and berries into pitcher
    pour wine over fruit
    add sierra mist

for best results, soak wine and fruit together for a few hours before adding Soda

Number of Servings: 6

I can't wait to try this! I have a bunch of red wine at home and just frown at it and pout. Maybe this weekend I will give myself a calorie window to do this! Sounds awesome!
  • gnarlynoodle
    gnarlynoodle Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    i really really did not like the margarita. I love my margaritas and prefer to choose my tequilas. I don't drink them often, so when I do, I want a real one.

Yeah, I wasn't impressed with the margarita at ALL. I tried it about a year ago and my husband and I ended up drinking it as shots just to get rid of it. It wasn't sip-worthy.

I say just drink the "good stuff." I don't drink often anymore so I just drink what I want when I need something alcoholic. Except beer.. I've grown to love MGD 64.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I'll stick to my Absolut. I'm not concerned about 10 calories difference from Skinny Girl wrecking my diet! :laugh:
  • hilly215
    hilly215 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I was honestly JUST thinking of picking up a bottle of the skinny girl cosmo for this weekend...but now that I see the commets, I'm gonna back off. I'll poke around and find something else. Thanks for saving me from buying bad alcohol!!! :laugh:
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I tried the margarita one once and it gave me a MASSIVE stomachache. I think it was the sweeteners. I would rather just make my own margaritas using fresh lime juice and club soda. As for wine, sometimes I will do a wine spritzer with club soda or just drink white wine with ice.
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I'm most interested in the skinnygirl vodka. It has 75 calories for 1.5 oz and most other vodkas are 65 for 1 oz. SO, as long as the taste is decent (or as decent as vodka can get), I'll be buying that from now on. I like to drink vodka with water and some squirts of a Mio (calorie free water flavor).

Voli positions itself as the world's first low calorie vodka, with a 1.5-oz serving hovering around 80 calories. Made organically with French wheat, Voli is also enhanced with hydrating electrolytes. The original Lyte variety is supplemented by several others such as Pear Vanilla, Raspberry Cocoa, and the latest flavor, Mango Coconut (launching in July). These fruit-flavored versions boast clean notes of flavor without a cloying aftertaste. A shot of Voli goes down smooth, though it also mixes well with tonic or club soda in a cocktail.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2117359_2117358_2117350,00.html #ixzz1z180hjCd
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I wasn't impressed with the Sangria.
  • angelew
    angelew Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I thought the margarita tasted bad.

You can make your own version and this tastes great:

Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, 1 shot tequila, 1/2 - 1 shot of agave nectar, juice of 1 lime and shake! I even add chilled mineral water to mine...
  • Cassaaaaandra
    Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome! Thanks for posting!
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I don't like the original margarita flavor. The peach margarita and pina colada flavors are DELISH though!!!