In between sizes: Hobo vs. Sausage

Options
13»

Replies

• Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    2. Trade with others. My sisters and a few friends routinely share our hand-me-downs (or ups). This is fun, even when not in this strange weight holding pattern too!
    ^^^^This! Think about asking around to borrow some clothes in the size that fits you now. You can return them when you're through, or donate them when you're done, if the original owner no longer needs them. And remember, at 2 lbs a week, this is only a month-long problem... :happy:
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I went thru the same thing (and still am) and my son acvtually said "Dad you look like a hobo with your shorts all cinched up" I threw all my jeans & shorts into the washer on HOT and HI heat fro dry and shrunk them :-P ................It sorta worked lol
  • tdmcmains
    tdmcmains Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Do you have freecycle in your area. Google it. It's just... free stuff. You can post wanted ads or offers and here outside boston, it's pretty active and there's a good chance getting what you're looking for.
  • miss_missa07
    miss_missa07 Posts: 170
    Options
    If you can't spend the money on clothes you could always take in your own clothes. I'm sure you could find something on youtube showing how, if you don't know how to yet. Without a sewing machine may take longer, but maybe your mother, sister, or friend has a sewing machine you could use?

I was going to suggest this as well :). A little bit of sewing goes a long way!
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    Yep!!! Been there done that! Got the t-shirt! Actually 2 t-shirts! Too big and too small!! I go with hobo look but really tired of the front of the pants drooping!!!
  • superrjo
    superrjo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    whatever you do dont buy new stuff! i am obsessed with jeans and so bought a new pair through the various sizes of my weight loss, and got practically no wear out of them. they're UK size 10's and now I wear a 6 but I cant even bear to get rid of them as their in such perfect condition..
  • Charliebarleymo
    Options
    Do you have friends that you could do a swap with? My girilfriends and I do that sometimes.

I second that =)

Great idea - make a night of it. Get friends round, everybody swap a few items. New wardrobes all round!