Replies

• perenial52
    perenial52 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    that was an awful post whom ever wrote that
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I just found your original post and commented so it should be bumped up now.
  • jillcwhite
    jillcwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Maybe stay on track 6 days a week and have a cheat day one day. That may keep you on track longer. When you do well for weeks you maybe feeling deprived or worn out. Having a cheat day may make your healthy goal go longer.

I try to eat good 80% of the time. 20% would be the extra treats
    I also work out 6 days a week with one rest day
    I have been doing this for years
  • mmarin81
    mmarin81 Posts: 241
    Options
    It happens. We all fall off track sometimes. When we do we gotta just dust ourselves off, refocus, recommitt and go at it harder than ever. Don't give up, don't hang your head, just get back up and DO IT!!!

You got this!! Do not give up and do not let the fact that no one commented originally get you down. Sometimes you just gotta look a harder inside and out to get support and motivation.

:flowerforyou:
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    maybe change your way of thinking...there is nothing wrong with treating yourself if it fits into your calories for the day. I work out hard with weights and cardio and enjoy being able to eat more... maybe if we were able to see your food diary we could help.

I know I think about food totally differently now than i did a short time ago...
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Okay you fell off,now it's time to get back on the horse, wagon or whatever you road in on :wink: It's not that bad, you letting the disapointment win is going to keep you from your goals. I know, I let it do it to me.
    This challenge is not easy and by making the decision to do something about it you are already in the race. Most people didn't even show up.

I'm not saying don't be disappointed in not meeting goals, but don't let it hold you down.

It's hard to get out of the funk because you're either not seeing results or you ate a few too many of the less then desirable calories. You have to force yourself to change your outlook. One day at a time.

Feel free to add me, if you would like some extra support and motivation! Feel better and remember to tell yourself 'You're worth it!"
  • KathieSwenson
    Options
    TO the poster: I hope you are feeling better. we all have our ups and downs. Even I am at my 40 lb weight loss is having a hard time. Push yourself to do better and feel better. I know I do and it helps.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    It is not about falling off, it is all about getting back up. You can do it. Feel free to add me
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I just saw this and can't believe I missed you earlier! I was off track for 3 weekends in a row, you'll find your motivation again. I did it by making Fridays all about things that made me feel better...reading success stories, looking at pics to see how far I've come, planning my menus in advance instead of moment to moment, penciling in walks and other workouts. You can do this!
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Sent a friend request. Remember: it's not that we get knocked down, it's that we get back up. I'll be happy to help.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    if it makes you feel better i just had a half cup of french vanilla ice cream and the only reason why i had only a half cup was that was the end of the box or else i probably would have eaten it all. we all slip up. it happens it's what you do afterwards that counts. realize you slipped up and move on start again but if you just decide well i slipped up i might as well just continue you'll never reach your goals.

what kind of treats are you giving yourself? maybe you could change it up if you only treat with food. how about a new pair of yoga pants to go walking in or new socks/sneakers/tshirt. each time you meet a goal even if it's something like walk 2 times what if you bought some music for your walks. not every reward needs to be food related.

me personally i love new pillow cases - it's something small and inexpensive (i buy mine at tjmaxx or marshalls) and it changes the look of my bed so i use that as motivation. exercise 4 days get new pillow cases. no exercise no pillow cases.

also my goal is to loose 15-20lbs RIGHT NOW. i decided it was better for me to set a goal i felt like i could achieve then to set my ultimate goal which is 40lbs because if i set it too high i would fail just by seeing that number every single day.

good luck hang in there.
    I need to loose 55 lbs. I do well for a couple of weeks then I always treat myself to something ( which I know I shouldn't ) . This throws me off track. I want to start walking again. I also do zumba and just dance on the wii. Thank you so much for taking the time to talk to me x
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    I fell off of it recently too. Result? Gain of 8 pounds within a month. Try to get back as soon as possible.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    So sorry that you didn't get responses. Hopefully you will met some new, encouraging friends that will help get you through the tough days. Feel free to add me!
  • mommanurse33
    mommanurse33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    To the girl who posted the original topic. .. Hang in there. I have posted topics and blogs where not a soul has posted any response. That can be disappointing. However, sometimes it just takes putting your thoughts into words in front of you, and you suddenly have a lightbulb go on!!! If you need a supportive friend, you are more than welcome to add me. Chin up sweetie.:flowerforyou:
  • mel5989
    mel5989 Posts: 80
    Options
    I've had that happen to me too... I think it depends on the time of day who sees it & when... there are a LOT of posts on here, & I've found that at certain times of the day, no one is reading them at all.

I had a CRUMBY visit to the Personal Trainer at my gym, who basically told me "you're fat, & you can't do this" & I whined to the forums for support... I guess I hit the right time of day for a rant though.

I've also put messages about being on the edge... chocolate cake purchased, fork poised... & gotten no response. Its unfortunate, but it happens.

I hope you're feeling better though, & I'm sure it's not because people don't care about you. I think it's just a matter of weird timing. The site was down for a while today too (at least I couldn't get on).
    I had a problem getting connected as well.
  • robsgurl
    robsgurl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I don't like when I slack off and get off track. The best thing you can do is just pick your self up and get back on track. We all get off track here and there. I sometimes have a hard time getting back on track and have to force myself to get moving even if it is just for a walk around my neighborhood.
  • eatandexercise1
    eatandexercise1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this. You can meet your goals, you can be happy. Just keep getting up every time you fall, and don't let anything get you down.
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Some times anger is a better motivator than anything else. Not saying it was called for, just saying.
  • AllisonB145
    AllisonB145 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! You just need to pick yourself up and keep moving forward. Treat yourself to something you really like, perhaps a manicure, pedicure, massage etc....
    You can add me as a friend if you like. :smile:
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I think you just have to think back and why you started this program. Like all of us, I'm sure you want to feel better and look better. Always remember an old motto " If it is to be it's up to me "!!! Watching what we eat and working out because we have to do it ourselves. We can't count on anyone else because if they back out on day then we too often take the day off. Once we take a day off, it gets easier and easier to do it again and soon we are off target. I have run a lot in the last 2 weeks and I was really tired today after my run and told some friends I was talking tomorrow off, but already 4 hours later, I can't wait to get back on the road tomorrow. I just started this about 2 months ago where I write down everything I eat and increased my running from 2 & 3 miles to 4,5 nd 6 miles and an occasional 3 miles rest run. I'm 76 yrs old!! So you can do it!!!

Basil
    Let me hear from you!!!