Iphone or Android... WHY?

Options

Replies

• MandiS80
    MandiS80 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Android.
    No itunes is one of the biggest things for me. I hate Itunes with a passion. Although I do use an ipod for the gym I'd hate to have to use it for a phone. Been there, done that, never again.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I have a coach on my staff that had an old phone and a few years ago, I talked him into an iPhone. He's a cheap bass turd and refuses to upgrade or make a change. He cusses me daily and hates the iPhone. He's old, though...LOL!

Really...the best thing to do is go to the store and just play around with the phones. I don't think you can go wrong with either the Android or iPhone. I can, but that's the kinda stuff that happens to me. :explode:
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    My last 4 phones have been HTC Andrloid's I seriously love them. My fiance has an iphone, and seems less user friendly.
    but go play with both at your local store and see what strikes your fancy.
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I tried the Iphone and got sick of it after 2 weeks and went back to an Android.

Android has my vote!
  • minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    i phone 64g, cuz the wife just got one yesterday, to justify spending ridiculous amounts of money on nothing i get a vote:: her phone $460.00 her plan $90.00 per month with corp discount, my phone, free, my plan $25.00 for 3 months and I don't use all of my minutes. if you need me, call me at home.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    iPhone junkie over here!!
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I have an android and I love it .. Had the hero before this one I have now .. My guy for a mothers day gift bought me the new iphone and i tried it out but i did not like it so having tried both I am going to say DROID!!!!!
  • BG10708
    BG10708 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Such a timely topic: I have been researching for a couple of weeks now and am torn between the iPhone 4S and the new Samsung Galaxy S3. I like the bigger screen on the Samsung but the iPhone has such a good reputation. I am upgrading from a "dumb" phone so this is a big step for me :smile: It is a big financial commitment and I don't want to have regrets about my choice later.
  • suztheq
    suztheq Posts: 171
    Options
    iPhone just 'tells you' what you want=simplicity
    android lets you choose what you want=versatility

This. I like being able to remove the stock "bloatware" and fully customizing my phone. There are tons of apps out there that are very similar to apple. Droids have the abilities of Siri's searching and voice recognition, they just aren't able to snark back to you. Other apps like Google music or Audiogalaxy allow you to stream music like Apple's iCloud. The iPhone is amazing, don't get me wrong. However, I love Android's versatility.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Has anybody used the HTC Rhyme? I'm also looking into getting a new phone, but I wasn't sure what to get. That one and the SII are two of the ones I'm looking at.
  • kaylarachellee
    kaylarachellee Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My phone is in really bad condition to have the screen replaced.. really slow and not updated android..

I think I will go with android..

Ether the evo 4g lte or samsung galaxy s III !!

Thanks for all the input!

Now... should I get the evo 4g lte or galaxy s III ?? I
  • DG_Allen
    DG_Allen Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I love my Windows Phone 7.

You should hold off if you can or get a refurb cheap on for now until the new Windows Phone 8 and iPhones are out.

Windows phones are sleek and fast. I love the UI and the intergation is great too.

You should at least give it an honest look before buying.
  • jhalsey205
    jhalsey205 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Android. I love the openness and flexibility of the platform: widgets, custom launchers, etc - allow me to setup and use the device the way I want. You can even set it up to act like ios (via miui rom or similar launchers).

I have a Motorola Razr Maxx (on Verizon) with a 3100 mha battery, which is almost 2x the battery/battery life of most smartphones.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you want.

The it thing? A great music player? The popular apps? The cool accessories? The simple, don't think or worry about anything system?
    iPhone.

Something different? Something a little experimental? Trying new apps and giving feedback/tweaking the system? Free apps? Syncing with PC and/or other non-Mac systems? Replaceable parts?
    Android.

I like Android. I think there is a bit of a sheep mentality behind iPhone. It doesn't really do anything better then Android, apart from purchasing music and long battery life (which I think is completely offset by the fact you can't replace the battery). But they are quality phones still.
  • celeste_xo
    celeste_xo Posts: 88
    Options
    android! samsung galaxy s3! i'm getting mine this week, CANNOT WAIT! but if you can't wait since yours is broken, the s2 is awesome as well.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I currently have a Crackberry. when it dies I am getting an android phone. having played with friends Iphones and Android based phone, i like the flexibility of the androids

I have a Crackberry too. Can't stand it! Only a couple more months until my contract is done and I'm moving onto Android!

I'm with these peeps! CrackBerry user - once November comes, I'm getting an Android!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    iPhone if you're a big fan of iTunes or prefer things 'as they are' - Android if you prefer personalisation and glasses with frames that aren't 2cms thick.
  • pooki24
    pooki24 Posts: 31
    Options
    Android without a doubt. We've had both in our company and only a few tech-challenged execs still have the iPhone. Anything that won't let me change batteries without an electronics repair kit or upgrade/interchange SD cards or use flash is useless to me. I still have a work-issued iPad that I let me son use to play angry birds and watch PBS Kids, and even he prefers my android tablet! No offense to apple people, but I could imagine being forced to use a pre-configured device...oh did I mention file management? Android actually trust me to see where my files are and even drag and drop to my pc, USB stick, SD card, cloud service, etc!!
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I have had both... many of both! Galaxy, Shine, Xperia... and Iphone 3GS, 4G, 4GS...

Itunes is meh.... (not the end of the world...) the real difference is GMAIL VS APPLE.... I prefer Apple. Don't get this wrong, I dont own a mac or love steve jobs.... I just find the phone more reliable.. and the apps work 100%... I don't buy any apps either....

just my two cents.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I am going to say iPhone. I have had Andorids and the quality level is just different. You can pretty much do the same thing with both phones. Memory is cheaper in the Android, and the camera is better in the iPhone. Andorid is more web friendly (which I use a lot) and it can rooted to give you a HotSpot (mobile WiFi) for free. :) iPhone can replace your iPod (the Android music players pretty much suck).