Bikini Babes

Options

Replies

• mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I thought the 7:30 would be easy to but when I looked at the clock after we finished eating dinner last night it was 7:15 I thought to myself wow I thought it was much earlier... I did however have ice cream at 7:40 I had a really sore throat and thought it would help it did and I didn't go over my calories still had 157 of them left over and today I after I entered my breakfast, lunch and dinner I still have 200 calories left.

I hope everyone is having a great Tuesday.:flowerforyou:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! I am proud to say that so far, I am doing really well on the eating cut off challenge... and I feel so much better!!!! Weird thing is ... I FEEL lighter since I haven't been eating later.... The scale doesn't show it... but I just FEEL that way.. Strange, huh?
    Anyway, hoping this week shows that I have lost something soon :wink:
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Thanks sjmay! :flowerforyou:

Kandyjo - Good for you!
  • JustJessie
    JustJessie Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Well I work two jobs and usually don't get home until 7:30 so I am going to have to adjust the time to after 9pm. Unfortunately it was a long day of work yesterday and I was stuck at work until 9pm! I came home and was hungry so I had one serving of cinniman and apple instant oatmeal. Just enough sweetness to satisfy me. I was under my calories for the day so success!

Tonight I should get home by 6pm so dinner and then nothing after 7:30 hopefully. This is a hard challenge!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Great idea on the challenge! Congrats Nicole! :smile:

I hope everyone is doing well! I am working on the challenges myself. :smile: I have been traveling all over the place. I am about to travel to NY today. I am going to a concert tomorrow to see The Cranberries reunion tour. I am pretty excited.

I heart the Crannberries! :happy:
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Great idea on the challenge! Congrats Nicole! :smile:

I hope everyone is doing well! I am working on the challenges myself. :smile: I have been traveling all over the place. I am about to travel to NY today. I am going to a concert tomorrow to see The Cranberries reunion tour. I am pretty excited.

SWEET! I love the Cranberries! Have a great time!
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    I ate later than 7:30 last night but only because I am in school until then! I did not think about it before since I usually skip that class :laugh: but I had a test last night. I didn't get home until around 8, but I ate right then and that was it for the night!

Even though it is hard, this is a great challenge. I don't know about you guys, but my nighttime snacking habit is totally mindless snacking. I do it only because I am bored. This is a great way to kick that habit!
  • Naokoheart
    Options
    Hmm I was a bit restless last night after doing the first day of the challenge,
    buut doay I made sure to eat a bit more to feel more satisfied,I still stayed under my cals. =]
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Good morning :wink:

hope everyone is doing good ...... i weighed in with my other group this morning and i am happy to report LW 191 CW 189 loss 2 pounds this week total of 36:bigsmile:

Hope everyone has a good day :smile:
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I never have problems with eating late - but I've eaten after 7:30 every night this week!! ACK!:embarassed:

I'm not eating a lot or over my calories, but suddenly I've been craving a snack after dinner. I've been having some GI issues and am not able to eat very much at a sitting. I will try to refocus tonight.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I started making dinner @ 5 when I got home but it was a new dish and didnt know it would take FOREVER to make. so dinner wasnt ready til 8 and it wasnt even all that good. sigh. :indifferent:
  • Naokoheart
    Options
    I am slowly beginning to get used to not eating after 7:30pm now,
    I think its quite a healthy and beneficial challenge,I might try and adapt to it in the long run. =]

My friend told me that the body takes time to digest food,so the later you eat/the closer you eat near to bed time,the longer it takes to digest your food,and if you eat near bed time its more likely for you body to turn the calories into fat,could be arguable but it was interesting hearing her perspective on things,
    and it even stopped her snacking on her super student chocolate stash lol.:laugh:
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    So it's 8:00 here so the challenge will not go well for me tonight!! I got home right at 7:30 and made a small sandwich. I am about to go to the gym and did not want to eat a large meal before working out so I KNOW I will have to eat something when I get home from the gym!! :grumble:

Fortunately, I do not have class tomorrow and will be staying up late tonight---- 1 or 2ish. I think that will give me enough time between eating and getting to bed.
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    I never have problems with eating late - but I've eaten after 7:30 every night this week!! ACK!:embarassed:

I'm not eating a lot or over my calories, but suddenly I've been craving a snack after dinner. I've been having some GI issues and am not able to eat very much at a sitting. I will try to refocus tonight.

Darn those late night snacks!!!
  • Hailey
    Hailey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Omg, I didnt do this challenge once yet! :( Still keeping with the water though!

Well it looks like I have lost 2.2lbs in the last two days! and I expected it to go up at least that much as its my TOM!!! I dont know whats going on, but I like it ;)
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Omg, I didnt do this challenge once yet! :( Still keeping with the water though!

Well it looks like I have lost 2.2lbs in the last two days! and I expected it to go up at least that much as its my TOM!!! I dont know whats going on, but I like it ;)

I love when that happens! :happy:
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Hey guys! Just wanted you to know that I changed my username (formerly AButler4588) so there is no confusion.

Also, I did not crash and burn tonight as I expected. It is now midnight and I didn't eat anything after my workout.... just drank a ton of water. I tried something new today to help with this week's challenge. Breakfast was my biggest meal today, and it actually really helped! I usually eat very low calorie breakfasts and lunches bc I am so worried about needing the calories later on in the day, but I felt pleasantly full all day today. I think I will try to make a habit out of this.
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Just wanted you to know that I changed my username (formerly AButler4588) so there is no confusion.

Also, I did not crash and burn tonight as I expected. It is now midnight and I didn't eat anything after my workout.... just drank a ton of water. I tried something new today to help with this week's challenge. Breakfast was my biggest meal today, and it actually really helped! I usually eat very low calorie breakfasts and lunches bc I am so worried about needing the calories later on in the day, but I felt pleasantly full all day today. I think I will try to make a habit out of this.

You know, I've been thinking about doing this, too. I, too, eat most of my calories at dinner. I've been thinking I might feel better for my workouts if I eat more during the day.

Change of subject: You know, my husband hasn't been very supportive of my weight loss - which has surprised me. We both love wine, but I've cut out alcohol completely the last 14 weeks. I make our dinners, so he has to eat healthy and lo-cal with me (actually, I always cook healthy). Still, he's been complaining and pushing me to have wine with him at night (or whatever drink) and complains that he's still hungry (I give him larger portions). I've been trying to get him to go to the gym with me 3 x's a week, but he whines and refuses (he's totally sedentary). I'm just surprised at his attitude. I mean, if I can give up my glass of wine (which I LOVE) - he can certainly have a drink by himself! It isn't forever, but I just really wanted to be focused and serious and stop WISHING I would lose the weight and actually do something about it. You would think he'd be happy that my goal is to be a "Bikini Babe"!!! I was always thin up until we got married - you would think he'd be happy I'm losing the weight and returning to the woman he married!!!??? :grumble:
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

I'm still not doing well with the not eating late. Last night by the time I got home from work and did my workout, it was 7:30!!! So, I quickly threw on a pot of soup and DH and I had that for supper. But, I was not finished until a little after 8. I tried.... And I'm not sure how it will go tonight as I have a yoga class shortly after work. I think that the big thing is that I'm not mindlessly snacking in the evening though. And I am making sure that supper is that much more healthy if I have to eat late.
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Change of subject: You know, my husband hasn't been very supportive of my weight loss - which has surprised me. We both love wine, but I've cut out alcohol completely the last 14 weeks. I make our dinners, so he has to eat healthy and lo-cal with me (actually, I always cook healthy). Still, he's been complaining and pushing me to have wine with him at night (or whatever drink) and complains that he's still hungry (I give him larger portions). I've been trying to get him to go to the gym with me 3 x's a week, but he whines and refuses (he's totally sedentary). I'm just surprised at his attitude. I mean, if I can give up my glass of wine (which I LOVE) - he can certainly have a drink by himself! It isn't forever, but I just really wanted to be focused and serious and stop WISHING I would lose the weight and actually do something about it. You would think he'd be happy that my goal is to be a "Bikini Babe"!!! I was always thin up until we got married - you would think he'd be happy I'm losing the weight and returning to the woman he married!!!??? :grumble:

I hope that everything ends up working out for you. Remember that you are doing this for you! Have you talked to your hubby and explained everything like you have to us? Maybe he doesn't even notice he's doing it. Sometimes my hubby tries to sabotage me (not on purpose) and I just remind him why I can't do or eat certain things and he is back on board. He quite often forgets that I am trying to change my ways, since things have always been the same for so many years before.

We are always here to support you!!!!:flowerforyou: