whats your favourite book /character

Options

Replies

• jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Drizzt

Interesting Fact. Drizzt was originally supposed to be a side character, but took on a life of his own once Salvatore started writing about him. Gotta love Drizzt. I agree. He is an awesome character.

Ive herd that. I miss his companions though. Did you read the graphic novel that came out?
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Drizzt

Interesting Fact. Drizzt was originally supposed to be a side character, but took on a life of his own once Salvatore started writing about him. Gotta love Drizzt. I agree. He is an awesome character.

Ive herd that. I miss his companions though. Did you read the graphic novel that came out?

I didn't...might have to. Reading the Green Rider series, then might look into that :).
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Ayla

Clan of the Cave Bear
    Valley of the Horses
    The Mammoth Hunters
    Plains of Passage
    Shelters of Stone
    The Land of Painted Caves

I was going to say Ayla, but made sure to read through and make sure someone else didn't say it.

I would put Anita Blake on here, if it weren't for Hamilton's annoying habit of insisting that that you can't be a woman if you are under a size five, really ignorant of her.

Edited to add: Alya was way more badass than Anita ever will be anyway.
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    No WOT junkies on here? I'm shocked!
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    Harry Dresden

The Dresden Files..by Jim Butcher...14 books and counting

Also...Owen Z. Pitt....Monster Hunter International
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    i love reading especially a good series of books but my favourite of all time is the reacher books by lee child
    JACK REACHER

Name: Jack Reacher (no middle name)
    Born: October 29th
    Measurements: 6'5", 220-250 lbs., 50" chest
    Hair: Dirty-blond
    Eyes: Ice blue
    Clothing: 3XLT coat, 95 cm. pants' inseam
    in my minds eye he is the perfect man lol
    the second best books are the charlie parker series of books by john connelly
    charlie parker is a ex cop become private dectective and although they are gruesome in parts also quite funny as he as 2 hired assasins a big black guy called louis and is partner in more ways than one angel makes for really good reading :smile: :smile:

All the above/..

And also Simon Scarrow with the roman series...Characters Macro and Cato...
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving

Name: Owen Meany
  • wholenewme03
    wholenewme03 Posts: 95 Member
    Options

I just finished this book and I love John Irving and I absolutely fell in love with this character.
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options

I just finished this book and I love John Irving and I absolutely fell in love with this character.

I also named my oldest son Owen... :smile:
  • m1nky
    m1nky Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Summer reading list bookmarked!
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    The Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon.
    Fave character Ash or Simi

Anything by Anne Mccaffrey, alhough I can read the dragonriders series over and over (and have) Best character - Moreta
  • je551caDan13ls
    Options
    Ayla

Clan of the Cave Bear
    Valley of the Horses
    The Mammoth Hunters
    Plains of Passage
    Shelters of Stone
    The Land of Painted Caves

I was going to say Ayla, but made sure to read through and make sure someone else didn't say it.

I would put Anita Blake on here, if it weren't for Hamilton's annoying habit of insisting that that you can't be a woman if you are under a size five, really ignorant of her.

Edited to add: Alya was way more badass than Anita ever will be anyway.

So True, Anita has all sorts of weapons to help...Ayla...only the sling...she is such a BADASS!
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    DT series.
    Roland Deschain.

Close second is Aileen Ritter, though she was only in the graphic novels and mentioned briefly in the actual series.
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Just saw today, new Lee Child Jack Reacher short story is going to be available for ebooks only in july!
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    These all sound very exciting answers but to be TOTALLY honest, my favourite book/character is Paddington Bear. :smile:
  • melanie3103
    melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Currently Christian Grey!!! ;)
  • TheDreadPirateRoberts
    TheDreadPirateRoberts Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    The Dread Pirate Roberts in the Princess Bride.. anythign else would be... inconceivable ;)

Actually thats more of a film (though I have read the book). Favourite book is Lord of the Rings and favourite character in that was probably the Witchking of Angmar.
  • ssilvey726
    ssilvey726 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Some great answers in here.

My favorites include Charles Bukowski's Henry Chinaski. I like the candid honestly, whether he's acting like a prick, a drunkard, or one one of the rare occasions he's acting like a decent fellow.

I'm currently reading A Game of Thrones series, and really enjoy Arya Stark's character.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Some great answers in here.

My favorites include Charles Bukowski's Henry Chinaski. I like the candid honestly, whether he's acting like a prick, a drunkard, or one one of the rare occasions he's acting like a decent fellow.

I'm currently reading A Game of Thrones series, and really enjoy Arya Stark's character.

Makes me inordinately happy to see other Bukowski fans out there :)
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm a person who usually has my nose buried in a book any time I have a free moment, so it's a tough choice. Instead of seeing the movie, I'm reading The Hunger Game series. Granted, it's intended for a younger audience, but there's just enough conspiracy and gore to keep a grown up interested. They all play such good roles, couldn't pick just one character. Kay Scarpetta from Patricia Cornwells Scarpetta series is pretty good too.