Insanity or p90x results/ pics??

Options

Replies

• run2jeepn
    run2jeepn Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    p90x, Insanity, Tapout etc...

These are all pretty much the same thing. Just wrapped up in a different package with different people.

With that said... They do work for cutting or dropping weight. When stacked with a good Diet.

One of these really isn't better then other.
  • lrivera85
    lrivera85 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I Love Insanity and p90x I have done 3 rounds of insanity and one of p90x. I have also done a round of turbofire which I loved as well. This was over a year of work. With insanity I did not lose much weight I did however get a lot of definition, i lost most of my weight with turbofire.
    weightloss1.jpg
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love p90x. The first week was awful and hard (even though I was already in pretty good shape to begin with) - but once I got in the routine and started to force myself into it - I'm totally addicted. I'm able to do things that I never thought that I would be able to do, e.g. dozens of successive pushups (when I could only do them on my knees to begin with!), ridiculous ab exercises, and a hell of a yoga routine.

It's the best mix of everything and there's always room for improvement.

I'd send some pics but my day one pictures got deleted (HUGE SAD FACE)...but I can tell you I've never had abs before in my life as much as I've wanted them...and now I do on WEEK EIGHT!

I'm not following the nutrition plan - but I'm following a macronutrient ratio of 60% carbs, 25% protein, and 15% fat.
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I dont have any results but my Brother just got done with p90x and has amazing results. I have p90x but when i was about 50lbs heavier i tried it 1 day and it was too hard but i think i am going to start it now. I have grown much stronger from CHX so i think i can do it. I heard it sheds alot of inches and helps with muscle so its the best of both worlds for me! I also LOVE my turbo fire! Good luck!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    my profile pic is after a round of p90x... i started on insanity but as of yesterday my 3rd week i've had to pull back due to back pain..
  • p90x, Insanity, Tapout etc...

These are all pretty much the same thing. Just wrapped up in a different package with different people.

With that said... They do work for cutting or dropping weight. When stacked with a good Diet.

One of these really isn't better then other.

That helps my decision a little thank you for the advice
  • CatSummer
    CatSummer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I did p90x and I LOVED IT!!
    Here is a link to my result pictures...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/605301-p90x-day-60-pictures
  • Mctree20
    Mctree20 Posts: 137
    Options
    Bump.
  • Hi,

I did p90x and I LOVED IT!!
    Here is a link to my result pictures...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/605301-p90x-day-60-pictures

WOW you look amazing!!! I may rethink insanity and go for p90x
  • I am a p90x user- - - - I have heard insanity is good, but p90x has melted away my inches!!!!! I love it!!!!!

You look great,too!
  • Kal_n_130
    Kal_n_130 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just might have to try this! My problem is doing a dvd work out day after day...
  • mstclair03
    mstclair03 Posts: 151
    Options
    I've done both (no pics, sorry!), and I find that Insanity is better to amp up your cardio, while P90x is a better strength tool. Don't get me wrong, you still get great cardio workouts with P90X (Cardio X, Plyometrics, etc.) and vice versa with Insanity (Cardio Power & Resistance). I definitely saw more muscle definition after P90x, and my cardio is definitely getting a kick in the pants with Insanity. You could do a hybrid workout to get the best of both worlds! They are both pretty extreme workouts!! Good luck to you!
  • run2jeepn
    run2jeepn Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'd like to add one thing. These Video's are great for dropping Weight, but they will not Build enough Muscle to Shape your body. At first they might, but will quickly plateau. Unless you add some sort of resistant training along with enough protein. Ones Body shape wont change much.

Not trying to take away from the 100's of Before and After Pic's... But many of them look sick and weak. Very few look Strong, Toned and in shape. They might be skinny, but it's the wrong kind of Skinny. IMO (But still better then being over weight)
  • cjudesaenz
    cjudesaenz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I just started insanity, Im on day three!!!... and you know what I feel pretty good, sore (THE BOTTOMS OF MY FEET ARE SORE), but I feel different, its most likely the endorphins pumping through my body because im not sure if you can feel a change in just three days... lol... but either way Iam enjoying it, I cant do all the exercises yet but at least i try them and i do it to the best of my ability... Girl, i think whatever program you choose will do you nothing but good, it's all up to you to want to do it!!!!...
  • randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I just might have to try this! My problem is doing a dvd work out day after day...

No sure about P90X but with Insanity it rotates through dvd workouts so it's not the same thing each day. I think there is a set of 13 DVD's total in my deluxe kit.
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 35 of p90x and I love it!!! I haven't drop much weight but I'm gettIng more toned!!
  • onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! Did you follow the meal plan too?

No i just followed my own diet Hight Protein Low Carbs and hit my calories. If you put in the effort and really push yourself these are the results you get.

Great work man :) May I ask what your macros are or total grams of carbs/fat/protein you hit?
  • onikonor
    Options
    I Love Insanity and p90x I have done 3 rounds of insanity and one of p90x. I have also done a round of turbofire which I loved as well. This was over a year of work. With insanity I did not lose much weight I did however get a lot of definition, i lost most of my weight with turbofire.
    weightloss1.jpg

Nice before and after :)
  • onikonor
    Options
    I'd like to add one thing. These Video's are great for dropping Weight, but they will not Build enough Muscle to Shape your body. At first they might, but will quickly plateau. Unless you add some sort of resistant training along with enough protein. Ones Body shape wont change much.

Not trying to take away from the 100's of Before and After Pic's... But many of them look sick and weak. Very few look Strong, Toned and in shape. They might be skinny, but it's the wrong kind of Skinny. IMO (But still better then being over weight)

Like you pointed out the important thing is they get people active, improve endurance, and help people drop fat. I see why you might want to add resistance training afterwards though.
  • Zara150
    Zara150 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Ok here is the thing!
    With INSANITY you don't use weights, ONLY your body weight! you lose pounds and you are getting tight EVERYWHERE. It helps to boost your metabolism and it stays that way for a looong time (if you don't pig out)
    With P90X you use weights, you get more muscles, BUT if you quit you gonna go back and I'm afraid you'll get a worse body :( So you have to do it all your life I guess,,,, BUT you will see results really quick and you will get bulky. So it's your decision.

My husband and I chose INSANITY, he lost 30 pounds, I lost 17. It was the best decision ever. I just dont like weights cuz I used to do that and after I quit my hands were so flabby like of an old woman ewww. plus, We stopped INSANITY like 2 months ago but I still got my tight body plus the crazy metabolism. My picture is the result of INSANITY and my husband is in my friends Airman42 you can have a look. GOOD LUCK with whatever u choose!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!