Bacon Sundae

Options
124»

Replies

• cyn60
    cyn60 Posts: 20
    Options
    A friend bought some to work today. I tried it. I like the sweet and salty taste. I won't have it again because I don't normally have that many calorie left like I had today. Craving for it is now over.
    Wendy, it's not mushy, Bacon is very crispy.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    If I want a bacon sundae then I'll make my own with real food ingredients and add my own bacon.

And I agree with one response here: "needs more bacon".

I think I'll try making my own ice cream (lite coconut milk and heavy whipping cream) and add bits of uncured cooked bacon to it right before it's done. Maybe with some chopped 85% dark chocolate, too - this will give me a reason to use some of my newly received coconut sugar. Off to the grocery store tonight!!
  • dusty8907
    dusty8907 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    If I want a bacon sundae then I'll make my own with real food ingredients and add my own bacon.

And I agree with one response here: "needs more bacon".

I think I'll try making my own ice cream (lite coconut milk and heavy whipping cream) and add bits of uncured cooked bacon to it right before it's done. Maybe with some chopped 85% dark chocolate, too - this will give me a reason to use some of my newly received coconut sugar. Off to the grocery store tonight!!

This sounds awesome, will try.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    i wouldn't try it but only because i would want higher quality ingredients. i love bacon paired with sweet and have had a bacon sundae but if i am going to eat something like that i was full fat grass fed cream ice cream and artisan bacon...with salted caramel.
  • ayla2eh
    ayla2eh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would like to try it. With the 510 calorie count, I think I will just "taste" it.:tongue:

I am tempted to do the same.... just to say I did. I have no interest in eating a whole sundae at that level of calories and fat grams.
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't try it but only because i would want higher quality ingredients. i love bacon paired with sweet and have had a bacon sundae but if i am going to eat something like that i was full fat grass fed cream ice cream and artisan bacon...with salted caramel.

You are speaking my language, girl! If you're going to treat yourself- actually TREAT YO'SELF.
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Bacon isn't my thing... But when I heard there was a taco made from a dorito shell, I cried tears of joy.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I had bacon ice cream at a high-end trendy restaurant a long time ago, and it was THE BOMB DOT COM. yep.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options

This!
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    Denny's has had these for a while and they said they get a lot of orders at the one we use to go to for "late night" food after a concert.

I'm vegetarian but even when I wasn't, don't think that would be so great. I was never a bacon fan except the well cooked turkey type. All that grease just makes me sick!

That being said, Vanilla ice cream with fritos is really good... but really fattening too! I no longer miss it tho lol.
  • MalissaDC
    MalissaDC Posts: 123
    Options
    eww
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Any food wrapped in bacon is better!!! ;) But, I can't even remember the last time I had bacon....
  • Losingweightforgood2019
    Options
    Tried the bacon sundae over the weekend, was pretty interesting....I would have to say the salt mixed with the icecream was pretty good. The bacon chips were a little too big though, they should have chopped all the pieces up. I had a taste then gave the rest to my daughter who chewed the rest of the bacon for sure....LOL

Final thought, I will not be buying that again:-) I will stick with the chocolate covered bacon:-)
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm a BK manager... I've tried it... Just so you know it's fudge, caramel and bacon...

and it's Meh... Just okay. I took a bite of it but I wouldn't eat a whole sundae let alone pay for it.

Now the new strawberry frozen lemonade, sweet potato fries and pulled pork sandwiches, I'm all over those!

Those pulled pork sandwiches are awesome!
  • melissaloveshair
    Options
    If I were to eat it I'd get it without the caramel. But I probably won't, such a huge calorie hit!!

I do plan on getting some chocolate covered bacon at the Minnesota State Fair, though. Because I only go once each year and you bet I'm gonna enjoy anything that catches my fancy :)