tips for helping drink water

Options
sweetp809
sweetp809 Posts: 15 Member
I'm not big on drinking water, so i need some tips to help me do this.
I use the Mio energy (green bottle) any other good add-ins you would recommend or tips would be helpful.

Replies

• MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Cut out sugary and or carbonated drinks and you will likely crave water more.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Me either!!!! Now I average 2 litres a day easy.....

I add sugarfree juice/squash and I buy sparkling water! Infact my juice collection is rather extensive it now has it's own cupboard! I also drink tea, coffee, herbal tea, green tea, etc....hot chocolate.... : )
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I add fruit to my water... cut a cucumber and put it in, gives it a little burst of something sweet! You coulod do this with just about any fruit too.... :)

I also like MIO (ps wal-mart has this too but there own bramd $1 cheaper) :)
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I get the 3L + Deer Park jugs from the grocery store.......Drink one each day before you are "allowed" to drink anything else.
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I make myself drink two water bottles before I add anything to them. Then I'll add half a packet of Crystal Light Cherry Pomegranate, OMG SOOO good! Then add another bottle, before you know it you have hit at minimum Your 8 glasses a day. :) I hope this helps. Sounds silly but sometimes drinking out of a straw makes it more bearable.
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I like the sparkling waters, or I'll add Mio (though NOT the green :sick: ) to my water bottle
  • hekele
    hekele Posts: 5
    Options
    i drink first thing in the morning and in the late afternoon always.
  • Telugammayi87
    Telugammayi87 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Just force yourself to do it at first... then you will crave it and nothing else will satisfy you!
  • clickswishjen
    Options
    Drinking water isn't such a big deal for me. But oh my goodness, I'm having to "go" all the time. I'm getting about 6 cups a day. I'm afraid to ramp it up to 8. Am I over hydrated?
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I don't recommend any add ins but I do recommend investing in a plastic tumbler with a straw. For whatever reason, having the see through tumbler and straw makes all the difference for me drinking water. I now drink at least 5 full 32oz tumblers of water a day!
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I put times on my bottle with stickers lol!... Have to drink to a certain point by a certain time.. its working... drinking more the 2 litres a day now :).
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Drinking water isn't such a big deal for me. But oh my goodness, I'm having to "go" all the time. I'm getting about 6 cups a day. I'm afraid to ramp it up to 8. Am I over hydrated?

Nope. I go often too. Once your body gets used to lots of water and hydration, you don't have to go quite as frequently. At least I found that I didn't. But, it's healthy to get all those toxins out of your system!
  • FungusTrooper
    FungusTrooper Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I just always make sure I have water available. As soon as I finish my cup I fill it again. If I go out I take a bottle. A lot more likely to drink it if it's right there.
  • TokenFatGirlNoMore
    Options
    I don't like flavored water. What I did was bought a 32 oz water bottle with a straw in it, and I just gulp away mindlessly while I'm on the computer. I try to drink at least 3 liters a day. I also find it's easier when the water is only slightly cold, I'm sensitive to ice water.
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I don't recommend any add ins but I do recommend investing in a plastic tumbler with a straw. For whatever reason, having the see through tumbler and straw makes all the difference for me drinking water. I now drink at least 5 full 32oz tumblers of water a day!

I drink 128+ oz. of water every day - plain water with nothing added. I've never had an issue drinking water, but certainly using a straw helps drink more of anything faster than sipping, and I also highly recommend naturally flavored seltzers (make sure you check the labels - you want 0's all the way down the label and only "carbonated water. natural flavor" in the ingredients.
  • tehdux0r
    tehdux0r Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have a 32oz glass with a straw in it at my desk, and if I ever get bored or have a craving, I just place that in front of me. I get 2-3 of those glasses easily every day.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Use a clean glass or cup.
    Fill from the tap by holding the glass under the faucet and opening the Cold water valve
    Be careful not to overfill. When drinking receptacle is nearly full, shut off the cold water valve.

This next part can be done sitting down or standing up. If you are just starting out, we recommend sitting down in order to avoid injury.

Hold glass with the hand of your choice and in a slow, steady motion, raise it until the rim of the glass is level with your lips.
    Press the rim to your lips
    Tilt the glass toward you until water enters your mouth. It will take some practice and finesse to get the right amount of tilt.
    Tilt the glass back again so that it is perpendicular to the ground
    Swallow the water
    Repeat the previous 3 steps until the glass is empty.

If desired, the glass can be "refilled", and the whole process repeated. Stay tuned for my 3-part series, "Water Refills. Fluid Dynamics and Hydration Made Easy", where I will cover refills in depth.
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    One thing that worked for me was cutting a small orange/tangerine into four slices each day and adding one slice each time I filled my 16oz glass with water. By the end of the day, I'd make sure to have used all four to get 64oz of water in. Now I'm used to drinking more water, I just add a splash of fruit juice each time, but the oranges made it more fun to count!
  • mia_1980
    mia_1980 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    having a frozen water bottle defrosting on my nightstand works for me. Im extremely thirsty when I wake up so this is the first thing I see. I also found drinking through a straw helps alot.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I put times on my bottle with stickers lol!... Have to drink to a certain point by a certain time.. its working... drinking more the 2 litres a day now :).

I sort of do this too! I have a 32oz Nalgene (its awesome) and I try to drink 1 full bottle by my lunch hour at work, another full bottle before my second break, and another 1/2 at the gym or before I go to bed. I really don't have time to drink much of anything else..

Good luck! :flowerforyou: