Pizza (or, Things I'll Never Give Up)

Options

Replies

• Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Pizza, ice cream, italian food. I haven't given up most of the things I love. I have changed how much or the type of foods I eat... I will choose frozen yogurt over ice cream, thin crust pizza over thick, etc. I am not feeling deprived at all.

The one thing Idid give up completely was soft drinks. I loved an ice cold coke. I haven't had one in over a year. Never did like diet pop. Now I prefer water with lemon, or coffee, over any other drink.
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time giving up bagels. I love my whole wheat Chompie's bagels. Even having them I'm still low in my calories and carbs, so I am going to keep enjoying my bagel in the morning :)
  • GambinoGirl
    GambinoGirl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Beer!
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I refuse to deprive myself of my favorite things. However, I will not let myself go back to how it used to be. So I allow myself to have a bite if I want, or even a little bit more but I need to earn it. If I do my exercise and I still want that item, then I go for it. If its my lazy day and I didn't do much? nope... will just wait another day.

I know myself to well. If I make sure I am not around it then I want it even more and it becomes an overwhelming urge and then it spirals out of control. So knowing its ok for me to have a little taste of something I am able to say no, I can have it later.
  • CJMomma87
    CJMomma87 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I will never give up cheese! Believe me, I've tried. Luckily, I've learned to like the light stuff. Everytime I go to my friends place, he's on the paleo diet and eats cheese with friggen EVERYTHING, and its the good stuff too. Oh em gee, I love brie. (rhyme unintentional, haha)
    Also, buffalo sauce. It doesn't even have to be on chicken wings! It's about 3 days worth of sodium in one go, but there are worse things to be addicted to. :happy:
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I had pizza tonight.

It was homemade and I got to eat an entire half a pizza, for only 577 calories. And it was really, really delicious.

Personally, I'll never give up french fries.
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I've seen it firsthand. People saying there's no such thing as a healthy diet that includes pizza...only not as nicely worded. I completely agree with you about not cutting out what you love. If you expect to maintain this lifestyle you've got to be realistic. I would never give up chocolate (I've just switched to dark over milk) and I've gone from meat lover's pizza to a thin crust with feta cheese, ham, chicken, green peppers and tomatoes. It tastes great, is high in protein and you can eat like the whole thing without wrecking your diet.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything except regular soda, but now I just try practice more moderation. My weekly things turned into bi-weekly things, and I'm not missing them. In my mind, the taste of good food only lasts a few minutes, but my improving health and money savings last a lot longer....

Not a bad attitude to adopt
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    The two things I actually have given up are peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches and white bread. I stiell will have some PB on some nice whole grain bread or PB and Graham crackers but I like PB and J sandwiches on some nice white italian bread wayyyy to much. So I have given it up all together. Everything else is in moderation, Ice Cream (well moderation sometimes), Cookies, Cake ect ect and when I do indulge it is not every evening maybe once a week ior even once a month except for ice cream If yo u have not noticed I got a thing for Ice Cream. Specially Hudsonville Deer Trax or Peanutbutter twist so I just dont buy it too often. Also for the most part I have given up all fast food maybe once every 3 or 4 months maybe.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Chips and salsa at the Mexican rest.

This so hard. Also, chocolate. And cookies.
  • twocsmom
    twocsmom Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Pizza, Ice Cream, Cookies, Brownies, Cheeseburgers...I haven't given up a single thing and I've managed to lose 65 pounds. Everything in moderation...
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Alcohol. Crown Reserve, specifically.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Fun Dip
    Wine
    Taco Bell
    Sushi (although really not terrible...)
    Tator tots
    All varieties of hot dish.
  • michaela531
    michaela531 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    FRENCH FRIES!!! Oh God, I'll NEVER give up some good, crispy French fries. Ever. Not ever.
  • Pamtime22
    Pamtime22 Posts: 4
    Options
    I will not give up pizza and ice cream once in awhile (especially on Monday's and Tuesday's when I babysit my grandaughters who are 6 and 8. Those are the days of the week when pizza and ice cream are allowed. However, we serve sugar-free low-fat ice cream and I am allowed only 1 piece of pizza and a child's scoop of ice cream. It really is a kind of mindset for me. :laugh:
  • rebrcca3434
    Options
    I won't give anything up. I might eat smaller portion or eat things less frequently. This is a lifestyle change. I'm not going to give up pizza, fast food, chips, candy, holiday treats for the rest of my life. I'm going to incorporate a lot more fruits, veggies, lean meat and so forth in my diet. But I'm not going to say never eat Doritos again......Maybe that's not really the spirit of the post but oh we'll :)
  • bestshiratakinoodles
    Options
    i also love pizza..its a wonderful man made thing. !!
  • shrez
    shrez Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Chocolate.........
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly certain that a life without pizza is not a life worth living. At least for me.
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I dont think we should give up anything, just moderate how much we have of it. The diet I'm doing (this time around) is the "Everything in Moderation Diet". lol, not really, thats just what I'm calling my lifestyle change, I'm eating what I enjoy and not going overboard, I am subbing some things for more healthy alternatives, like whole wheat and leaner meats, for me its a lifestyle change I can live with. Dont give up the things you enjoy, thats just torture!