bump and thanks
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Christian Grey, :wink:
  • MrAllia
    MrAllia Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Tuff one indeed it was really hard to narrow it down but if I MUST choose one character... It's one character in the following six novels.

Fantasy
    Dragon Lance: Chronicles series and Legends series. ~ Raistlin
  • stephvaile
    stephvaile Posts: 298
    Options
    bump and thanks
    iv never heard of a book called bump
  • stephvaile
    Options
    iv googled this and sounds interesting ill see if i can pick one up at library
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    O.. M... G! FINALLY people who love Lee Childs books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive read all the Jack Reacher books as well as own each of them!! LOVE THEM! I can read them over and over!!
  • stephvaile
    Options
    O.. M... G! FINALLY people who love Lee Childs books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive read all the Jack Reacher books as well as own each of them!! LOVE THEM! I can read them over and over!!
    thats what i,m doing now reading them again i havn,t read THE AFFAIR YET but i have it i have all of them also lol:heart:
  • freeli
    freeli Posts: 43
    Options
    Blood Meridian, by Cormac MacCarthy.

Character: Judge Holden
    Description: Enormous and hairless, a brutal killer, philosopher, god-like, but very much mortal. The epitome of extreme violence that inhabits a part of every man's soul.

I am intrigued.....

It's been named to many "Best of" lists. McCarthy (sorry, misspelled in my original post) is arguably the best living American writer. Blood Meridian is, in my opinion, his best but also probably his darkest work (and he specializes in very dark novels).

If you're a reader, and haven't yet tried anything by McCarthy, I would start with All the Pretty Horses. Don't let the title fool you, it's very much an adult book. The prose is amazing.

After that, Blood Meridian. But again, it's an incredibly dark and violent work. It's doesn't white wash life in the western US in the 19th century, where the law was de facto unenforceable and there existed few limits on excess, other than the tenuous morality that exists within all of us. But a man's morale absolutes can also be his weaknesses. Ya know what I'm sayin'?

--P

Ah, he also wrote Ho Country for Old Men - Nice! Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely read one of his!
  • freeli
    freeli Posts: 43
    Options
    The Dark Tower series by Stephen King....Roland Deschain in my all time favorite character.

Epic!!!

:)
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    So many to pick....

However, currently my favorite character from a book is Charley Davidson....she cracks me up. She can be found in the Darynda Jones books...
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    The Dark Tower series by Stephen King....Roland Deschain in my all time favorite character.

Epic!!!

:)

I was almost gonna go with this one, but I'm gonna have to go with Hannibal Lecter from the Thomas Harris novels.
  • TrekkieChic
    TrekkieChic Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Michael Flynn in Cara McKenna's WIlling Victim.

Yeah, I read politically incorrect smut...

I would KILL to meet a man like him in real life.

Move over, Christian Grey!
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Patrick Bateman in Bret Easton Ellis' American Psycho.

What can I say? I like guys who like girls with their heads on sticks. ;)
  • Gyoza11
    Gyoza11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Probably Wednesday from American Gods.
    If we're including comic books I'd have to say The Joker from Batman. Along with Harley Quinn they're my Bella and Edward! :P
  • sktllmdrhmz
    Options
    Probably Wednesday from American Gods.

Oooh, that's a good one. :)
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

i actually hate him, love the books, but his character is a pig....but yes, i still would!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I would also pick Roland Deschain.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Zeddicus "Zedd" Zu'l Zorander - Wizard of the First Order, Namer of the Seeker of Truth, Guardian of the Sword of Truth.

From "The Sword of Truth" series by Terry Goodkind.

I see your Zed and raise you a Kahlan Amnell... Mother Confessor, Protector and Lover of the Seeker of Truth. :wink:
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Zeddicus "Zedd" Zu'l Zorander - Wizard of the First Order, Namer of the Seeker of Truth, Guardian of the Sword of Truth.

I see your Zed and raise you a Kahlan Amnell... Mother Confessor, Protector and Lover of the Seeker of Truth. :wink:

I see your Kahlan Amnell and raise you Richard Rahl - War Wizard, Ruler of the Midlands, Lord of Dhar, Seeker of Truth, Wielder of the Sword of Truth, Friend of Gratch.
  • sktllmdrhmz
    Options

How'd I miss this one? Another goody.