• soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    WTG you sure did make it. I know you are proud of yourself

I'm slightly delirious :tongue:
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Thanks for posting this, it's inspirational. I intended to start earlier this year but got delayed for various reasons. Can't wait to start though!
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

What did you do when you completed it? I'm a little nervous about not having a program. I am traveling abroad in August so I plan to keep running for 30 minutes etc and then when I get back I want to do a 5k somewhere local and then I'm not sure where to go after that.
    [/quote]

Way to Go! I started c25k last fall but struggled around w5 and gave up. Was off the wagon through the winter but started running again in Feb.

I completed my first 5k race last Sat in 39min :) I was totally beating myself up at the half way when I had to walk for a bit but was pleased as punch to run across the finish line.

For the last several weeks, I have been mixing up my running activities. On mondays, I go to a sand quary near our house and run up and down hills. It sounds much tougher than it is 'cause I only go up for about 30sec and sometimes walk back down. On wed, I take our Doberman for a short, fast run. Today we did 1.55miles in 16min. On Fri, I've been doing a c25k adaption. Last week, I did w4d2 but then ran 1mile continuously at the end to get back home. It's a 3.2mile loop that I was using to get ready for the race.

Since you can do 30min continuously, try doing some shorter runs that incorporate speed and/or incline intervals. It will help build up your strength and get you through those 3.1miles.

Best of luck with your continued running!
  • Devona14
    Devona14 Posts: 171
    Options
    WTG you sure did make it. I know you are proud of yourself

I'm slightly delirious :tongue:
    You should be! This is quite an accomplishment!
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are going to start together-I actually posted a topic yesterday about wanting to run and asking for assistance with starting-almost everyone mentioned C25K-so we are jumping into the pool! onward MFP nation!
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *confetti* *fireworks* *streamers* good job :):)

There's a bridge to 10K program you can do, this site has a breakdown of it if you scroll down: http://blog.bluefinapps.com/about-bridge-to-10k/

when I graduate c25k I'm buying this app: https://www.zombiesrungame.com/ :) I can't wait!
  • jporte
    jporte Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am doing the C25K also....now on W5D3 and I'm loving running!
  • soontobesam
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *confetti* *fireworks* *streamers* good job :):)

There's a bridge to 10K program you can do, this site has a breakdown of it if you scroll down: http://blog.bluefinapps.com/about-bridge-to-10k/

when I graduate c25k I'm buying this app: https://www.zombiesrungame.com/ :) I can't wait!

Best party ever!!! :drinker:

I was pondering doing that... I think i'm gunna :glasses:

And I am going to check out that app!
  • soontobesam
    Options
    Congrats! I am doing the C25K also....now on W5D3 and I'm loving running!

Thank you! Keep running - you'll be done in no time!
  • soontobesam
    Options
    My husband and I are going to start together-I actually posted a topic yesterday about wanting to run and asking for assistance with starting-almost everyone mentioned C25K-so we are jumping into the pool! onward MFP nation!

Everyone mentioned it because it is AWESOME! lol

Definitely use it as your jumping off point but don't be scared to make some changes that you need for yourself. Some people start using it and realize they are pretty good at running so they jump up a week or whatever and other people repeat weeks or do additional days each week (like me) to help them over the hump before the next week.

Make sure you get good shoes!! Good luck
  • soontobesam
    Options

What did you do when you completed it? I'm a little nervous about not having a program. I am traveling abroad in August so I plan to keep running for 30 minutes etc and then when I get back I want to do a 5k somewhere local and then I'm not sure where to go after that.
    [/quote]

Way to Go! I started c25k last fall but struggled around w5 and gave up. Was off the wagon through the winter but started running again in Feb.

I completed my first 5k race last Sat in 39min :) I was totally beating myself up at the half way when I had to walk for a bit but was pleased as punch to run across the finish line.

For the last several weeks, I have been mixing up my running activities. On mondays, I go to a sand quary near our house and run up and down hills. It sounds much tougher than it is 'cause I only go up for about 30sec and sometimes walk back down. On wed, I take our Doberman for a short, fast run. Today we did 1.55miles in 16min. On Fri, I've been doing a c25k adaption. Last week, I did w4d2 but then ran 1mile continuously at the end to get back home. It's a 3.2mile loop that I was using to get ready for the race.

Since you can do 30min continuously, try doing some shorter runs that incorporate speed and/or incline intervals. It will help build up your strength and get you through those 3.1miles.

Best of luck with your continued running!
    [/quote]

ooh la la, I love it! Sand quarry runs? You are way too bad *kitten* for me!! :noway:

I love your adaptions - definitely going to mix up some runs and see if I can't get in some faster times and build my way up. Thank you!!
  • lisaslim1976
    lisaslim1976 Posts: 145
    Options
    Well done!!! Im just about to start week 5 and its hard going...but I wont give up....thanks for the inspiration to keep at it!! x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!