Six months in - 40% there, and lessons learned

Options

Replies

• Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    UPDATE 6/25/2012
    I've just gotten a new scale, and found out that the old one has been lying to me, which affects my ticker as well as some of the numbers in my earlier posts. It's not a setback per se, but it sure messed with my mind for a few days.

You can read more about it here, if you're interested:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/646238-my-new-scale-hates-me
  • Jkc9059
    Jkc9059 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    What a great inspiration you are!! I am fairly new here and posts like yours help keep me motivated!
  • Deb_smiles
    Deb_smiles Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    What a great attitude! Thanks so much for sharing! I loved how you calculated how far you have walked. I try to walk 3-4 miles several times a week. I think I will start keeping track of those miles! Everything adds up!
  • christamt
    christamt Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 45 pounds lost. I love the practical advice! Sending you a friend request.

me too!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I loved every one of your points but #5 is my favorite. Don't forget to ENJOY LIFE on this journey. And 40 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. I just joined 16 days ago and I would LOVE to have lost 40 pounds.
  • tinaslosingit
    tinaslosingit Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Great post! Bumping for more people to read
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    bumping so I can read this over and over again when I get discouraged! Thanks!
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Wonderful advice!! I need to take some of your lessons learned and use them towards my own journey! Job well done!!! BRAVO!!!!
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    I agree wholeheartedly with your comments. You are doing great and it is wonderful to see this in print. Thanks.
  • lldem
    lldem Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What a great post! Very motivational - exactly what I needed today - only 5 days in... You are so right -this isn't a race. It's a life style change! I'm going to print and keep a copy in my purse. I've gotta stay on track and reading this helps - Congrats and much success on you lifestyle change! :smile:
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Cin43
    Cin43 Posts: 2
    Options
    Very good advice. 45 pounds is wonderful! I've only been at this for 15 days and already thinking that I should have lost more. Thanks for your post!
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Great post! Congratulations
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing!
    You can be very proud of your achievements!! No matter how long it takes, it means you are not staying the same.

:flowerforyou:
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    It was six months ago today that I joined MFP...Along the way I've learned a lot about how to keep myself on track. Like Yogi Berra said about baseball, 90% of this game is half mental. The secret is to stay motivated and not allow myself to get frustrated and lose interest. Here's what's worked for me so far...

Hello from Chicago!
    Thank you for sharing your learnings. How is your journey going (aside from that darn scale!) now that we're moving into Fall.
  • meeky81
    meeky81 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing, and you've done AMAZING on your weight loss so far!
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Fabulous post!
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I really needed to see this to remind myself that I can do this if I take it one day at a time!
    Congrats on your loss! (:
  • liberella
    liberella Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Great tips -- adding to my 'tip list'!
  • movburg
    movburg Posts: 6
    Options
    You're post was exactly what I was looking for and needing to read today. I have been solidly working out and eating semi right for only 2 months. I was starting to feel discouraged bc I am not seeing instantaneous results. I really needed this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!