Zumba & sorking out ??

Options
Hi,

As i'm only back working out , would it be too much if i continued to work out in the morning & doing a Zumba class in the same day? Or should i just do one or the other for the first few weeks ?

Thanks

Sam :)

Replies

• freerangehuman
    freerangehuman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba every Wednesday because my job offers a class on my lunch break. I often run in the evening as well. As long as you don't feel burnt out, it shouldn't be a problem.
  • januadiaboli
    januadiaboli Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I can do both in the same day, but prefer to leave a significant gap between the two ... that way I'm not totally burnt out by the end of my evening Zumba class.
  • abcmiah
    abcmiah Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have done both in the same day. Usually workout in the morning and Zumba in the evening.
  • stephlake
    stephlake Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba in addition to my other workouts not instead of. Zumba is so much stinking fun I don't think of it as my gym time. Of course it depends on your effort too.. I average 800-1100 calories with one particular teacher but only 600-800 with one that I am not as enthusiastic about.
    Just try doing both and see how you do. You will probably surprise yourself. :) Good Luck!
  • samwalkers
    Options
    Hey guys,

thanks for replying :) Bit stiff this morning so i'm heading out for a slow jog then head to zumba at 8pm with a nice warm bath in between. I guess my body will tell me so here's too tuning into it :)
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Zumba should be a reward! Do them both, I love Zumba! If you feel your body getting tired after a cpl weeks, then cut back.