Anyone Else Struggle During the Weekends?

Options
2»

Replies

• danabromley
    danabromley Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Weekends are horrible for me. My husband isn't supportive in my effort to get healthy, so he bugs me to eat not so healthy foods allot on the weekends. I'm happy you brought up this subject, maybe someone has some ideas for me.
  • littleblonde200
    Options
    I sort of have your problem except that for me saturday nights where my weekness. My partner is normally off work on a sunday so a Saturday night was a treat night. SO what i now do is weight in on a saturday morning so i can still have my treat :) May not be ideally but i just make sure whatever i have keeps me with calories and i weight it. But i have also noticed that i cant eat big portions anymore and nor can i have sweet things. I dont crave many of the things i used to.So i dont have to worry anymore
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    weekends are my relaxing days :) a light run or bike is all i do :)
  • pinklily905
    pinklily905 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Oh how I struggle with weekends. I don't work out, I eat like crap, and I get popcorn at the movies! I am terrible on weekends so I have set a goal of aiming to be much better on the weekends between now and labor day. I really want to stick with it! I have no excuse...but at least I am aware
  • ernieb83
    ernieb83 Posts: 8
    Options
    Yes...my exact problem. I just started on this site last week and was doing great. Lost 3 lbs in 3 days but then over the weekend it all came back :/ I need to figure out how to avoid this. I usually designate one weekend night to going out and enjoying a few cocktails with friends which is probably part of my problem...and when I'm out we'll get appetizers sometimes and munchies. I am conscious of it though so hopefully I am able to improve it and be successful in my efforts to shed those lbs!
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    This was a big problem for me. I found during the week everything was planned and I would eat according to my "scheduled" menu. Now I try to eat with mindfulness. I don't plan as much on the weekend and just try to make healthy choices and keep a little hunger on. I use to think I wasn't finished eating until my stomach was really full and uncomfortable. I know better now.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    During the work week, I stick to be diet beautifully. But the weekends come around and it's so hard!!! I'm surrounded by foods I don't see during the week!!!! How do you deal with the weekends???!!!!

During the week, I'm a grazer. I bag a lunch with a set number of calories and graze on it all day long.

On the weekends, I generally find lots of things to keep me busy around the house (well, my wife does mostly), and I end up changing my eating habits a bit. On the weekends, I eat 2-3 large meals. I start with a big breakfast with lots of complex carbs and proteins (sometimes close to 1200 calories), and try to end with a meal that will leave me just enough calories for a small dessert and a glass of wine in the evening.

It's gotten easier since we got our farmshare, since we're inundated with beautiful leafy green vegetables - and stir-frying spinach and kale and collard greens in garlic and olive oil can easily turn in to a satisfying big-plate meal with a little meat and a little carbs on the side!
  • skottikins
    skottikins Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Weekends are hard! These days are when I have issues with 'closet eating'. Since I stay up later, I tend to have that 'boredom' hunger and will splurge on chips, cereal, cookies, whatever I can get my hands on. I usually try to brush my teeth, drink water, and do something to stay occupied. Also, as to the issue of hard-to-count calories like home cooked food at a party or birthday cake, I try to find the closest match or see if I can ask what's in the meal ( under the guise of wanting the recipe). Then, I make an educated guess and usually estimate high.
  • bashiera
    bashiera Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I always eat worse on the weekends because I'm home all day and my grandfather doesn't want to cook because he works M-F so he orders pizza or grills hot dogs and says "Go at it". I usually plan and pack meals for the weekdays because I'm gone all day but come the weekend, I sleep in, stay up late, drink a little soda, eat hotdogs and crisps and go out to eat usually with my boyfriend and friends because we go to the hookah lounge and then get sushi or gyros before/after. I try to undereat a little on Thursday and Friday to balance everything out but man weekends are really setting me back!
  • underthisfatareabs
    Options
    When I stay home, I usually allow myself 100-150 extra calories as long as its within my BMR intake. When I'm going to the fair or to the beach or hanging out with family, I enjoy myself but also not completely go haywire. I don't want to be the only one not having a good time because I have to worry about calories and stuff.
  • luzmidd
    luzmidd Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Eat breakfast! This really helps! I used to snack so much on weekends and gain all my hard work from the week back. Now I make sure I have breakfast (normally very filling breakfast like 3 eggs, 2 sausages) on Saturday and Sunday before 9 in the morning. Then I do something active (I dont exercise over the weekend, but I do something) like go to the beach, play with the dogs etc. Then just make sure your snacks are good for you but still yummy. Like for sweets, buy hard candy, something you have to suck on, not chewy stuff. You get the sweet fix, but you eat less. And for salty, make stuff like baked butternut chips with cottage cheese dip. This is what has helped me with my weekend binges.
  • ses0786
    ses0786 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Right at the start I said that would allow myself one cheat meal, which would be on a Saturday night. That one meal soon turned into a whole day and then that whole day turned into the whole weekend! I've aiming this weekend to get back on track and stick to Saturday dinner as my treat. It is hard when you're with family and friends and they're eating bad food but I'm just going to try and be strong. Today my sister made chocolate cupcakes while we were visiting,everyone was having one but I said no. As soon as everyone had finished eating my craving was gone! And I didn't have the guilts. So I'm just going to try and remember how good that feels when I'm tempted :)
  • EchoOfYourPast
    EchoOfYourPast Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    My workweek is on the weekends and i do pretty good and i also do pretty good on the days my husband works....it is the days that we have off together that mess me up at times.....he is not watching what he eats at all.....sometimes i can still be good....on the days we have a drink or two...thats when it all goes out the window!

San :)
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I know some people don't agree with this mentality but I relax, food-wise, when it comes to the weekends. I don't binge, but the reigns are definitely loosened. It's no coincidence that the weekends are my most social time - I catch up with friends, or go and visit The Man. Both of those occasions tend to involve bluddy good eats.

I see the changes I've made as lifestyle changes, rather than a diet - I exercise hard for at least an hour every day (yep, including weekends), which I like to think I can maintain for as long as possible - it makes me very happy, and I don't see it as a chore. It also affords me the odd pizza/Chinese/bottle of wine/dirty Mexican chimichanga deliciousness. A life without the odd treat, to me, is not sustainable.
  • chatter27
    chatter27 Posts: 121
    Options
    Not only do I struggle on the weekends, but also in the evening. :ohwell:
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    HA...shoulda seen my status this morning... was good all week (1800-1900 cals)....then saturday and sunday.... BOOM!! 9000 calories at least. sigh*. life happens.

That was me, but my splurge was closer to 5 or 6 thousand. Sucks, but life goes on.
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I may eat more at the weekends but off set it by having a lot more sex then too. So it works for me!!!