Other Recipes for Protein Powders

Options
2»

Replies

• reegordon
    reegordon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of good tips/recipes here. Thanks Everyone!
  • Unwr1tten
    Unwr1tten Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I tried a recipe for chocolate protein twinkies (devil dogs). 2nd batch now. They satisfy the urge for a baked pastry. Not exactly devils food but soft and tasty with a flavorful filling. I continue to bake these as snacks. My second batch I added 3 packs of stevia to the batter and it did the trick for me. Only about 113 calories by my calculations per twinkie with good protein, fiber and good carbs. Here's a link to the recipe (there's other stuff there too.)

http://www.proteinpow.com/2011/08/chocolate-casein-filled-protein-powder.html
  • mstaser
    mstaser Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I am a sweets freak and protein twinkies, oh ya!!
  • eriemer
    eriemer Posts: 197
    Options
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder in sugar free maple syrup makes a wonderful vanilla maple icing delish! Great for pancakes, cinnamin buns, or waffles top with fresh berries, what a wonderful treat.

2 scoops vanilla protein powder in 1/2 cup natural applesauce tastes similar to cookie dough, texture that of porage but still better then trying to gulp it down in milk!

5 scoops Vanilla protein powder in with the melted marshmellows when making rice krispy treats! No one noticed :) I'm sure the same idea would work with brownies or cake too, sub the powder for sugar or flour.

Good luck. I don't care for chalky drinks and get sick of anything milk like very quick so I have to add it where I can.