Bikini Babes

Options
Ok, so I have been on this weight loss journey for a while, and I always like to set goals for myself, with a time limit. I have joined a group where we are aiming for Christmas, but I just got to thinking. What am I going to do in the new year? I need another goal...

So, welcome to "Bikini Babes". The goal date for this group is the first day of summer - June 21, 2010. Now, because it is called Bikini Babes, it does not mean that you will have to wear a bikini! I just know that I am usually the most paranoid about my weight, due to hot weather and less clothing. (Plus,. I would LOVE to look good in a bikini this year - just my goal :laugh: )

Ideas for the group:
Every week we have a weigh in
Every week we have a new challenge
Great way to meet new people and make friends
Wonderful way of support!

So, since I am starting this group on Saturday, the main weigh in day will be Saturday. (you can weigh in any other day if you'd like though). Then we will take the % lost, and the winner will create the challenge for the next week.

Sound good? Please join me!

I'll start....
SW-175
CW-156
GW-135 ish

Replies

• AmandaB4588
    Options
    This is an excellent goal! I am 21 years old and have always wanted to be able to wear a bikini! Also, I am planning a trip to Hawaii next summer so this is just perfect for me. I am in!

CW--- 162.8
    GW--- 135 for now
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I could always use another group to motivate me. Especially one aiming for bikinis! I haven't worn a bikini since I was 10/11! :laugh:

SW - 193
    CW - 179
    GW - 130
    Summer Goal: 150
  • sarahricks
    sarahricks Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey I'd love to join you guys. I'm a bit higher than the rest of you but I think I can do it.
    SW 225
    CW 212
    GW 150
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Great idea!! I have my goals mapped out so that I can be about 150 by the end of June.. so that's perfect for joining this group!! I've NEVER been able to wear a bikini, not even when I was younger because I've always been overweight. But I've came a long way and I'm planning to get married in September... have to look good for the wedding and I need all the inspiration I can get!

SW: 245
    CW: 203
    GW: 155
  • nakrya
    nakrya Posts: 191
    Options
    This is a great idea. I'm planning a trip next summer as well. While I have no desire to wear a bikini (never have and don't think I'd be comfortable in one!) I think the support and yes, some inspiration will really help.

SW:172
    CW:169
    GW:150
  • Luke93
    Luke93 Posts: 35
    Options
    I know I should want to lose weight to be healthy, but to be perfectly honest my main goal is a BIKINI. I have been overweight my entire life and have never worn one. So seeing this thread got me very excited! I would love to join you guys in this. I have never been a part of a group before, but I am so ready for this.

SW: 174.4
    CW: 137.4
    GW: 115
  • rachelmommy1
    Options
    Still got room for one more? A day late and a dollar short, right?
    I need new motivation after the joke of a month I had for october. My goal has always been "to look good in a bikini one day".....I haven't worn one since I was a little kid. I'd love to go to the water park or the pool without a gaudy coverup. So i'm in!

SW:184
    CW: 179
    GW: 115
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that you have all joined :smile:

I was thinking that it would be neat if everyone wanted to take a picture of themselves now to save for summer. Then on June 21, we can post our before and after shots in the group. If you would like to do this? I just think that it would be fun to see the results.

So, for week 1 I think we will start off with a semi-easy challenge

Week 1 Challenge:Drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday

Good luck everyone! And don't forget to come back from time to time through the week and let us all know how you are doing with the challenge, food, exercise, life, anything!:smile:

PS: There is still room if anyone would like to join us!
  • chantybear
    Options
    Can I join? :smile: I am not new to MFP, stopped logging a few months ago.....I need to get back on track, because I keep eating crap and feeling like it. I just got married last month, and do not want to let myself go!

SW:145 (last year)
    CW:135
    GW:130...all depends on how I feel!
  • savvystephy
    Options
    I'm so glad that you have all joined :smile:

I was thinking that it would be neat if everyone wanted to take a picture of themselves now to save for summer. Then on June 21, we can post our before and after shots in the group. If you would like to do this? I just think that it would be fun to see the results.

So, for week 1 I think we will start off with a semi-easy challenge

Week 1 Challenge:Drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday

Good luck everyone! And don't forget to come back from time to time through the week and let us all know how you are doing with the challenge, food, exercise, life, anything!:smile:

PS: There is still room if anyone would like to join us!

Water challenge sounds good, as I need to get my butt back into gear on that. :laugh: I already have pictures of me at the current weight, so I'm all set for before/after pictures. :wink: Great idea.
  • rachelmommy1
    Options
    Great idea about the before and after pics...........scary though lol.......but all worth it if i meet my goals! As for the water, i'm doing good...i'm already working on my second quart! LOL

YAY! I'm revved and ready to go!!!!!!!!!!
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    I have been taking before pics IN the bikini I want to be able to wear by then end of this challenge, so that works out good. But, I wouldn't post them right now for anything:blushing: - I doubt I'll care so much when I actually fit into it correctly, though lol.

I'm also very excited about this group and I'm 3/4 of the way done with my water for the day!
  • Pattyisgr8
    Pattyisgr8 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you guys!!! I'm also doing a Christmas challenge, but I want to keep my momentum going after the holidays.

SW: 206
    CW: 177
    GW:140 (or less, I'll see when I get there!)

My water has been way off recently so a water challenge rocks for me! Great idea w/ the before/ after picks too!
  • schlieffen
    Options
    I'd also love to join you guys! June 2010 will be my 1 year anniversary of joining MFP, and I hope to be at my goal weight and be fit and healthy by then. And of course, ready to rock a bikini over the summer! :wink:

SW 182.4
    CW 145.2 (I've actually lost 3 lbs in the last 2-3 days because of the flu.. so I'll probably be gaining that back once I'm back eating normal foods on a regular schedule)
    GW 130 (or less)

I like the idea of the before/after pictures.. I'll get right on that!
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Before and after pics are a great idea, and I just poured myself a huge glass of water! Good luck this week, everybody!
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the newcomers! :smile: Always the more, the merrier!

I'm so glad everyone likes the idea of the before and after pictures. I'm going to get DH to take one of me this afternoon. And I am like others, I wouldn't post it now for anything, but I know that once I reach my goal, it will be great to see that I took control and changed me!

I'm doing pretty good with the water. I am about halfway through, and I should be able to get it all in this afternoon and evening.

I hope everyone's having a great day:flowerforyou:
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    I don't know if we were going to post daily on the challenges, but I thought I would anyway.
    Now, I don't really know how I managed to do it, but I have drank 128 oz. of water today!!! :noway: Yay me! And I still have about 250 calories left but I'm not hungry at all. I burned about 530 off today doing Ultimate Tae-Bo. Hopefully this will help out for my weigh in later this week. Good luck to all of you for a very successful upcoming week!
  • Pattyisgr8
    Pattyisgr8 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I got all of my water in too! But only the 64 oz, great job Lisa 128oz is crazy awesome!!:drinker:
  • savvystephy
    Options
    I am pretty sure I got all my water in since I have to use the restroom every 30-60 minutes. :laugh: That's good for me since I have been pretty bad about water intake the last couple weeks. :smile:
  • det3386
    det3386 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My name is Diana and I would like to join also! I am new to MFP and would love to be a part of this group!

SW: 170
    GW:145/150