ch-ch-ch-CHIA seeds

Options
2»

Replies

• mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I have started to add them to my yogurt and eggs.

I wonder if I should add them to lime juice and then use it when I make mojitos! '-)
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Love chia seeds in my oatmeal (cold overnight oats or hot oatmeal).
  • LovinLifeChik
    LovinLifeChik Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I just recently heard about these wonderful seeds, and am reading up a storm on their benefits and how to use them. Thanks for this post!
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    Love them!! I recently found a recipe in the Whole Living magazine for chia seed popsicles!!! YUMMO!
  • seamaiden1000
    seamaiden1000 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds hold about 10 times their volume in water so once ingested they swell and keep you full for longer, so an appetite suppressant. They have omega 3, protein, fibre, calcium, B group vitamins, C and more. Also they are easier to store don't go rancid like flaxseeds can, which is why I always keep flaxseed in the fridge.

More often than not my breakfast consists of mixing chia, LSA (ground lindseed, sunflower seed & almonds), psyllium husk, lecithin with some water till gooy, then i add chopped up orange & small apple, mix some more, then add low fat Greek yoghurt with some extra probiotic powder ( to be sure!) and heaps cinnamon sprinkling on top. It is ABSOLUTELY delicious, nutritious, great texture, moist and keeps you going for at least 4 - 5 hours depending on your activity. Drink plenty of water throughout day.
  • MalSponseller
    MalSponseller Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Boyfriend has a bag of these that he bought to make some kind of South American drink with water, chia seed, and lemon juice, I think. You put the chia in the water with lemon and let it sit for a few minutes until the chia gets somewhat gelatinous and then drink it. Rather disgusting, couldn't get over the texture. lol
  • CrystaLight74
    Options
    I need to get some of these gems!
  • skullik
    skullik Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    another bump.... wow! who knew??:love:
  • darkchocolate68
    Options
    I call this my black gold since they are so expensive. I eat them daily. I start out my day with 2 tsp. in my water then I usually add 1 tsp in my food sometime during the day. I bought a 10# bag recently. I don't ever want to run out. I have to say that since I started buying them last August, they keep going up in price. I originally bought them for $4.65 or so a pound and this last time paid $6.66 a pound.
  • dawniee
    dawniee Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    I like it w/lemonade. I add 1 tsp to a gallon of lemonade and drink it cold. Delicious!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    I call this my black gold since they are so expensive. I eat them daily. I start out my day with 2 tsp. in my water then I usually add 1 tsp in my food sometime during the day. I bought a 10# bag recently. I don't ever want to run out. I have to say that since I started buying them last August, they keep going up in price. I originally bought them for $4.65 or so a pound and this last time paid $6.66 a pound.
    Have you checked online? Sometimes they have some great deals and often free shipping. Just a thought:happy:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Chia seeds hold about 10 times their volume in water so once ingested they swell and keep you full for longer, so an appetite suppressant. They have omega 3, protein, fibre, calcium, B group vitamins, C and more. Also they are easier to store don't go rancid like flaxseeds can, which is why I always keep flaxseed in the fridge.

More often than not my breakfast consists of mixing chia, LSA (ground lindseed, sunflower seed & almonds), psyllium husk, lecithin with some water till gooy, then i add chopped up orange & small apple, mix some more, then add low fat Greek yoghurt with some extra probiotic powder ( to be sure!) and heaps cinnamon sprinkling on top. It is ABSOLUTELY delicious, nutritious, great texture, moist and keeps you going for at least 4 - 5 hours depending on your activity. Drink plenty of water throughout day.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Alright, alright, I'll toss some in the oatmeal tomorrow:laugh:

Seriously, I forget all the time how good they are for me. Thanks!:flowerforyou: