what to eat for dinner with 1016 cals left??

Options
I am having trouble trying to decide what I should eat for dinner.. I know I have to many calories left, but I have been eating,, feel free to view my diary! Ideas please!

Replies

• CaraColleen
    CaraColleen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I get all my dinner recipes from eatingwell.com. These dinners are seriously DELICIOUS! You always know the amount of calories in each serving, and they're usually already logged as food entries on MFP. Just look up one that looks yummy, cook and enjoy. You won't regret it!
  • jmcdaniel0
    jmcdaniel0 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    me and my wife are having bbq pulled pork salad and steamed green beans... She has been making teh pork all day today, so I am excited!
  • JanSmelly
    JanSmelly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have around the same amount (dinner is my favorite meal of the day) and I will have a drink, large dinner (grilled chicken, grilled peppers, baked potato, and then a treat.
  • cheergirl1993
    cheergirl1993 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    bbq pulled pork sounds yummy!!! Thanks for letting me know about that website it looks good... also to Jan do you still lose weight eating all that for dinner?
  • stfuandrun
    stfuandrun Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    With that many calories left, I would be eating all the things. Haha.

We are having salmon and salad tonight. Yum!
  • cheergirl1993
    Options
    I would love to grill out cheeseburgers or something like that, I have the calories .. just worried it will mess me up.. what do yall think?
  • TinamarZDF
    TinamarZDF Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I have had lots of grilled cheesburgers when I have the calories. Weight has been coming off nice and steady since January! Don't deprive yourself :)
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I would love to grill out cheeseburgers or something like that, I have the calories .. just worried it will mess me up.. what do yall think?

If you have the calories for a cheeseburger, and you want a cheeseburger, why not?

It shouldn't mess you up any.
  • SkinnyBinnyBoo
    Options
    Everything!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Go for the cheeseburger! Especially if it's homemade...
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I love Chili when that happens!

1lb Lean Ground Beef/Turkey/Tofu
    1 can Low Sodium Red Beans
    1 Onion
    1 can Campbell's Tomato, Basil & Oregano Condensed Soup
    1 can Mushrooms (caps & stems)
    Chili Powder/Crushed Chilis to taste

It makes 4 servings each of about 420 calories (with beef)

I LOVE this recipe... I got it from my BF. It's fantastic over Whole Wheat Rice if you need more calories too! AND you can make it as spicy as you want!
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Are you sure your logging is accurate? Some of your numbers just seem very low, like the strawberry smoothie and the grapes? Im not being harsh, just want to make sure you are logging right, i assume with the grapes you only had like 3 grapes to be 1/2 ounce and the strawberry smoothie i am assuming some type of yogurt and strawberries so 38 calories seems low. like i said, not judging or being harsh just trying to help.
  • cheergirl1993
    Options
    I absolutely love chili even in 100 degrees ha ha... ok everyone I hace decicded to have cheeseburger with light lays chips! sound good?
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options

Mess you up how? Give you the runs?

If you have the calories...eat it...in moderation of course.
  • cheergirl1993
    Options
    to Tara, thank you for trying to help, I drank about 4 sips of the smoothie .. i did not like it haha... but i wanted to log it somehow.. as for grapes I had about 10
  • heddylyn
    heddylyn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    A big fat burrito from Chipotle. Mmmm, I'm drooling just thinking about it!
  • lfandress
    lfandress Posts: 3
    Options
    Just a suggestion: but here is what I keep on hand for a healthy quick meal: I make a vegetable soup (a large pot) with every kind of vegetable in it, just cut them up and season with herbs, a little sea salt. No meat, but I do use tofu for protein. And I add canned beans that have been rinsed for protein source as well. It's hearty and healthy and you can eat a large helping without the fat and calories from prepared meals that include meats.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options

err...I'm confused. I mean are you worried that you won't be able to stop eating because cheeseburgers are awesome? If not, the whole point of knowing that you have 1016 calories left for the day is not having to worry about dinner as long as it falls within your goal.
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Just making sure:) I know sometimes my diary looks funny like that too, because I ate two cheezits:) In that case, if I had that many calories left I would certainly eat the cheeseburger:)