Do you work nights?!?

Options
boomrain
boomrain Posts: 74 Member
Hey guys,

I've been using MFP since late Aprilish and everyone has been quite amazing and supportive!! I work two 12 hour night shifts 9pm-9am and one 15 hour night shift 9pm-12pm....and that's if I'm not doing overtime!! This lifestyle can we wicked hard!! I'm looking for friends who are in the same ballpark as me, so that we can help support each other and give each other advice about what to eat and such. Of course if you don't work nights, I love making new friends regardless. Just seeing if people are dealing with the same things that I have to deal/struggle with. :)

Replies

• boomrain
    Options
    No one works nights?? Hmmm...
  • dmariearce
    Options
    I do 3-11 and some 11-7...its def hard!!! add me, i'm always looking for someone to help me stay on track, and vice versa
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    nights, mornings, afternoons. I always work.

Mom of 4, dance instructor, spin instructor.
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    I work nights and it is definitely hard

I work sun - thurs nights 10pm to 6am
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I usually work 7 x12 hour day shifts followed by seven days off than 7x 12 hour night shifts followed by 7 days off. than repeat.
    This year I am on straight day shifts and miss the nights. Night for me re usually either very quiet or very busy.
  • boomrain
    Options
    You guys will have to give me some of your food secrets for the nights and how you manage that with sleeping. I think I have a decent routine and eating schedule going on now, but I would like to learn how everyone else does it too!!
  • sunnie326
    sunnie326 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
  • nunezvirginia43
    Options
    YES:explode:
  • boomrain
    Options

Oh this is so good to know, thanks :)
  • kmoore02
    kmoore02 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I used to work nights (11pm - 7am) for about 3 years. I loved it except working weekends :frown:

It was difficult getting my eating routine down because I would get confused about when to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner.
  • RaysfanATL
    RaysfanATL Posts: 94
    Options
    I work for an airline, so I usually work all different hours, but usually 3pm-11pm, or if I am flying it is usually crazy hours. I still try not to eat at least 4-5 hours before bedtime. It's hard sometimes with time changes.
  • Healthy2BSarah
    Options
    I work at a local supermarket at night. Only just started so struggling a little with the sleep pattern :-). x Add me if you wish

Thanks x
  • nunezvirginia43
    Options
    Very hard
  • nunezvirginia43
    Options
    Same days and hours I do
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    checkout the official nightshift thread
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I work for an airline, so I usually work all different hours, but usually 3pm-11pm, or if I am flying it is usually crazy hours. I still try not to eat at least 4-5 hours before bedtime. It's hard sometimes with time changes.

that is an old wive's tale. you can eat any time of day; it makes no difference. the only difference you could see on the scale would be if you have not "processed" your food yet, ahem.
  • nunezvirginia43
    Options
    :happy: :wink:
  • RaysfanATL
    RaysfanATL Posts: 94
    Options
    i don't like to eat too late because I don't sleep well at night when I do. Also, feel bloated especially if I am flying on a long haul flight, like to Europe or across the country. You should always eat light when flying
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

that is an old wive's tale. you can eat any time of day; it makes no difference. the only difference you could see on the scale would be if you have not "processed" your food yet, ahem.
    Pretty much.

Time is a human concept. The body doesn't know time.
  • boomrain
    Options
    I used to work nights (11pm - 7am) for about 3 years. I loved it except working weekends :frown:

It was difficult getting my eating routine down because I would get confused about when to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I know exactly what you mean!!! That definitely was throwing me off too!! I was so afraid I wouldn't be able to lose weight because my body would be confused! I go back to a normal schedule Thursday-Sunday. And my night life is Monday-Wednesday. It's tricky!!