What time do you have your 1st and last meal of the day

Options
12346»

Replies

• PennyLorraine
    PennyLorraine Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Weekdays, I usually eat breakfast about 9, then lunch at 12, then supper about 6.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    FYI, meal timing doesn't matter.

meal timing (ie: last meal at xx time or xx amount of hours before bed) doesn't matter.
    but eating healthy and more often does matter, in a sense, as it speeds up your metabolism.

This is a fallacy, I'm afraid.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Why are people skipping breakfast? That is not good. Eating speeds up your metabolism especially eating protein.

This is a myth. Eating breakfast or any other meal has no effect upon metabolism. You may be refering to TEF (Thermic Effect of Food) but that is inconsequential from a metabolic point of view. Very few things affect metabolism in the short term and eating definitly doesn't. If it help you to be more alert, that is your preference. For those that prefer no to eat until later in the day, that is theirs.
  • lorigreg
    lorigreg Posts: 61
    Options
    The title says it all really. But does it matter when you do? We get up around 930am at the moment (have 2 young children so i am sure this will change), i am normally eating breakfast by 10am then we have dinner at 530pm and i sometimes have a snack at 730pm. We go bed around 10/11pm. Just wondering about everyone else? And does it make a difference to your weightloss
  • lorigreg
    lorigreg Posts: 61
    Options
    1st between 8:00 and 9:00. Last between 5:00 and 6:00; however I always end up snacking until about 10:00. Got to get out of that habit or snack on healthier foods. :frown:
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Breakfast around 7:30, usually after biking or running. Dinner around 9, after the sun goes down, and it's too dark to work outside.
  • momto1g1b
    momto1g1b Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    First meal is anytime between 7:30 and 8:30am. Last meal is my post-workout protein shake and peanut butter on toast, typically around 10 or 10:30pm.
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I recently read an article that said your body burns calories optimally if you have 12 hours or more between eating your last meal for the evening and your first meal of the next morning, so I have been trying to do that. Something about the glycogen stores in your body.... wish I could remember where I read it so I could be more clear....

53o a.m. GOOD MORNING
    7 a.m. Banana
    10 a.m. Plain Greek yogurt
    12 pm salad with turkey or chicken
    2 p.m. popcorn
    4 p.m. fruit
    6 p.m dinner (whatever hubby cooks- portion control for calories to finsh day)
    11 p.m. NIGHT NIGHT
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters enough to worry about. I've got enough food related stuff to think about without trying to time it.
  • ladyintheshade
    Options
    Well my rule of thumb for what the best times for eating is simple, but does have its variables. From the time I get up, I don't let a half hour pass without eating my first meal. Just a quick analagy. A baby needs to feed a minimum of every three hours (taking into account every babie's needs are different) Like a baby, I make sure I eat every 2 1/2 to three hours and don't miss a meal. You wouldn't skip a meal when it comes to your baby...why would you skip a meal when it comes to you?

Now the big question is, what time should we stop eating at night? Ask yourself this, if your baby is awake between 7:00 p.m to 12:00 a.m do you not feed your baby in that five hour window because it's late and maybe she/he is meerly colic or whathave ya? Ok, I get that babies are babies and have different needs than us, but are they really that different from us? If you are working on a paper, or working late at the office and don't make it home until 10:00 p.m. do you still not eat? My logic is this...if you are still using your brain, exerting your body in an effert to complete a task which needs to be done late at night, why wouldn't you fuel your body at that time also? You're still burning calories because you are still active! Without the proper fuel, how can one function no matter what time of day it is.

Again, my rule of thumb is no matter how long your day takes you, don't let three hours go by before eating a meal. You can make the proper, educated choices and still be on your way to that goal weight! Hope this helps and good luck to everyone on their weightloss journey!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    FYI, meal timing doesn't matter.

meal timing (ie: last meal at xx time or xx amount of hours before bed) doesn't matter.
    but eating healthy and more often does matter, in a sense, as it speeds up your metabolism.
    No it doesn't.
  • LadiDeeJay10
    Options
    I am up at 5:45 am everyday, eat breakfast at 6:30 and my last meal of the day is usually between 7-8, no later than 9.
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I am up at 5am, Breakfast is oatmeal at 5:30 (usually eaten in the car on the way to work). A snack of a piece of fruit or a granola bar at 10:30ish. Lunch is at 1:45pm and is my biggest meal around 700 calories. Dinner is around 7pm when I get home from work if DS doesn't have any sports stuff going on. Bed is around 10pm.
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is usually around 7am. Dinner is usually around 6pm.
  • letsgetskinny88
    Options
    7 am break fast
    5pm dinner

i do get hungry after 5pm, but resist all temptation. hard but do-able!
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I work 9-5.

6:30 a.m. get up
    7 a.m. walk dog 30 mins
    8 a.m. breakfast
    11 a.m. mid morning snack
    12:30 pm lunch
    3 p.m. afternoon snack
    5:30 p.m. evening training for an hour (while OH does evening dog duty)
    6:30 p.m. sometimes post workout protein
    7:30 p.m. dinner
    10.30 p.m. lights out