CrossFit Diet

Options
1235»

Replies

• Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I've been crossfitting for a couple of years and I agree with many of the negative and positives comments here.

A crossfit WOD is not a Les Mills class, its not something where people should just rock up to any old random session during the week, with no regard for programming, that's when you get injured.

I also think that groups shouldn't be more that 8 people to a trainer (less if the WOD has olys), thats how you get injured.

If you are struggling to afford just the CF membership then you won't be able to afford additional one-on-ones or technique sessions, you will end up injured.

However, things that bug me... the lame, boring old kipping arguement.. get an education. There are actually quite a few gymnastic movements used in CF that are perfectly safe if taught properly. Toes to bar, muscle-ups, kip-chins, butterfly pullups etc, to out of the box assume they are unsafe is to say that no one should ever do aerial gymnastics. Also as for oly lifting, CF has been the start of many people's oly careers. In fact I know 2 people locally who run their own CF boxs who recently placed at the Australian champs.

Be smart, do your homework, listen to your body and leave if you think the box is *kitten*, it really could be.

As for Paleo, they used to mostly push the Zone, then went Paleo. You don't have to do it though.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I have to do more research. I feel like I don't understand CrossFit. I thought it was more like military training. But it sounds more like Olympic lifting training. If you read their website, they claim that it's more like military special ops training.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I have to do more research. I feel like I don't understand CrossFit. I thought it was more like military training. But it sounds more like Olympic lifting training. If you read their website, they claim that it's more like military special ops training.

It was the way they worked out in specwar when I was stationed with them.