3 sliced oranges
    1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
    12 ounces sierra mist free

Directions
    slice the oranges
    put orange slices and berries into pitcher
    pour wine over fruit
    add sierra mist

for best results, soak wine and fruit together for a few hours before adding Soda

Number of Servings: 6

Think I will try this with white wine. Can't handle red wine and I have heard white has fewer calories! YUM!!

I'm with you. Red Wine knocks me on my *kitten* quick and I don't really like it, but give me a class of Moscato and I'm happy as can be.
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I want to try the white cranberry cosmo so bad! I like the skinnygirl margarita but it's a little sweet for me...the only thing that bugs me is that they aren't SUPER skinny...you can make your own cocktails for lower calories! :drinker:
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I've tried the SG red wine, sangria, vodka and cosmo. The reason they are low cal is because they have lower alcohol contents. The vodka, for instance, is only 60 proof, while other vodkas are 80 proof. That being said, the red wine tasted watered-down to me, the sangria was kind of gross at first, but I added ice to the 2nd glass which made it more drinkable. I do enjoy the vodka (with soda water) and the fact that I can use 1.5 oz as opposed to 1 oz of the regular stuff, as long as I'm not trying to get smashed (I'm not). The cosmo is pretty tasty. I mixed it with soda water as well to dilute the sweetness of it.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    yes, if you water down booze, it will have less calories (and less alcohol).
  • gwyn48
    gwyn48 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The margarita is OK, but as other posters have stated, the Jose Cuervo light margarita is SO-O-O much better.

The margarita is light because she used agave nectar as the sweetner. You can make your own just substituting agave nectar or any of the latest no calorie sweetners.
  • mung222
    mung222 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The wine is a scam. The wine per ounce is the same amount of calories as in normal wine. I drink Yellow tail Merlot and they both have the same amount of calories per ounce. Skinny girl just sells smaller bottles which is how they get away with saying it's less calories.
  • mchull
    mchull Posts: 10
    Options
    Hey there!

I worked at a liquor store for almost 2 years, and a lot of people say that the sangria tastes quite gross.
    A friend and I are hoping to try the cranberry cosmo soon, so here's hoping it tastes good!

I tried the Cranberry Cosmo a few weeks ago. I thought it tasted fine. The calorie content is as low as anythng else I might like to drink so it's a winner on that point as well!
  • sbussard
    sbussard Posts: 32
    Options
    I have tried the sangria and it tastes quite gross.

The cranberry cosmo is pretty darn tasty.

Still think they are like a 100 calories a glass.
  • Anelj
    Anelj Posts: 12
    Options
    I agree...not good! I like Jose Cuervo Light...much better! About the same calories too...and it costs less...bonus!! lol :drinker:

I agree the JC Light is much better than the skinny girl margarita......I also like the crystal light mojito mix with a little white rum....the mint flavor is so delish!
  • sonniedee
    sonniedee Posts: 26
    Options
    I've had the margarita, the white peach margarita, the cranberry cosmo, and the pina colada and I LOVE them!!! Over ice, they are fabulous!!
  • SylentZee
    SylentZee Posts: 262
    Options
    I'm not going to lie, I've thought about trying the vodka...lol
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I've had the margarita, it's low calorie, what can you expect. It's not the greatest but I suck it up and drink it. It's either that or have more calories and it taste better. Your choice lol
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Voli sounds good, but there are no retailers near me who sell it :sad: :sad:

I don't want my alcohol mixed with artificial sweeteners and crap, thank you very much!
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    I agree...not good! I like Jose Cuervo Light...much better! About the same calories too...and it costs less...bonus!! lol :drinker:

I agree the JC Light is much better than the skinny girl margarita......I also like the crystal light mojito mix with a little white rum....the mint flavor is so delish!

hmmmmm....this just may come in handy with the 4th coming up! Love me a Mojito and I've already got the CL mix! yum yum
  • Dani724
    Dani724 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've tried the Cosmo, Margarita and Pina Colada. Honestly, they're all horrible. I even had my husband try them since I tend to be a little pickier when it comes to alcohol. He thought they were terrible too.
  • KateCon912
    KateCon912 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    The sangria is soooo goood but the margarita and cosmo are too strong for me! I love Skinnygirl! <333
  • monette13
    monette13 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I thought the SG margarita was gross. Not even worth the calories or carbs. I am curious about the pina colada but I don't know if I am curious enough to buy it yet.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Huh, I actually like the SG wines. There are 100 cals per 5 oz...which is less cals than the wine I normally drink by 20 or so. *shrugs